• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Defeated Cheren today. Was tricky with just Flambe, though. oAo; I nearly let her evolved, then remembered I was going for an all-prevo run for B2W2. I'm not sure where to catch my next Pokemon, though I oughta hit Bulbapedia for that, huh? That's about all I can do tonight. Flambe is at level 15 now. Here's to a continuation of a good story so far, even though I can't understand much of what's happening.

Another day has passed and I've now progressed to Mistralton. Following the plans, Tranquill and Stoutland were boxed in favor of Archen (kindly provided by Mintaka) and Litwick. Oh, and Magnemite also evolved twice during the trip through Chargestone Cave, as planned.

I've liked most of the new gym themes so far, but Clay's gym was rather bland. I don't think it was very fitting for him, but that might just be me. Cheren's gym wasn't very exciting either but at least it doubles as a school yard. Roxie's D-O-G-A-R-S rock pub, Burgh's spider silk... thing and Elesa's catwalk were good, though. Hmm, and the Pokémon World Tournament is looking good, too; I'm looking forward to sinking some time on it after beating the main storyline.

Looks like they've thrown in a few triple and rotation battles every now and then. I don't mind much, though of course they are coming as a bit of surprise; in BW, most if not all battles deviating from regular singles or doubles needed to be initiated via a selection, but now Ace Trainers challenge you to such a special battle out of the blue without any warning :p

[div="background-color: #081629; width: 60%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: center;"]

[div="border: 4px solid white; border-radius: 7px; background-color: #2B58D6; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; text-align: left; padding: 4px;"][span="float: right; border-radius: 4px; background-color: #1C49C6; border-bottom: 4px solid #0731A6; border-top: 4px solid #0731A6;"]
Spr_B2W2_Mei.png
[/span]
TRAINER'S CARD
[div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]ことみ Kotomi[/span]なまえ Name[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; text-align: right; margin: 1px 2px;"]パラソルおねえさん Parasol Lady[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; margin: 1px 2px;"][span="float: right;"]ひかえめ Modest[/span]せいかく Nature[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]105ひき[/span]ずかん Pokédex[/div][div="clear: both; margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]97778円[/span]おこずかい Money[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]10976[/span]IDNo.[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]29:07[/span]プレイじかん Play Time[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; margin: 1px 2px;"]おかあさん だいすき! おとうさん も すき!
I like my mom a lot! I like my dad, too![/div][/div]
[div="border: 2px solid white; background-color: #102B52; margin-bottom: 0.5em; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; border-radius: 10px 0px / 20px 0px; text-align: center;"][span="float: left; padding: 0 10px;"]
Ani566MS.png

Lv.33[/span] 아켄 OT/민타카
Defeatist
Held_icon_IV.png

[div="clear: both;"]
AcrobaticsRock Slide
U-turnDragonbreath
[/div][/div]
[div="border: 2px solid white; background-color: #102B52; margin-top: 0.5em; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; border-radius: 10px 0px / 20px 0px; text-align: center;"][span="float: left; padding: 0 10px;"]
Ani607MS.png

Lv.34[/span] ヒトモシ
Flash Fire
Held_icon_IV.png
Charcoal
Flame BurstNight Shade
Will-o-WispHex
[/div][/div]
[div="border: 2px solid white; background-color: #102B52; margin-bottom: 0.5em; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; border-radius: 10px 0px / 20px 0px; text-align: center;"][span="float: left; padding: 0 10px;"]
Ani462MS.png

Lv.33[/span] ジバコイル
Sturdy
Held_icon_IV.png
Magnet
Magnet BombSupersonic
SparkSonicBoom
[/div][/div]
[div="border: 2px solid white; background-color: #102B52; margin-top: 0.5em; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; border-radius: 10px 0px / 20px 0px; text-align: center;"][span="float: left; padding: 0 10px;"]
Ani542MS.png

Lv.33[/span] ハハコモリ
Chlorophyll
Held_icon_IV.png
Miracle Seed
Bug BiteRazor Leaf
SlashCut
[/div][/div]
Ani448MS.png

Lv.34[/span] ルカリオ
Steadfast
Held_icon_IV.png
Quick Claw
Force PalmQuick Attack
Bone RushCounter
[/div][/div]
Ani502MS.png

Lv.33[/span] フタチマル
Torrent
Held_icon_IV.png
Mystic Water
Shell BladeSurf
DigRevenge
[/div][/div]
[/div]

It's been a day or two since I last posted, and I've managed to get all the way to Yamaji Town(?) in that time.

I'm really enjoying the games. Far, far better than BW imo.

Kyouhei_OD.png
Zeb's Log!:

Badges:

50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png

Team:

Got quite a few new team members, bringing my total up to nine. Now before you think I'm crazy, I'll just say that it's really easy to have more than six team members in this game. The wild pokemon and trainers have all had their levels boosted by a fair bit and there is more areas to train and trainers to battle. There's also the Lucky Egg which you get from Juniper at the Celestial Tower, which makes life really easy combined with the higher levelled wild pokemon. I still have at least one more team member I want to pick up, so I might get that later today depending on how much I get to play.

497.png
Salad: Lv.42
Female | Overgrow | Adamant
Leaf Blade / Return / Leech Seed / Coil
181.png
Bleet: Lv.42
Female | Static | Timid
Discharge / Power Gem / Return / Thunder Wave
448.png
Seth: Lv.42
Male | Steadfast | Jolly
Force Palm / Rock Slide / Bone Rush / Swords Dance
110.png
Boomb: Lv.42
Female | Levitate | Docile
Sludge Bomb / Return / Payback / Will-o-wisp
028.png
Pan Lv.42
Male | Sand Veil | Brave
Dig / Crush Claw / Rock Slide / Swords Dance
214.png
Atlas Lv.42
Male | Swarm | Brave
Close Combat / Shadow Claw / Aerial Ace / Strength
335.png
Juice Lv.42
Male | Immunity | Sassy
Return / Revenge / Shadow Claw / X-Scissor
227.png
Klad Lv.42
Male | Keen Eye | Bashful
Fly / Steel Wing / Rock Slide / Autotomize
326.png
Perly Lv.42
Female | Thick Fat | Relaxed
Psyshock / Power Gem / Charge Beam / Rest

So I left off around Nimbasa last time iirc:

• Elesa's gym is pretty cool. I managed to beat her pretty easily but the Volt Switching from Emolga and Zebstrika is still annoying. Flaaffy is slow, so it wasn't any trouble.
  • Flaaffy evolved into Ampharos.
  • Driftveil has had a bit of a redesign; the buildings are now greeny and there's a lot of two-story buildings which remind me of hotels for some reason. You can't surf in Driftveil anymore, which probably has some relation to why the lighthouse has gone, I guess.
  • The World Tournament was fun... but easy. Looking forward to more of that later when it should be more challenging. It's nice that the rounds are fast too -- only three battles. Whereas the battle frontier and subway battles feel like they gone forever when it's seven at a time before you finish a round.
  • Clay Road is pretty big. You can only enter one half of it to begin with (the half at the top of Driftveil is blocked off, presumably because it leads to Iccirus which is post-game) but the one at the lower half is accessible and joins up with the Relic Path in Castelia's Sewers.
  • Clay's gym was easy enough. The new puzzle is alright. His team wasn't tough though; Lucario took out both Krokorok and Excadrill while Servine finished off Sandslash.
  • Koffing evolved on the route to Chargestone.
  • I also went around Mistralton Cave after getting Surf, looked for an Aron and an Axew both of which I thought about using, but I didn't catch either with a good nature and I didn't feel like running back to the pokemon center every two minutes to check the PC, so I chose not to bother.
  • I backtracked to some earlier areas to use Surf. Main place being the sewers, and I came up in another new area of Castelia where there is a gang of three hoodlums. I beat them and got their Blackglasses :B
  • Went through Chargestone. Not much has changed apart from the occassional Nosepass.
  • Servine evolved into Serperior.
  • Arrived in Mistralton and decided to do a little training on the route above.
  • Caught and trained up Juice the Zangoose along with the rest of team.
  • Challenged Skyla, and once again, Lucario man-handled yet another gym leader. Swords Danced twice against Swoobat and then swept her entire team. Simple. I maintain she should have had a Altaria or even a Drifblim. But Skarmory isn't a bad choice, since it's sort of aeroplane-y being a steel bird and all. I love Skyla's gym's theme though. And the new puzzle is cool.
  • Then I decided to go up to the Celestial Tower. Was given the Lucky Egg by good ol' Juniper.
  • Finally took the plane over to Yamaji. Which I think is awesome! It's supposed to be based on Mexico from the looks of it and the area.
  • Caught a Skarmory and Spoink outside the mountain, which I've just trained up to Lv.42 to match the other members of my team.
  • Spoink evolved into Grumpig one level after catching it.
  • I was a little disappointed that Camerupt and Grumpig are version exclusives, since I was looking forward to using them both. But I have Sandslash as a Ground-type, so Grumpig is probably the best choice for me anyway. So it's all worked out well. Grumpig da best (when it finally learnt Psyshock ;p)
  • I'm just about to go through Rebirth mountain. The outside looks awesome. Arid landscape with a sandstorm and dead bushes. Looks really cool. Not sure why pokemon like Drifblim and Spoink are around here though, but Skarmory, Skorupi and Numel make sense. :X

TL;DR The game is good.

Last edited:
It's been a day or two since I last posted, and I've managed to get all the way to Yamaji Town(?) in that time.

I'm really enjoying the games. Far, far better than BW imo.

Kyouhei_OD.png
Zeb's Log!:

Badges:

50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png

Team:

Got quite a few new team members, bringing my total up to nine. Now before you think I'm crazy, I'll just say that it's really easy to have more than six team members in this game. The wild pokemon and trainers have all had their levels boosted by a fair bit and there is more areas to train and trainers to battle. There's also the Lucky Egg which you get from Juniper at the Celestial Tower, which makes life really easy combined with the higher levelled wild pokemon. I still have at least one more team member I want to pick up, so I might get that later today depending on how much I get to play.

497.png
Salad: Lv.42
Female | Overgrow | Adamant
Leaf Blade / Return / Leech Seed / Coil
181.png
Bleet: Lv.42
Female | Static | Timid
Discharge / Power Gem / Return / Thunder Wave
448.png
Seth: Lv.42
Male | Steadfast | Jolly
Force Palm / Rock Slide / Bone Rush / Swords Dance
110.png
Boomb: Lv.42
Female | Levitate | Docile
Sludge Bomb / Return / Payback / Will-o-wisp
028.png
Pan Lv.42
Male | Sand Veil | Brave
Dig / Crush Claw / Rock Slide / Swords Dance
214.png
Atlas Lv.42
Male | Swarm | Brave
Close Combat / Shadow Claw / Aerial Ace / Strength
335.png
Juice Lv.42
Male | Immunity | Sassy
Return / Revenge / Shadow Claw / X-Scissor
227.png
Klad Lv.42
Male | Keen Eye | Bashful
Fly / Steel Wing / Rock Slide / Autotomize
326.png
Perly Lv.42
Female | Thick Fat | Relaxed
Psyshock / Power Gem / Charge Beam / Rest

So I left off around Nimbasa last time iirc:

• Elesa's gym is pretty cool. I managed to beat her pretty easily but the Volt Switching from Emolga and Zebstrika is still annoying. Flaaffy is slow, so it wasn't any trouble.
  • Flaaffy evolved into Ampharos.
  • Driftveil has had a bit of a redesign; the buildings are now greeny and there's a lot of two-story buildings which remind me of hotels for some reason. You can't surf in Driftveil anymore, which probably has some relation to why the lighthouse has gone, I guess.
  • The World Tournament was fun... but easy. Looking forward to more of that later when it should be more challenging. It's nice that the rounds are fast too -- only three battles. Whereas the battle frontier and subway battles feel like they gone forever when it's seven at a time before you finish a round.
  • Clay Road is pretty big. You can only enter one half of it to begin with (the half at the top of Driftveil is blocked off, presumably because it leads to Iccirus which is post-game) but the one at the lower half is accessible and joins up with the Relic Path in Castelia's Sewers.
  • Clay's gym was easy enough. The new puzzle is alright. His team wasn't tough though; Lucario took out both Krokorok and Excadrill while Servine finished off Sandslash.
  • Koffing evolved on the route to Chargestone.
  • I also went around Mistralton Cave after getting Surf, looked for an Aron and an Axew both of which I thought about using, but I didn't catch either with a good nature and I didn't feel like running back to the pokemon center every two minutes to check the PC, so I chose not to bother.
  • I backtracked to some earlier areas to use Surf. Main place being the sewers, and I came up in another new area of Castelia where there is a gang of three hoodlums. I beat them and got their Blackglasses :B
  • Went through Chargestone. Not much has changed apart from the occassional Nosepass.
  • Servine evolved into Serperior.
  • Arrived in Mistralton and decided to do a little training on the route above.
  • Caught and trained up Juice the Zangoose along with the rest of team.
  • Challenged Skyla, and once again, Lucario man-handled yet another gym leader. Swords Danced twice against Swoobat and then swept her entire team. Simple. I maintain she should have had a Altaria or even a Drifblim. But Skarmory isn't a bad choice, since it's sort of aeroplane-y being a steel bird and all. I love Skyla's gym's theme though. And the new puzzle is cool.
  • Then I decided to go up to the Celestial Tower. Was given the Lucky Egg by good ol' Juniper.
  • Finally took the plane over to Yamaji. Which I think is awesome! It's supposed to be based on Mexico from the looks of it and the area.
  • Caught a Skarmory and Spoink outside the mountain, which I've just trained up to Lv.42 to match the other members of my team.
  • Spoink evolved into Grumpig one level after catching it.
  • I was a little disappointed that Camerupt and Grumpig are version exclusives, since I was looking forward to using them both. But I have Sandslash as a Ground-type, so Grumpig is probably the best choice for me anyway. So it's all worked out well. Grumpig da best (when it finally learnt Psyshock ;p)
  • I'm just about to go through Rebirth mountain. The outside looks awesome. Arid landscape with a sandstorm and dead bushes. Looks really cool. Not sure why pokemon like Drifblim and Spoink are around here though, but Skarmory, Skorupi and Numel make sense. :X

TL;DR The game is good.

Huh. Maybe I'll use more than 6 pokemon after all. I was worried it wouldn't work out, but from the sound of it, even 9 pokemon isn't really hard. :D I've got some new planning to do. Thanks Zeb ;)

Didn't do too much in Black 2 between yesterday and today (actually haven't played it at all today) so this will be a pretty short update.

~ I managed to defeat Drayden using Azumarill and Ice Punch. She's now at LV51 while everyone else lags at around 46-48.
~ Loved the Plasma ship cut scene!
~ My new favourite place is the Marine Tube - I love places like that in sea-life centres in real life so this was just perfect for me!!!
~ I want to live in Marlon's city (Segaihai?) it reminds me so much of Pacifidlog Town.

Am thinking of not bothering with raising a Druddigon considering how late I'd be getting one. So far I have Emboar, Azumarill, Magnezone, Swoobat and Drapion. I need a number six but I can't think of what... am thinking either a Grass type or Ground type (possibly Sunflora or Golurk or something).

Gonna try and catch-up with some Black 2 tomorrow if I have the time.

Didn't do too much in Black 2 between yesterday and today (actually haven't played it at all today) so this will be a pretty short update.

~ I managed to defeat Drayden using Azumarill and Ice Punch. She's now at LV51 while everyone else lags at around 46-48.
~ Loved the Plasma ship cut scene!
~ My new favourite place is the Marine Tube - I love places like that in sea-life centres in real life so this was just perfect for me!!!
~ I want to live in Marlon's city (Segaihai?) it reminds me so much of Pacifidlog Town.

Am thinking of not bothering with raising a Druddigon considering how late I'd be getting one. So far I have Emboar, Azumarill, Magnezone, Swoobat and Drapion. I need a number six but I can't think of what... am thinking either a Grass type or Ground type (possibly Sunflora or Golurk or something).

Gonna try and catch-up with some Black 2 tomorrow if I have the time.

I'd be glad to make a suggestion. Tangrowth seems to me like a good option for your team. I used a team builder, which shows all of the weaknesses and advantages of your team. The only two weakness issues you have are Electric and Ground. Tangrowth is a pretty strong grass type, and it just happens to also be able to learn Earthquake. Not only would Earthquake on Tangrowth assist your team, but it also covers 3 of its own weaknesses.

Pokemon.Marriland.com - Black / White Team Builder
Serebii.net Pok

It's lunchtime now and I still haven't had breakfast, so I thought I would do this to pass the time. My boyfriend is already doing it, his posts are sooooo long.

Anyway I'm a little through the game. Here's what I've done and probable reasons why, well actual reasons, not probable.
I chose Oshawott as my starter, a cute otter that almost looks like Piplup? Who could resist. I don't really like the barrage or fire/fighting types that they have done for the past 3 Gens of starters. Sorry Tepig.... My Oshawott was named Samu....makes me think of a Sumo wrestler, he he he.
I've caught other things along the way. My first port of call was the farm...I heard you could catch Riolu there...5% chance. What happened on my first patch of grass? RIOLU! XD So I caught him and gave him the name Rye. I don't like the naming process...5 characters? I like ice names, sometimes longer than usual you horrible game you!

Anyway I leveled them both up equally until I caught my Growlithe. I've tried to raise one before but always fell short, can't really remember why. But this time I thought, give it another bash! And so I did, bash a Pokéball off of the poor little mutt's head and he was caught. Nicknamed him Wynd.
I had some difficulty again that Roxie/Homika woman...so on my third try she was flatlined, it was that Koffing. I worked out a way to defeat her from trial and error the first twice. Oh ad Cheren was easy enough.

I like the new towns, Pokéwood is a mess XD That means I don't like it and probably like most of you, because I don't understand it. Castelia was my next goal and I did the usual go and fight the people in the buildings have an explore, compare it to White then go down the sewers.
My team now consists after defeating Burgh of :

Growlithe(m) lv.24 (when will I ever find a Fire Stone XD)
Item: Charcoal
Ability: Imtimidate
Nature: Naive
Moves: Flame Wheel, Ember, Reversal, Dig

Skitty(f) lv.21 (who's getting dumped for a Trapinch because she's useless)
Item: Amulet Coin
Ability: Normalize
Nature: Bashful
Moves: Copycat, Sing, Attract, Doubleslap

Dewott(m) lv24 (Can't wait for Samurott ^^)
Item: Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Serious
Moves: Tackle, Razor Shell, Water Gun, Water Sport

Lucario(m) lv.25
Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Strength, Return, Copycat, Force Palm

Sigilyph(m) lv.25
Item: Twisted Spoon
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Lax
Moves: Fly, Tailwind, Air Cutter, Psybeam

Leavanny(f) lv.25
Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Protect, Cut, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf

Took a while for both Riolu and Swadle to evolve but they both did just after Level 20 or so. Skitty I'm replacing with Trapinch because except for Growlithe's Dig there's no other ground moves and I'll need a Dragon Type for Drayden. Was going to go with an Ice Type like Vanillite but no idea where to catch one.
I'm on Route 16 just between Nimbasa and the Marvelous Bridge just now leveling up my team all to 25 in the grasses there. Looking forward to raising a Trapinch, only done it once before.
Will update with something happens...

New- Just walked into Lostlorn Forrest and it changed to Autumn when i got in, love all the colours. Autumn is my favourite time of year for that reason, oh and Spring due to lambs etc, ^^So I was fighting a couple of trainers and went to a new Hidden Hollow for me then I see a Camper and he gives me Snarl and walks away then he transforms back into Zoroark...I crapped myself at that! On my way through the forest. then to catch a Trapinch then to Elesa ^^

New - Finally caught a Trapinch and everything, after finishing my late lunch, is up at about level 26 except Dewott. Trapinch was using Bulldoze on me and it was kiling me...perhaps it's a move to keep. Decided to call him Tochi. Seems a powerful wee bugger.
Here's his stats:

Trapinch(m) lv.21
Item: Soft Sand
Ability: Hyper Cutter (oh hell yeah XD)
Nature: Mild
Moves: Sand Tomb, Mud Slap, Bide Bulldoze

The other thing about this crazy wee guy is that his attack stat is up at 51 and the rest are all at 20 something.
I love my Tochi!

New- I forgot to say what I names who person-wise. I names my female player character Kate and my rival is called Bob, because Bob is evil! lol. I'm thinking everything is up at level 26 apart from Trapinch at level 21 but because he's already quite strong and I need to level up my Growlithe to level 28 for Flame Burst before I use my Fire Stone, that I should just go kick Elesa's electrified butt. Growlithe knows Dig anyway and I'd rather evolve it soon and give the rest of the trainers to Trapinch to get it uo as far as the others. So I'm in the little cart place before the Gym like last time and a trained popped out of one of them...at the rate this game keeps surprising me expect me to take a heart attack soon.

Elesa's Gym is fab! Well so far. Got Growlithe up to lv.28, Dig was working it's advantage over all that electric. Then I used my Fire Stone. Growlithe now has Flame Burst instead of Ember. Trapinch was able to take down a lv.27 Flaffy on its own when it was lv.21, took down a Blitzle too. Dunno how many modely women there will be until I get to Elesa. Having fun at least ^^

Trapinch wasn't doing too well against Emolga and neither was Arcanine so I substituted for Lucario and then tried to revive both the fainted ones I wanted to use. Arcaine as great as a buffer and Trapinch just kept levelling up, he's now lv.26 from just pumelling things! After he learned Rock Slide, I didn't have to resort to Bide and Emolga using Quick Attack which was actually doing a fair bit of damage. It couldn't use any Electric attacks and I couldn't use any Ground. Rock Slide provided a magic finish to the battle with Elesa, after Arcanine and Lucario went down I revived Trapinch and it took down Zebstrika, then Flaffy and finished off Emolga.
Way to go...got the badge onto somewhere else now ^^
Trapinch is now lv.27 as of some training in the Nimbasa sport domes. I thought the little beast would level up slowly but he's almost lv.28 now too. Have to get the rest of my team up to lv.28 and then lv.30, after that my Dewott should evolve and Trapinch should too. Sigilyph is doing fine too ^^

New - Going along the "Charizard Bridge" to dar Driftviel after beating old Charlie boy in a triple battle. Lucario is also now lv.28. Going to work on getting Trapinch to 28 and Dewott the same.

New - Morning now and I'm in Driftviel and OMG it's changed! Going to try to level up somewhere if I can and check out this place that seemingly is now and has a lift so I'm going 23 then 25....let's see what it has in store.
I wen wandering in many of those building with a few or a couple of floors, found the guy that sells the Incenses and then went to see the Gym. There was a guy out front, so couldn't go in. So I came down off the higher ground and went to the right and there was another member of Team Plasma one of the white ones and he took me to a Sage, one in brown and we fought and I won...true story!

New - On Route six and got a Stable Mulch in the Hidden Hollow there. Defeating Shelmet's, Deerlings and one Emolga. Only Leavanny and Sigilyph to go to lv.28 now then start working up to lv.30 then see what's going on with the Gym nearby...someone is a blockin in!

New- Liking the route with the Foongus there popping up and own before attacking, Sigilyph is ow lv.29. Going slowly but surely. Went into another new Hidden Hollow and got a Stable Mulch...whatever that's gonna be for. Gonna get Sigilyph to Lv.30 then work on someone else. Dinner is also calling from the kitchen, where I'm cooking it!, ha ha ha.

Last edited:
In two days, I've now progressed to Opelucid City from Mistralton City. Skyla's gym was a breeze; Archen and Magnezone sweeped pretty much the whole team with little damage. I liked the new puzzle which involved large wind turbines :p After that it was time to take a plane to Yamaji Town and go through Rebirth Mountain to Undella Town. Youhei (or Hugh, if you may) challenged me there with his puny team of Unfezant, Serperior and Simisear, and then I continued my way north until I got to Village Bridge, where I caught the last team member of mine, the elusive Lapras. (This is probably the first playthrough in which I dump my starter from the team completely :p)

And then I took that Lapras to the Opelucid Gym, where he pwned with Ice Beam and two-hit-KOed many Fraxure up to 10 levels higher than him. Drayden himself posed a slightly better challenge than Skyla, as Flygon successfully killed Lapras with a Rock Slide. Archeops came and saved the day with its terrific Acrobatics, though :p After beating the gym, Plasma peeps came and shot ice all over the place for no apparent reason. Beat up some of their troops, and there we are. Probably should be going back to Undella Town now.

[div="background-color: #081629; width: 60%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: center;"]

[div="border: 4px solid white; border-radius: 7px; background-color: #2B58D6; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; text-align: left; padding: 4px;"][span="float: right; border-radius: 4px; background-color: #1C49C6; border-bottom: 4px solid #0731A6; border-top: 4px solid #0731A6;"]
Spr_B2W2_Mei.png
[/span]
TRAINER'S CARD
[div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]ことみ Kotomi[/span]なまえ Name[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; text-align: right; margin: 1px 2px;"]パラソルおねえさん Parasol Lady[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; margin: 1px 2px;"][span="float: right;"]ひかえめ Modest[/span]せいかく Nature[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]180ひき[/span]ずかん Pokédex[/div][div="clear: both; margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]188162円[/span]おこずかい Money[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]10976[/span]IDNo.[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]48:34[/span]プレイじかん Play Time[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; margin: 1px 2px;"]おかあさん だいすき! おとうさん も すき!
Ani131MS.png

Lv.42[/span] ラプラス
Water Absorb
Held_icon_IV.png
Mystic Water
Ice BeamSurf
Body SlamPerish Song
[/div][/div]
Ani462MS.png

Lv.42[/span] ジバコイル
Sturdy
Held_icon_IV.png
Magnet
Magnet BombSupersonic
SparkElectro Ball
[/div][/div]
Ani542MS.png

Lv.42[/span] ハハコモリ
Chlorophyll
Held_icon_IV.png
Miracle Seed
X-ScissorLeaf Blade
SlashCut
[/div][/div]
Ani608MS.png

Lv.43[/span] ランプラー
Flash Fire
Held_icon_IV.png
Charcoal
Flame BurstNight Shade
Will-o-WispHex
[/div][/div]
Ani448MS.png

Lv.44[/span] ルカリオ
Steadfast
Held_icon_IV.png
Quick Claw
Force PalmQuick Attack
Bone RushCounter
[/div][/div]
Ani567MS.png

Lv.45[/span] アーケオス OT/민타카
Defeatist
Held_icon_IV.png

AcrobaticsRock Slide
U-turnCrunch
[/div][/div]
[/div]

Btw, Lapras is a beast. Really. :p

Just played Black Skycrapper for the first time, and I thought it was really awesome! It adds so much more to Black City than just buying pretty crappy items. I loved the fact it gave EXP, for some reason I thought it would be one of those battle tower situations where it automatically takes you down to level 50 and doesn't give you EXP. I played up to level 4 and really enjoyed it, can't wait to play some more of it.

Also, in the World Tournament I've defeated the Unova, Kanto and Johto leaders. The Johto leaders were quite hard for me, it took me a while but I finally won it. Now I'm going to try and defeat the Hoenn one. I'm really excited to play against the Hoenn leaders again!

I finally got my game today. The UPS guy actually bought change this time, so was disappointed to see that I had exact change.

Anyway, I named my rival @Zeb; keeping with the tradition of naming them after someone I know who got the game around the same time as me. I did some soft resetting to get a good nature Tepig - I ended up getting an Adamant female (what are the odds?) so I called her Azusa - as in K-ON!! she wore a pig costume while trying to recruit members.

I went to the Sangi Ranch; caught everything, then went back to Aspertia City and battled Cheren with just Tepig. I lost the first time, but I beat him the second time. Basic Badge GET! (Also, C-Gear get! =3).

I just reached Virbank City; on my way, as well as catching everything I can, I caught a Venipede for my name. I named him Richy. I've got Pignite to level 20, but levelling up Venipede sure is a pain.

Current team:
Azusa the Pignite (lv.20/F)
Richy the Venipede (lv.11/M)

EDIT:
Got bored - traded Venipede over to White and trained it there. Then traded it back, beat Homika and BAM Venipede evolved!
Current team:

Azusa the Pignite (lv.20/F)
Richy the Whirlipede (lv.22)M)

EDIT:
Got to Castelia City and beat Burgh. Then I went to catch the Braviary before doing more training. While I was there, I also caught a Trapinch for my team. I also connected to the Global Link, got a female Alomomola and the Keldeo C-Gear skin.

Current team:
Azusa the Pignite (lv.28/F)
Richy the Whirlipede (lv.27/M)
Dave the Braviary (lv.25/M)
Kelly the Trapinch (lv.21/F)

Last edited:
Anyway, I named my rival @Zeb; keeping with the tradition of naming them after someone I know who got the game around the same time as me.

:3

I did some soft resetting to get a good nature Tepig - I ended up getting an Adamant female (what are the odds?) so I called her Azusa - as in K-ON!! she wore a pig costume while trying to recruit members.

I got an Adamant female Snivy on my game :p

Another day, more game!

So obviously before going for Chuck you have to do something in Chargestone cave I think. Loving getting attacked by Joltik. They are the cutest!
Seems though that even they are killing off my Trapinch. How you ask? That's' a very good question and I'd love to answer if only I knew how, lol.
Walking around trying to explore the cave just now, same as before mainly and just trying to get my team up and up and up.

Ps. If anyone can think of any good way to make my team better then by all means let me know :)

New - Realised what I had forgotten...someone had to give me something. In Clay's Gym now, the lights are freaking me out. Cue heart attack or something, ha ha ha. So in the Gym just now, will update team accordingly.
Just defeated Clay, he took out all my team except, Sigilyph and Arcanine. Might have to train for a good while after this.

New - Levelling up before going to my next point that I'm told is the World Tournament. Want all to hit at least lv.30 perhaps more.
Just stepped outside the Pokémon centre in Driftviel and it's raining, ha ha ha!
Fought the breeder in Route 6 again and that's Samu at lv.29, not too long until he evolves now. Heading back to Nimbasa to the Pokémon Centre. Then heading to the sport domes for some levelling and then to my hidden hollows nearby and then to the World Tournament.
As for medals I have numbers 1,5,8,20,21,22,24,25,27,28,31,39,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61 and 62.
I am running my game through a translated patch so I know what they all mean. Quite exciting :)

Found a couple of Audino the right of Nimbasa that let my Dewott get up to lv.30,only Arcanine to go now and those hidden hollows!
Arcanine is now lv.30 after fighting the breeder in the Lostlorn Forest and a wild Pokémon. Received a Stable Mulch in my hollow. Heading to World Tournament now.

World Tournament against my rival, Bob! Mine are all lv.30 and his Servine is lv.25...fluke? Ha ha. Love the music, going a battalin!

New - World Tournament is freaking crazy awesome! Fought with Bob, won. fought with Cheren an the battle intro changed to a cage thing it was tres cool. Now waiting for the wee Tournament board again to see who I'm up against next. Loving the music and the screen where the characters come up!
Acroma now and the lights when you walk out for 3rd round and the cheering...awesome sauce!!!
Not awesome anymore, I got beat XD Sucks but I can only try again yeah? Stupid Magneton!

Going in again...wish me luck XD

New - Arcanine (Wynd) helped me win, just Flame Wheel and Flame Burst helped me win, woo hoo!
Yay, can't go back in, more story progression. Team Plasma grunts on a boat of some sort...oooooo, scary biscuits! They'll be wel easy though, no worries, see you on the other side!
Two double and singles battles later and the "Shadow Triad" show up and vanish me off the boat! I'm like wft! XD

Just went through cave south of Driftviel fought trainers and pushed blocks, Managed to get 2 member of my team both up to lv.33 while the others are still at lv.30, will work on them now. So Relic Castle now....will have fun! Got rid of Tailwind in Sigilyph for Synchronise.

New - Managed to secure Surf on the way up to Chargestone, who knew that Cheren was so thoughtful...just what I needed, ha ha ha. Used the HM on Dewott obviously and got rid of Water Gun for it. Got a few things up some more. Really not long now til Trapinch and Dewott evolve, then lv.45 for Vibrava and I have my full team. Hopefully I'll be able to take on the league with them.

AAAAARRRGGHHH! Just got scared out my complete wits again! Cobalion jumped up right infront of me and nearly knocked me down! Those things should have a licence! XD

New - In Chargestone cave...fought alot of trainers, trying to get round and back out of this place. Taught Flash to Leavanny before I entered the Mistralton cave. Everything up at lv.33 apart from Arcanine and Leavanny, not be long til they will be there too.

Trapinch(M): Tochi lv.33
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Mild
Item: Soft Sand
Moves: Rock Slide, Dig, Bide, Bulldoze

Sigilyph(M): Glyph lv.33
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Lax
Item: TwisteSpoon
Moves: Fly, Synchronise, Air Cutter, Psybeam

Lucario(M): Rye lv.33
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Naughty
Item: Quick Claw
Moves: Strength, Return, Copycat, Force Palm

Leavanny(F): Haha lv.31
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Hasty
Item: Miracle Seed
Moves: Flash, Cut, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf

Dewott(M): Samu lv.33
Ability: Torrent
Nature Serious
Item: Mystic Water
Moves: Revenge, Razor Shell, Surf, Water Pulse

Arcanine(M): Wynd lv.31
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
Item: Charcoal
Moves: Flame Wheel, Flame Burst, Reversal, Dig

Last edited:
*cleans tumbleweed from this thread*

Yeah... It's been quite a while since my last update. After dealing with Plasma, I left to Undella and got to Seigaiha via Marine Tube rather quickly. Marlon didn't offer much of a challenge, can't remember how the battle went but can't remember having any trouble there. And then came the part where I was stuck for almost two weeks; I didn't understand I needed to go near that Terrakion on Route 22 to obtain the damn key item to progress! Well, got the device and caught a Crustle destined to rot in the box, and then did this and that at the Plasma Frigate. I think Colress was actually harder than Ghetsis, for some reason.

Proceeded to Giant Chasm and bugged Plasma a bit more; also tried to catch White Kyurem without realising its parts still belonged to Ghetsis and N >_> After that was done, headed towards Route 23. Found a random hidden Dusk Stone in a rock by accident, which saved me from the trip back to Stranger House. Right after Lampent learned Shadow Ball, it was time to evolve it into Chandelure. Spent a few hours navigating the huge Victory Road, and then arrived at the League. Finally, it was time to forget the excess HMs from the team members. Spammed TMs to the Pokémon and took the challenge, only to realise I forgot to exchange the Lv24 Tranquill with Fly back to Archeops, and lost to Shauntal because hadn't saved before all the TM stuff. When the little mishap was fixed, started all over again and won rather easily.

Shauntal
Started with Cofagrigus vs. Leavanny, defeated Cofagrigus with a few Shadow Claws. She brings out Chandelure, which I OHKO with Archeops' Rock Slide. She retaliates with Drifblim only to be countered with Magnezone's Thunderbolt. Finally, it's Golurk vs. Lapras; Lapras Surfs Golurk to red zone, Shauntal wastes a Full Restore as a second Surf negates its effect, and the third one downs the golem once for all.

Grimsley
He starts with Liepard, I start with Lucario. Liepard uses Fake Out and boosts Lucario's Speed via Steadfast, and a single Aura Sphere downs the cat. Not much use for that boost, though, as he brings out Krookodile. I switch to Leavanny and bring it down with a few Leaf Blades. Out comes Scrafty, which is quickly defeated by Archeops's Acrobatics. It would be time for Bisharp to shine, though Chandelure OHKOs it with a well placed Flamethrower. Another easy victory.

Marshal
The battle starts with Throh versus Archeops, and Throh is defeated by a single Acrobatics. He replaces it with Conkeldurr, which endures an Acrobatics and proceeds to defeat Archeops with a Stone Edge. A single Psychic by Lapras finishes it, though. Next up is Mienshao, which I face with my Chandelure. His Mienfoo is faster and deals the first damage with a Bounce, though it's hardly effective and a single Psychic brings Mienshao down. His trump card is Sawk, who endures a Psychic from Chandelure and defeats it with a Rock Slide, but Lapras arrives again to save the day with a Psychic. During the battle, Archeops learned Dragon Claw and forgot U-turn; I didn't hesitate at all since I had been spoilered that Iris is a Dragon-type Champion :p

Caitlin
I decide to take on her Musharna with my Chandelure. The first Shadow Ball brings it to yellow zone, and it uses Yawn. A second one defeats Musharna once for all, though Chandelure falls asleep. Her next choice is Sigilyph, thus I bring out Magnezone. A single Thunderbolt is enough to bring the oddity down. Next up is Reuniclus, which I face with Leavanny; its Shadow Claw isn't quite enough to defeat Reuniclus, though, leaving it in the red as it's defeated. Knowing the quirks of the AI, I bring out Chandelure again and use her inevitable Full Restore turn to use a Full Heal to get rid of the sleep status. Two Shadow Balls defeat Reuniclus, leaving Chandelure in the yellow, but just one more Shadow Ball sweeps her Gothitelle out of the way.

Iris
The little miss doesn't hold back, starting with Hydreigon off the bat. I bring out Lapras, and after exchanging two Dragon Pulses and Ice Beams, Hydreigon is gone and Lapras is in the yellow. Next comes out Druddigon, who outspeeds Lapras and defeats it. I send in Archeops, who deals quite a bit of damage with Dragon Claw but is defeated as well. I switch to Magnezone and play a little time by using Max Revives to both Lapras and Archeops, which I know to be useful later on, and after the two hits it took to defeat Magnezone, I bring back Archeops and finish it off with one more Dragon Claw.

Her next Pokémon is Lapras, which I face with Lucario. Two Aura Spheres and one Surf later, the sea monster has been defeated. She continues with Aggron, but it falls with a single Aura Sphere. I could've been in trouble if it had had Sturdy as its ability :p Then, it's time to deal with Haxorus. It isn't a huge obstacle to Lapras, though, who shows it who's the boss here with two solid Ice Beams. At last, it's time for the final Pokémon! She sends out Archeops, I switch my own Archeops in the play for the maximum epicness. Luckily, mine outspeeds hers and brings it down with a single Rock Slide, and thus a new Champion is born.

*) These descriptions are at least 95% accurate; can't be 100% sure of everything since I didn't write stuff down until after beating the game :p

[div="border: 4px solid white; border-radius: 7px; background-color: #29A055; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #888; text-align: left; padding: 4px;"][span="float: right; border-radius: 4px; background-color: #248A49; border-bottom: 4px solid #196134; border-top: 4px solid #196134;"]
Spr_B2W2_Mei.png
[/span]
TRAINER'S CARD
[div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]ことみ Kotomi[/span]なまえ Name[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; text-align: right; margin: 1px 2px;"]パラソルおねえさん Parasol Lady[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; margin: 1px 2px;"][span="float: right;"]ひかえめ Modest[/span]せいかく Nature[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]240ひき[/span]ずかん Pokédex[/div][div="clear: both; margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]354418円[/span]おこずかい Money[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]10976[/span]IDNo.[/div][div="margin: 1px 2px 1px 5px;"][span="float: right;"]63:51[/span]プレイじかん Play Time[/div][div="background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-left: 3px solid #F7DF89; margin: 1px 2px;"]おかあさん だいすき! おとうさん も すき!
Ani131MS.png

Lv.56[/span] ラプラス
Water Absorb
Held_icon_IV.png
Mystic Water
Ice BeamSurf
Body SlamPsychic
[/div][/div]
Ani462MS.png

Lv.56[/span] ジバコイル
Sturdy
Held_icon_IV.png
Magnet
Flash CannonSupersonic
Signal BeamThunderbolt
[/div][/div]
Ani542MS.png

Lv.54[/span] ハハコモリ
Chlorophyll
Held_icon_IV.png
Miracle Seed
X-ScissorLeaf Blade
SlashShadow Claw
[/div][/div]
Ani609MS.png

Lv.57[/span] チャンデラ
Flash Fire
Held_icon_IV.png
Charcoal
FlamethrowerPsychic
Will-o-WispShadow Ball
[/div][/div]
Ani448MS.png

Lv.55[/span] ルカリオ
Steadfast
Held_icon_IV.png
Quick Claw
Aura SphereShadow Claw
Bone RushPsychic
[/div][/div]
Ani567MS.png

Lv.58[/span] アーケオス OT/민타카
Defeatist
Held_icon_IV.png

AcrobaticsRock Slide
Dragon ClawCrunch
[/div][/div]
[/div]

Off to post-E4 game I go!~

Well, I beat the game just a few days ago using a Rotation team of Serperior, Lucario, Magnezone, Arcanine, Sandslash, Vaporeon, Sigilyph, and Braviary. Using more than 6 team members was surprisingly fun and easy given how high-leveled everything is, but it was a bit difficult trimming the team down to 6 to beat the Elite Four with. I've already headed to White Forest and Iccirus to round everything up in central Unova, and I'll probably head to Southeastern Unova after catching some of the Legendaries.

I was pleasantly surprised with how useful Sigilyph, Magnezone and Sandslash were, but I was actually a little let down by Lucario and Arcanine, who took a while to learn worthwhile attacks. Serperior, as always, was great against Water, Rock and Ground-types and useless against everything else, but it did fulfill its role well enough. Braviary was sadly rather useless since it was just shy of knowing Superpower (it's level 49, learns Superpower at 51 D:) but at least it's going to do great in the post-game. Still upset about the lack of a new region or places to explore, but at least WT and White Tree Hollow will hold me over for a while once I get settled on a really good team.

~5 hours in, about to challenge Roxie. Current team: Magby lv 17, Tepig lv 17, Psyduck lv 13. Right now I'm just looking to get through normal mode quickly so I can move on to Challenge mode and actually explore.

10 Hours, made it to Nimbasa, in the new gym. Golbat lv 24, Tepig lv 20, Magby lv 19, Rattata lv 21, Psyduck lv 20

Last edited:
I played for about 5 hours. I started the game with Oshawott, battled the Rival and got the Pokedex, I caught a bunch of Pokemon including a Riolu and Pidove I'm now using on my team along with Oshawott. I leveled up and battled Cheren, I lost to him once because I wasnt leveled up enough but beat him the second time. Then, went past Floccesy town to Virbank and spent some time level grinding, then went and beat Roxie, she wasnt too hard but i had a little trouble. After that, I went to the PokeStar Studios place and made a movie there. It seems kinda cool. Then I encountered Team Plasma and beat them in battle and followed the rival back to Virbank. I stopped playing after that.

I bought Black 2 today! I started playing in the truck cause we were going to be out for awhile. I didn't play much though, because doing stuff like reading or playing a game in a moving vehicle for too long makes me carsick. I saved right after Bianca showed me how to catch a Pokemon. :)

I chose Snivy for my starter, as I had in Black cause it's my favorite of the Unova starters. I did consider picking Oshawott instead though, because Samurott is awesome. But I decided on Snivy instead. Serperior is equally as awesome as Samurott, imo.

EDIT: Holy crap. My Snivy is female. I got a female one in Black too. How about that? lol She's also timid natured. Which is pretty decent for a Snivy. Raises speed and lowers attack. Looks like this girl is going to be a special sweeper.

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot to mention that I lost to Hugh too. But only cause he got lucky and got a critical hit. >_<

Last edited:
I'm about 10 hours in! I chose Tepig as my starter, and I've been having a really hard time deciding what I want on my final team. I had a Riolu that I trained for Cheren's gym, but ended up beating him with just Tepig. First battle as gym leader. Loses. He gave me a bit of a difficult time. I had a REALLY easy time against Roxie (her gym is...creepy after all of the music is gone.) I found an Elekid that I decided to train for my team because I've never used one before, so far he is a little beast and I love him. Got lost in the sewers in Castelia for fucking ever because I didn't realize the Plasma grunts were literally rIGHT THERE and I was running around with my rival for like 20 minutes fighting Ratatta and Zubats all deep in the sewers where I didn't need to be and oh wow blah. Didn't have any trouble with Burgh at all, Pignite handled him just fine :3

Once I got in to the desert, I found a Sandile that I decided I wanted to train for my team, too. At first I had trouble with him (I blame his moveset...I didn't feel like there were enough powerful offensive moves early on to make him of much use) but once I found the Dig TM and taught it to him, he's been leveling up a lot easier and he was great against Elesa.

And oh wow can I just fangirl over Elesa's gym for a second here. WOW. JUST. WOW. By far my favorite gym so far.

I'm in Driftveil now, just got N's Zorou and will probably level up a bit before I challenge Clay. I caught a Ducklette on the bridge that I want to add to my final team and level up a bit. I'm too lazy to go look at their movesets, but my team right now consists of Pignite, Elekid, Krokorok, Ducklette...and temporarily N's Zorou and a random Minccino until I catch something else I want to train.

I've been really trying to pace myself through this game because I want to be able to enjoy it, but at the same time ahhhh I want to train my team and beat the league and all of that XD

Ive played about 8 hours so far. I got to Castelia city and explored around and battled at the Battle Company, then went to the gym and Iris took me to the Sewer to find Team Plasma, where I teamed up with the rival and had a double battle with me and the rival vs Team Plasma. Then I spend a long time in Castelia Sewer, and my DS turned off and I'd forgot to save so I had to do it all again >_<. I went up to the park area and spent like an hour looking for an Eevee for my team, I finally found one, then I went to the gym beat the trainers and Burgh.

Team:
Dewott L 23
Tranquil Lv 22
Lucario Lv 22
Eevee Lv 18

I am liking White 2 so far! Maybe because the places I have been to are all new, but nonetheless they did a great job thus far. Sorry if I make typos.. this was from last night and my DS is not on.

-Picked Oshawott as my starter
-Did the essentials in the Flocessary Ranch
-Caught a Riolu
-Went to the first gym
-Lost to Cheren
-Level grinded 9which took forever) so both were level 14
-Rebattled Cheren, won easily
-Just got to the 3rd city, walked around & saved my game

Back
Top Bottom