• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 5: What the heck happened to Unova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyurem froze from the Giant Chasm out. Two years into the future brought on a lot of development.

1. What happened to cause changes?
Kyurem lowered the temperature of Unova, causing cold northern places and anywhere nearby to become snowy or frozen.
Route 4 changed because, well, construction was finished.
The new sections in the southwest were covered in trees before, but the developing area needed the lumber to expand, leading to the loss of some forest and arial visibility.
Driftveil was attacked by the villain team with bombs they were testing, leaving craters.
The Entralink's water source has been frozen, so water no longer surounds it.
A replacement pokemon league has been stationed in the mountains east of the Entralink
Because of the steady climate change over the past 2 years from Kyurem, pokemon from southwest Unova and other regions have migrated to Unova

2. Why did it happen?
Kyurem, being connected to Reshiram and Zekrom, became enraged at their fight in N's Castle. It lost control and froze parts of the region.

i think it is just use to cover the new areas and i think the new areas has the new batch of gym leaders and look at the battle subway destinations one of the lane looks like directing to hiougi city look closely Battle_Subway_Map.png

This is a wild guess and speculation:

First thing? Why did Unova got frozen?
- Like the events that happened in Platinum, it was the work of another Pokemon beside the two main legendary Pokemon, Giratina that time, Kyurem this time. The Pokemon company, to thoroughly demonstrate the power of Kyurem, made it frozen. I speculate that around those 2 years, because Kyurem cant control most of its power, it spread across Unova and resulted in a region inside a freezer.

Entralink? New type of tree?
- The first one if I'm not mistaken, is a whirled rock thing that has greens in it, and now it looked like a Sudowoodo with many arms. Maybe they left it like that to add something new.

The new cities and towns
- I speculate that the people from the eastern side of Unova transferred to the West side so that, obviously, to avoid the that growing disaster. And around those 2 years, Some gym leaders retired and some took over. The Pokemon League isn't visible anymore, so I hope that it will stay as it is. The company did this so that the western portion of Unova will somehow flourish and will not stay in its forest form. That Anville Town got lucky, maybe in this game, we will find out a new route on how to get to that lonely town even without the use of the train. I love to hear something new about this town. That water around Entralink may have been transferred to the water tunnel, that I believe, is located between Nimbasa and the desert. Icirrus stands firm on its honor of being the "Ice Town", they added a lot of ice in there, sounds good.

Speculation:
*Team Plasma is still the villain, someone tried to revive it.
*We cannot use Entralink til we beat the game.
*There is a new route (maybe the cave near it) that will grant another access to Anville Town
*Entralink is suffering from Kyurem's power.
*We can see the whole Unova region free from ice after we beat the game.
*There are new Pokemon to be introduced (Im not sure)
*Regice will star somehow in this frozen world.
*There are new gym leaders that will replace old ones, and new set of Elite Four.

Seriously, I really speculate that the newly introduced professor is N. I pity the Sky Arrow bridge, its beauty!! I hope that we can see Nuvema Town again and it'll all be cleared from the ice. I want to use an Ice pick to clear all those Ice so that I can see the good ol Professor Juniper again. Happy Speculation!

Looking closely at the ice, it's drawn differently than the rest of the map, and it looks like it was placed over the map like a photoshop filter, I think in reality, they're just covering areas that have barely changed or haven't changed at all, or more rather, the "ice" is just to cover the areas that are too spoilerous to show, much like in the old versions how the post game areas were all covered in clouds until the game was released and the full visible map of Unova was released with it, they're just covering those areas on the map in a unique way, when in reality, it's completely normal there. However, looking very closely at the map, including beneath the so called "ice", I've noticed a few things that question me:

unovaquestions.png
Not to mention that Liberty Island is visible despite only being available through a distribution event, and locations like that are usually not shown on the map, so there is something suspicious going on...

Ok... The evil Team Superconductor (see what I did there) froze Unova with the help of Kyurem.

Kyurem happened. Why? I'll tell you. It's not because of the evil team, it's not because Kyurem was hungry, or somebody tried to catch him, or he was stopping Ghetsis or something.

Kyurem was just bored. That's what happened.

I posted part of my theory behind this in my entry in the Villainous Team contest, but I'll elaborate here.

Since I believe that Team Plasma will still be around (semi-secretly, of course), they will have something to do with what is going on. Due to the player's triumph over N and Ghetsis in B/W and his/her capture of the legendary dragon Pokemon (Reshiram or Zekrom), Ghetsis (who is in hiding but still the head of Team Plasma), changed his plans to take over the Unova region. He set his sights on capturing the Ice/Dragon Kyurem to conquer Unova and to take revenge on the player from Black/White. He plans to accomplish this by using the genetically modified Genesect, which Team Plasma has secretly continued experimenting on. His determination to capture the legendary Pokemon has brought him, and Team Plasma, closer and closer to their goal. Kyurem, sensing the threat and danger of Team Plasma, has been angered and its emotions have been heightened, thus transforming into its alternate forme, Black Kyurem for Black, White Kyurem for White. This works to Ghetsis' plans, as he wants to capture Black Kyurem to counteract the player's capture of Reshiram and N's failure in Black (hence it being the mascot of Black 2) or White Kyurem to counteract the player's capture of Zekrom and N's failure in White (hence it being the mascot of White 2). Kyurem's anger and rage towards Ghetsis and Team Plasma has not only caused it to transform into one of the two formes, it has also resulted in the massive glacier that is slowly enveloping Unova. The battle between Ghetsis/Team Plasma and Kyurem is causing the current issue with the changing landscape. As Ghetsis grows closer to achieving his goal, Unova grows closer to another Ice Age and ultimate destruction.

All of the battling and fighting between the two sides has caused changes throughout the entire region, not just the glacier. Geographic events, including earthquakes, have occurred, which is why some areas have disappeared completely and whole caves/mountainsides are gone. Impending doom is also what caused people to move south, therefore settling in the Desert Resort area. The people of Unova are hoping to avoid destruction and this fear has caused them to look for new places to hide/call home, which is why new areas have opened and new places have been settled. They know that this is only a temporary measure, though and if something isn't done soon, all of Unova will be destroyed.

Ultimately, Ghetsis and Team Plasma is behind everything, as most villainous teams are.

That's a little morose and perhaps a little more than far-fetched (more akin to a fanfiction than an actual game plot) but it's what my theory is behind the changing Unova landscape.

with zekrom and reshiram released from their orbs, kyurem awakened. kyurem merged with the two of them. then, kyurem caused a sort of reverse global warming. global cooling, if you will. as for entralink, since you teleport there anyways, who cares?

At some point after the first games, Kyurem either absorbed N's legendary dragon Pokémon, or somehow cloned its DNA upon contact, which caused the transformation, which depends on the versions. Black Kyurem in Black 2 because N had Zekrom in Pokémon Black 1, White Kyurem in White 2 because N had it in Pokémon White 1.

As for the ice on the Unova map, i believe it's merely covering up what we're not supposed to see yet.

Some of the old towns in the first games which didn't have gyms or gyms leaders, now gets them while some of the old gyms closes down or gets revamped.

The Giant Chasm is still frozen from the battle with Kyurem in Black and White 1, which has spreaded somewhat, possibly to the nearest town which the nearby ice and snow only melts during summer.

After the player in BW awokened Kyurem, its freezing made it colder and dryer in northern Unova. This explains why the well in the center has dried up. The construction around the desert is finally done like intended in BW. The cold storage is no longer neccesary with an ice mountain next to it. The spiderweb in the western mountain is gone because of the BW player. Challenger's cave was close due to danger of collapsing. A settlement was made in the eastern mountain because why the hell not. The lighthouse was removed because it served no real purpose, all ships come to Castelia anyway.

I think it's because of Kyurem, it has been disrupted, probably for the villain's plot. Meanwhile the cicilians decide it's climate change, but the hero will unocover the truth as her/his adventure continues.

If I had to speculate, I don't think it would be that the player from BW woke Kyurem and caused this. That's kind of a "what if the player DID visit Kyurem in BW?" scenario, and not every player in BW does that.

My speculation, there's some remaining very loyal members of Team Plasma, and in the same vein as the Rockets from Gen II, decide to continue what was left unfinished by pursuing Kyurem instead, and subsequently causes the next ice age by waking it up. Perhaps they, like how the Rockets wanted to find Giovanni, want to locate N and hopes that by getting Kyurem, it would lead them to N and his dragon. Kyurem would probably escape from their grasp as soon as it awakes though, thus leading to a widespread search for it. How it becomes Black or White formes, I don't have the imagination to figure that out.

Akuroma's item fused Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom. Akuroma proceeded to freeze Unova with Black/White Kyurem.

After the defeat of zekrom/reshiram by it's significant other the balance between the yin and yang shifted, causing kyurem to awaken and cause destruction.

Looking closely at the ice, it's drawn differently than the rest of the map, and it looks like it was placed over the map like a photoshop filter, I think in reality, they're just covering areas that have barely changed or haven't changed at all, or more rather, the "ice" is just to cover the areas that are too spoilerous to show, much like in the old versions how the post game areas were all covered in clouds until the game was released and the full visible map of Unova was released with it, they're just covering those areas on the map in a unique way, when in reality, it's completely normal there. However, looking very closely at the map, including beneath the so called "ice", I've noticed a few things that question me:

unovaquestions.png
Not to mention that Liberty Island is visible despite only being available through a distribution event, and locations like that are usually not shown on the map, so there is something suspicious going on...
Building on that, I found this:
pokmon-the-truth-about-the-ice.png
Put simply, everything is still there. You just start in a different corner of the map.

unovaquestions.png
Building on that, I found this:
pokmon-the-truth-about-the-ice.png
Put simply, everything is still there. You just start in a different corner of the map.

Exactly, I think Game Freak is just tricking us so they don't have to show what's REALLY beneath there, and to give us a feeling of fear and curiosity to what happened in Unova, when nothing happened at all and everything is exactly the same, or contains too much spoilers.

Judging by how they used ice instead of clouds, I do think ice will be in the plot, but not covering half the region.

Well Judging from the new Map Of The Region I saw, Im guessing Kyruem Went On a Rage Freezing Most Of The Region And Driving People In to More Southern Citys

Well, about the Ice.. It seems pretty obvious that it has something to do with Kyurem. Thing is, I think it's not the pokémon's fault.. Somebody, probably Akuroma or Ghetsis, was trying to catch Kyurem in order to battle the hero, but... something went wrong, and N's dragon DNA got mixed with Kyurems, creating Black/White Kyurem, who went on a rampage and froze the eastern Unova. Now, both you and the villains have to find and catch Kyurem, and probably, after you return it to it's original form, the ice will be gone.

The pokémon League HQ will be abandoned, after the Plasma Castle incident. The new pokémon league now will be on the Eastern Unova.

The southwestern cities used to be smaller, and that's why we didn't visit them on the first games, but they saw some development on the past few years, some gym leaders stablished themselves there, and the new underwater tunnel made the people traffic between that and the rest of Unova much easier.

Due to the underground gym shaking up things in Driftveil, the city has now lost it's attractive as a portuary city, and the main buildings were moved to the big city in the southwest, leaving poor driftveil almost empty.

Route 4 is now full paved, with a regular tour to the desert resort; the sand level raised, and the relic castle is totally buried.. or so people think.

The settlement where Landorus shrine is located has gotten much bigger.

There are also more buildings on the Plasma Lab Island, on those two routes left of the starting town on BW.

There's a whole new city only accessible by the subway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom