• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Biggest fail moment so far?

Gaz-the-Gliscor

I'm unbeatable!!
Reaction score
Right, I wanna know something oddly hilarious that's happened to you so far in HG/SS, be it something you've done or maybe an NPC trainer has done. I'll start of. I ended up in a double battle in the vermillion gym and the guy sent out Jolteon and Electrode, Jolteon kept using helping hand and the eletrode kept trying to use shock wave yet Jolteon's volt absorb stopped the attack!

Must be the occasions where you fight the Elite Four, and you make a move that brings their current pokemon down to say, 15% of their health, and you go to make the deciding move, Full Restore. The real part of it is when this happens several times in quick succession.

Or when fighting with a Vulpix(I forget if it was trainer or just a wild pokemon), it kept using Roar, for probably about 4-5 turns.

I was battling against one of the Kimono Girls. She had Jolteon, and I fought my Quagsire against it. The only move Jolteon could use was Double Team, so therefore it kept on using it.

I was battling against one of the Kimono Girls. She had Jolteon, and I fought my Quagsire against it. The only move Jolteon could use was Double Team, so therefore it kept on using it.

That happened to me too but I was using Electivire (Motor Drive) and Jolteon kept using Double Team

Here's the situation:

Entei is facing Feraligatr. I've been chasing this bugger down, but he's kept running away from me. But I've got him this time. I have him trapped in the Whirlpool, and Waterfall's got him in the red. Next turn, I will catch him.

Cue the inevitable Roar. Cue the rather fearsome Feraligatr getting scared off. Cue me with my head on my desk, almost crying.

Here's the situation:

Entei is facing Feraligatr. I've been chasing this bugger down, but he's kept running away from me. But I've got him this time. I have him trapped in the Whirlpool, and Waterfall's got him in the red. Next turn, I will catch him.

Cue the inevitable Roar. Cue the rather fearsome Feraligatr getting scared off. Cue me with my head on my desk, almost crying.

At least if Entei in the red you can still catch Entei next encounter and then you can choose the ball you want to catch it with.

My problem is Raikou

tried to catch suicune,but ran out of ultra balls,
so i ran...

Killed Ho-oh. 1 hp, asleep, and apparently, 11 Ultra balls won't work!

I haven't gotten either game yet, but a friend of mine had run across something rather awesome when he was playing HeartGold. When battling Silver in Goldenrod, one if the quotes he says during battle is "why so serious?" That's sum funny sh*t raight thar... :lol:

If you don't get it, it's a rather famous Joker quote from The Dark Knight.

In the bug catching contest, in my desire to catch a scyther, my pokemon was defeated. First time that ever happened in a contest.

So, I reset, got out my Arceus, and then wouldn't you know it, COULD NOT FIND A SCYTHER.

Battle Factory Open Level. I sent out a Salamence against a Hippowdon. First move Hippowdon makes: Earthquake -facepalm-.
Even more fail, after i beat that first guy, the second guy sent out a Dugtrio and it too: Earthquake -double facepalm-

Spent an hour searching in a certain patch of grass for a specific Pokemon...then I find out I'm on the wrong Route.

Well, I might as well reveal that a Team Rocket Grunt's Zubat flinched my Geodude to death with Astonish O.O

Went to pick up Pryce's phone number while in the middle of egg hatching. Get there and it's raining. I think about catching a Magikarp perhaps to show to the fella in the house, and while I'm thinking I start absent-mindedly talking to NPCs. Oops.

Turns out I had a trainer rematch available to me and accidentally accepted it. So I go into battle with this guy's Lv. 28 Gyarados. Ohh boy. I've got... 3 Pokemon with me. A Murkrow (temporary HM Fly whore), Magmar (hatching whore), and Misdreavus (the egg move whore I was using). And without saving before. Ohh boy again. Luckily, he just had the one Gyarados. And Misdreavus had Curse. So I confuse it, pop the Curse, Miss goes down, I send in the sacrafice Murkrow, revive Miss, and manage to make the overpowering Gyarados faint. Phew!

Yeah. Not doing that again any time soon.

Realizing that even without Scrappy, my GSC method of using hypnosis/spite on Whitney's Miltank to take care of rollout wouldn't work (apparently now spite has to be used in the same turn that the move being drained was used rather than just draining the last move used; luckily I found this out before the gym match, but still...). :<

So I just switched in Quilava, switched to Geodude, then used Selfdestruct (switched Quilava so at least someone would get the XP). XD

Another fail moment: My party's only around level 20, but I've started to run into the legendary beasts more often than normal, so I decide I'll just catch Raikou for now. So I have my Gastly out and he uses hypnosis. Now just to use night shade a few times... :3

HOLY FU- ... he ran?... :<

Funny how subtle changes in battle programming can wreck everything that used to work for you....

I had an Encounter with Entei. Since it's half fire, I thought my Shellder was going to kick his ass and weaken it so I could catch it. After my Shellder made the first move, Entei fled.
FML.

Now I know to have a pokemon in my party that knows mean look.

Bruno's hitmontop has nothing to damage a levitating ghost but he sure kept trying to use dig anyway. This happened with both me and my misdreavus and my friend and her giratina, it was both funny and sad.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom