• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Biggest fail moment so far?

In HeartGold, when I Surfed Ho-Oh loads of time to about 1 HP. I throw one Ultra Ball, and Ho-Oh is caught! And that happened BOTH times I've played through the game. Lucky, huh?

In HeartGold, when I Surfed Ho-Oh loads of time to about 1 HP. I throw one Ultra Ball, and Ho-Oh is caught! And that happened BOTH times I've played through the game. Lucky, huh?

Maybe. Frankly, I don't see why that'd be a "big fail moment" at all.

Leveling my Eevee, looking for a Fire Stone to fill the much needed Fire type hole in my team.

"What?!"
"Eevee is evolving!"
*Me looking dumbstruck at the screen for a few seconds* "Huh? WAIT! NO!" *bash B button*
"Eevee evolved into Espeon!"
*facepalm*

I hadn't saved in ages, now my accidental Espeon is in my team -_-

You're actually better off. Flareon is a horrible fire type while Espeon is awesome.

But you can just breed them.

Cruising Route 45, beating the prolific Rock types with my Feraligatr, trying to get him some decent levels for the Elite 4. Suddenly, I encounter the first (and only) shiny pokemon I've ever seen in my games: a shiny Graveler! Well, I don't particularly care about shiny pokemon, and the Graveler is orange, which puts it somewhere between butt-ugly and ugly butt.

"Well," I think to myself. "Might as well catch it, maybe it'll come in handy or it'll be decent trade fodder for later." My Feraligatr has half HP, but should be plenty to take out the Graveler. I use a resisted move to get the Graveler's HP low. It goes to half HP. Graveler's turn. Selfdestruct! KOs my Feraligatr, KOs himself. FML.

I've had several big fail moments:
1.) Spent awhile doing transfers between HG/SS from one DS lt to my DS XL (luv it!), and had no idea about nature. Got them to about level 20 and then found out about natures and decided I wanted good natured starters so spent about 6 hours or so restarting my SS version until I got all the starters with the natures I wanted. I guess if I had done more research ahead of time I would have done it differently. Good thing is that I can use all my trash Pokemon to blow through the story without having to corrupt my good natured Pokemon.

2.) Spending loads of Watts on the Pokewalker only to realse that not all Pokemon are available per walk. I kept trying to get Munchlax, only realizing that you have to reload your Pokemon to potential get different options. Arg!!!

Facing Ho-oh, it was in the reds and paralyzed and I had 65 ultra balls. Problem is, all my Pokemon were below lv 39. Had to use the master ball.

Is capture chance determined by level above or below the target?

I know Entei or Raikou fleeing isn't a fail, but...

EXCUSE ME I'M ENTEI LET ME RUN WHILE SLEEPING/FROZEN

My face: >:I

Leveling up a Misdreavus for Mean Look (to catch the agile frozen dogs referenced above), only to not realize that Mean Look stopped working once the Pokemon administering it fainted. Going into battle with 1/3 of its HP didn't work so well.

I also had to reset six times to capture Moltres. It struggled itself to death almost every time.

About half of what NPCs call you to talk about is pretty fail, too.

"I always just catch Pokemon and let them go..."
"A wild Poliwag stomped me today!"
"RATTATA RATTATA RATTATA"
"I'm hungry. Bye!" (Thanks, Whitney!)

I know Entei or Raikou fleeing isn't a fail, but...

EXCUSE ME I'M ENTEI LET ME RUN WHILE SLEEPING/FROZEN

My face: >:I

I love awkward zombie, she seems to be crazy about Pokemon lately too

comic153.png

She already touched on this subject XD

FINALLY encountering Raikou after half an hour of going between Ecruteak City and route 37, then froze it on the first turn.

It fled.
I mean seriously, how can a pokemon frozen in a block of ice run away?

Then afterwards, after using all my pokeballs trying to catch Ho-oh, Entei appeared. ¬¬

First my almost fails:
Was adventuring with Buck in Stark Mt. and find a shiny Golbat along with some fire-type or other. Luckily Buck only used defensive moves. Caught the bat and went to PC to check it out and then went back to adventurin'. Then we find a shiny Graveler which Buck almost kills but I caught anyway.

Now my fails:
During my time as a noob I was losing to Brawly over and over using my Marshtomp and some of the strongest pokes I had caught, like Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Geodude, and Wumple. At the 5th or 6th battle his Lv 20 Makuhita (do repeated loses actually level up your opponent?) was at like 1 HP. He had run out of items and all I had was Wurmple, and Wurmple won.

In HG I'm in the Battle Castle with my three best movewise, statswise, and tierwise pokes and at the 7th battle. Then suddenly the opponent pulls out her final poke, a Shedinja and I realize I have nothing to counter with! Luckily Future Sight was able to effect it.

Just saying, most of that post was about other games. This is for HGSS.

Well my biggest fail in Emerald so far was forgetting to heal my pokemons after beating up Team Aqua in the Weather Instistute and end up losing to Brendan! BRENDAN!!! At least Casform took down 2 but his starter was pretty tough and Castform lost...

I love awkward zombie, she seems to be crazy about Pokemon lately too

She already touched on this subject XD

Oh god, I love that comic. Also my feelings exactly. Down to the HOLY SHIT LEGENDARY ASGDFGKJDGSMJGYHVCFNGJ part.

Anyways, currently training up for the E4. Right now, I'm training my Jynx on the route between Blackthorn and Cherrygrove. She's only fainted, oh... 27 times from all the self-destructing Geodudes and Gravelers. :I

On the plus side, I caught a Gligar (now Glyde) and a Phanpy (now Harris) on that route today!

Oh god, I love that comic. Also my feelings exactly. Down to the HOLY SHIT LEGENDARY ASGDFGKJDGSMJGYHVCFNGJ part.

Anyways, currently training up for the E4. Right now, I'm training my Jynx on the route between Blackthorn and Cherrygrove. She's only fainted, oh... 27 times from all the self-destructing Geodudes and Gravelers. :I

On the plus side, I caught a Gligar (now Glyde) and a Phanpy (now Harris) on that route today!
I had that problem too! I was training for Clair and my Ampharos and Pidgeot simply couldn't handle all the Gravellers. My Pidgeot was taken down by self-destruct so many times. Or it was flying and never got hit. XD

Trying to take on a level 40 or so Graveller with my Vespiquen. I attempted to Toxic stall and using Defend Order.

Fail. D:

Fighting some Rocket Admin in HG. Name unknown, but he's got a Weezing that knows SelfDestruct or Explosion.

Growlithe used Dig!
Enemy Weezing used Selfdestruct/Explosion!
Enemy Weezing's attack missed.

the irony was that Dig wouldn't have been able to do smack to Weezing thanks to Levitate.

Found a Shiny Steelix on Iron Island. Riley killed it.

many fail moments :(
Bug catching contest:
Lost with a scyther lvl 13 against a person who had a weedle lvl 16 :(
Other time: lost with a caterpie lvl 18 to a butterfree lvl 14 -_-

Catching Latios:
Had one hp and sleep. 5 fast balls failed before catching it -_-

Newest and WORST FAIL OF ALL TIME:
EV Training my Gengar with EXP SHARE. Encounter with a dugtrio and my Milotic is first. Milotic can only one shot it and then my gengar's EV's would get destroyed if I killed it. Running is prevented with Arena trap. Spent more than 20 minutes trying to friggin catch the little sucker and ended up finally catching it after some 30 ultra balls 10 pokeballs and 5 great balls -_- Could not lower its HP due to only 1 shotting super strong moves... Also he was doing 5-10 damage to my milotic while milotic's leftovers would heal more than 20 FAIL

I've had a few fails while playing SS.
1. Catching a level 14 Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest, only to lose to a Caterpie.
2. Using a weak move on one of Bugsy's Pokémon while it had really low health (to save PP), and then she uses a Full Restore.
3. Accidentally taking 2 Cameron the Photographer photos in a row.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom