• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Biggest fail moment so far?

But yeah. That Aerodactyl...Dx

Huh, it was his freaking Outrage and Dragon Rush that did me in. Outrage dragonite was a pain (I wasted FORTY full restores healing from it) and dragon rush never. missed. once.

Huh, it was his freaking Outrage and Dragon Rush that did me in. Outrage dragonite was a pain (I wasted FORTY full restores healing from it) and dragon rush never. missed. once.

Ironically, I took all 3 dragonites out pretty easily. Just that, I didn't have alot of supplies and most of my pokemon were low on health. But I KNEW I could win it, so I didn't bother starting over at the beginning of the league and kept going till a new strategy worked.

And yeah. I. HATE. LANCE. AND. HIS. GODDAMN. FULL. RESTORES. >:T

My biggest SS fail was at battle tower...
On BattleCastle i was just about to win my hundreth battle.
BUT NOOO!Some frickenPokeFan killed My Typhlosion with a Magikarp.
I forgotted to heal after last battle *sob*

I got Lugia to 1 HP using a Super Fang/False Swipe/ Spore Smeargle, stalled out Recover's PP, only to have it struggle to death in my face.

Wild Raikou appeared! (Shiny animation!)
Me: WHAT?! <sends out Smeargle, who now knows Mean Look.> Got the little blighter down to 1 HP with False Swipe and Spore, only to have it break out of 35 Ultra Balls and Roar away. I know it will still be shiny later, but still...

Other: Wild Growlithe appeared! <shiny animation>
Go! (random Pokemon. This is much earlier)
Wild Growlithe used Roar!

I thought I saved the game, so I turned it off. But then I realized I didn't. Missed an hour or two right there. ):

I thought I saved the game, so I turned it off. But then I realized I didn't. Missed an hour or two right there. ):

See, I'm UBER paranoid about that. I save like three times each time I turn the game off.

Wild Graveler appeared! *Cue shiny animation*

"Holy crap, it's a shiny Graveler!" *I show my boyfriend*

"Okay, let's use Crobat's Wing Attack, I don't want to kill it."

Wild Graveler used Selfdestruct.

:bawling:

I played for 6 hours straight and didn't save once. :bawling:

Took me eight more hours to catch up. (Two of theose hours were spent trying to commit in-game suicide.)

Here I am, standing in front of Regirock in Rock peak ruins in platinum. The other two Golems were pieces of Cake for my false swiping Weavile. The last key to getting Regigigas and rubbing it in my friends faces that I nabbed it first. The Screen shakes, I enter the battle screen tingling with excitement as the battle music opens up. Claw (My Weavile's nickname) jumps out of it's ball and immediately False Swipes Regirock...

Only to realise that Rock resists normal, Regirock has amazing defense power and it can learn Superpower at Lv30...

Weavile went down and I tried my best to capture without it, but no, 36 FREAKING ULTRA BALLS ON A LEVEL 30 REGIROCK JUST BOUNCE OFF LIKE MEATBALLS OFF MOTHRA!!!

Ended up killing it via critical hit from Charizard's flamthrower. Had to wait another bloody weak for Stoney to come back so I could try again. Got it that time, and managed to beat my friends to Regigigas, luckily.

Lol, me too. Another fail is me not knowing about the Pokéathlon shop and wasting ALL of my points (about 11000) on the friggin' data cards.
Lol, I did kinda the opposite. I knew about the shop but wanted first to buy all cards (and so I did). Just FYI, the single last card is 9,999 points in value.

Trying to evolve a Haunter on the GTS, then end up getting a level 6 Charizard.
...they allow trading of such blatant hacks? :/

I played for 6 hours straight and didn't save once. :bawling:

Took me eight more hours to catch up. (Two of theose hours were spent trying to commit in-game suicide.)
My biggest fail is somewhat similar - I bred an egg, hatched it, went to train it. It was late at the night, but I took the DS to my bed. I had trained that damn Trapinch to level 38. Then I fall asleep, and notice in the morning that the DS lid is open and the battery has run dry while I was sleeping. No, I didn't save. >.>

Biggest Fail? I've got the slower 'mon. I use fly. They use Hyper Beam while I'm in the air.

Fail.

I got Lugia to 1 HP using a Super Fang/False Swipe/ Spore Smeargle, stalled out Recover's PP, only to have it struggle to death in my face.

Oh man, that same thing happened to me FOUR TIMES with Ho-Oh. I didn't play for a week after all that, then picked it back up and threw ONE ULTRA BALL and caught it.
:banghead:

In every rematch battle I've had with Misty's Milotic, it uses Rest -> Sleep Talk -> *random attack* -> Sleep Talk -> *random attack* -> wakes up -> Sleep Talk. Obviously, Sleep Talk fails when the user is awake XD

Zapdos. With 47 Ultra Balls in tow, it took me 3 tries (two resets) to catch him, resetting each time because I ran out of Ultra Balls. And when I finally caught him, it was in a Great Ball.

Let's not talk about the fact that Moltres knows Safeguard now...

Facing Ho-oh, it was in the reds and paralyzed and I had 65 ultra balls. Problem is, all my Pokemon were below lv 39. Had to use the master ball.

Leveling my Eevee, looking for a Fire Stone to fill the much needed Fire type hole in my team.

"What?!"
"Eevee is evolving!"
*Me looking dumbstruck at the screen for a few seconds* "Huh? WAIT! NO!" *bash B button*
"Eevee evolved into Espeon!"
*facepalm*

I hadn't saved in ages, now my accidental Espeon is in my team -_-

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom