• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bizarre glitch/bug/quirk/another reason to hate vBulletin with the blogs

Reaction score
According to my blog count (on the calendar on the left side, labeled "Archives") for Wednesday, I've made 4 blogs. However, there are really five. And today, I've made two blogs, but it's saying I've made only one (probably will be upped by the time you read this).

First off, let's talk about how that calendar there originally worked. Unlike certain other features of the board (such as the Arcade's high scores, or the Blog Statstics in the Blog Control Panel), this used your current time zone to generate it. So for an easy example, if you set your timezone to Pacific Time and look through my blog, you'd have seen that I've posted one blog a day every day. Except for one day when the tech guys failed miserably and the boards were down for a whole day...and speaking of failing miserably, now, that calendar is all screwed up, to the point of where it's gotten really, really weird.

Try going to April 6th, 2009 for example. The board claims I've posted 1 blog there, but depending on your time zone settings (such as my Pacific Time), it may show I've posted none at all! Or, try going to May 8th, 2009. The board says I've posted no blogs there, but your timezone may disagree.

What seems to be happening is that the calendars are now using that (stupid IMO) global timer, but the blogs (and posts) are using the current timezone. You always see posts and blogs in your current timezone instead of the poster's or a global one. So say, if someone in EST posted something at 2AM, I, in PST would see it as posted at 11PM the day before. Similarly, the board is generating the calendar based off another time zone, but if yours does not match up with that, the information provided will not be accurate, because what it thinks may have been posted on one day could've been posted on another in your time zone, leading to confusion or even messing up the clickability in cases such as the above.

Yeah, this is a pretty strange one, and I have no idea what caused it or when it changed, because I'm 100% on it being different before. But alas, it did, I noticed, we haven't upgraded, and here we are at this moment. Is there any way/possibility that this can be changed back?

Last edited:
I'm not sure that...we can do anything about this, if it's just problems hardcoded into the way the software processes dates.

I'm not sure that...we can do anything about this, if it's just problems hardcoded into the way the software processes dates.

Like I said, it definitely used to be different, so it's not hardcoded in. And since we haven't upgraded the boards since when I last checked and saw it to be correct (may actually have been less than a month ago, actually), a switch must have been changed in the board settings sometime somewhere to cause this unusual effect to happen.

Besides, if it was hardcoded, I'd like to think it would use GMT over anything else, but it doesn't seem to be using that either (otherwise, it would count my blog at 1AM PST today as being posted at 9AM and would include it in the count).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom