• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Bite vs. Faint Attack

Princess of Lumas

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Okay, Okay, i know they are moves, not Pokemon. But which move is better? Both have 60 attack power, Bite has 100 accuracy, Faint attack never misses, but Bite can flinch. So which is better?

Well since there is usually an evasion clause, you wouldn't find much use for Faint Attack.

However, in-game, both can come in pretty handy.

I like Faint Attack because of how cool it looks.

In the old days (Gen 2), I would use Faint Attack over Bite on my Dark Pokemon. It seemed more appropriate. If I had access to Crunch, I would use that over Bite, but if not, I'd use Bite as a filler move on one of my Pokemon. It offered decent type coverage, especially if it was a Special-based Pokemon.

Nowadays, it's usually Bite all the way. Faint Attack doesn't cut it in terms of raw power out there with so many more interesting Dark-type attacks.

Faint Attack just a little more. It's cool having your pokemon fake a KO and then POW lower the boom.

Bite is learned by many non-dark pokemon and is pretty useful for them, so I use it more.
However I say Faint Attack is better on a pokemon that learns both.

In the old days (Gen 2), I would use Faint Attack over Bite on my Dark Pokemon.

Too bad Umbreon doesn't learn Faint Attack after Level 36... and Bite had 30% flinch back in those days.

But now, Faint Attack seems better, just because it never misses and has the same power.

I like faint attack more, but bite is better because of the flinch, so yeah.

Bite has a good flinching chance, so it's great. So far, evasion and accuracy aren't much focused on, so Faint Attack is not so useful yet of the two. I would prefer Bite. Great for Dunsparce and Crobat.

Bite, only for Flinch hax. I have been getting the hax a goood lot in Platinum lately.

Faint attack looks better though.

I've always just preferred Faint Attack, as I feel Crunch trumps Bite.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom