• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

So far I've beaten Cheren (just) and have made it to Virbank. My team consists of Psyduck lv. 16 and Tepig lv. 16. I'm thinking of maybe adding an Elekid or a Magnemite to my team, but I might just wait and have a Galvantula.

I beat Homika after catching everything at Virbank complex, and getting Rock Smash. Homika was much easier than Cheren, in my opinion. I may have over trained at the Complex though. I made my way to Castelia after taking part in a few Pokéstar movies, and explored the city before making my way to the sewers. I decided against an Elekid and decided to wait and have a Galvantula instead. Now I'm at the inner park thing, where Eevee can be found, and I'm currently looking for one with a + SpAtk nature.

Team
Pignite lv. 23
Psyduck lv. 22

Badges:2
Found a modest Eevee with a + SpAtk characteristic! Perfect. I spent the rest of last night training some Pokémon for the Dex (Lillipup-Herdier, Zubat-Golbat, Sewaddle-Swaddloon). Today I took part in a few PokéStar movies and challenged Burgh (and won!). My Eevee evolved into an Espeon at level 20, just in time for Psybeam. I decided to raise Espeon up a little, so I made my way back to the Castelia Park. I finally found a wild Lilligant too!

Team

Pignite lv: 29
Psyduck lv:27
Espeon lv: 20

Badges

PokéDex

Seen: 57
Obtained: 43

Okay, so right now, I'm in the Giant Chasm. Earlier, I caught Terrakion (then made sure it was Jolly), SR's a few times, changed the time, deposited Volcarona (it was Jolly), and now I'm trying to find Metagross.

Team:
Terrakion Lv. 51
Vaporeon Lv. 54
Lilligant Lv. 56
Lucario Lv. 55
Flygon Lv. 55

I've accomplished the following things since my last post:

• Beat Cheren in an extremely close (as in, my last pokémon had 1 hp left) battle.
  • Traded the aforementioned eggs.
  • Caught a Riolu as my temporary fighting type.
  • Arrived in Virbank and did the whole complex thing, catching a Magnemite in the process.
  • Did some level grinding for an hour.
  • Defeated Roxie and went to PokéStar Studios (which is certainly more entertaining than the Musical).
  • Arrived at Castelia and did pretty much the same things I did back in White.
  • Explored the Castelia's sewer system and wandered into Relic Passage.
  • Beat Burgh.
  • Did some level grinding in Desert Resort and Route 4, catching my sixth member in the process.

Current Status
Just arrived in Nimbasa.

Team
Dewott "Takeru" lv.24
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.24
Gastly "Ophelia" lv.23
Houndour "Midnight" lv.22
Magnemite "Gamma" lv.22
Trapinch "Horizon" lv.22

• Started the sidequest with the lost Xtransceiver
  • Activated one of the Memory Link events
  • Ghastly, Houndour and Magnemite evolved
  • Did some level grinding
  • Arrived in Driftveil
  • Obtained N's Zorua, whom I then trained up into Zoroark (felt like Zoroark could make a nice "unofficial" member of my team alongside Lucario)

Current Status
Just beat Clay using Dewott and Monferno, currently on my way to the PWT.

Team
Dewott "Takeru" lv.33
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.32
Haunter "Ophelia" lv.31
Houndour "Midnight" lv.30
Magneton "Gamma" lv.30
Trapinch "Horizon" lv.30

Last edited:
Kyohei's log, day four
Having beaten the Elite 4 and acquired Zekrom and Kyurem, I have taken it upon myself to Masuda for a shiny Riolu. Currently, my progress is minimal. However, I felt like wallpapering all my boxes with the plasma logo for some reason. On another note, my Join Avenue needs some work. I decided I wanted to be called 'Mr. Verich', as an old friend from Hoenn once mentioned to me something about a nice rich man called Verich. As sacrifice to the GTS for Join Avenue, I have unfortunately split up my five Eeveelutions that helped me best the league, with Joltt having been traded for an Axew. However, my Glaceon, Espeon, Flareon and Vaporeon all seem happy anyway.
Now then, time to find a way of getting rid of these Riolu...

I started my game today (LP'ing on youtube, here: RCFloris27 - YouTube), picked oshawott, smashed through route 19, met up with alder, beat my rival the second time and saved for the next episode!

Current team: Maxwell (Oshawott) Lvl. 10

Teddi joins the Travelog fun as well!

Okay, I've got my White 2 since Thursday but due to me being busy I only have 4 badges so far, I guess you can say I take my time while traveling through Unova a second time. Here's a short recap of my recent adventure:

DAY 1:
- I started with Oshawott since it was the only starter I didn't chose until now ( Pokabu in White and Tsutarja in Japanese Black). Named my trainer Bunny which is the German name for Usago from Sailor Moon. Reaaaaally creative, I know...^^; The rival's name is Mamoru *cough*

- Nothing pre-gym 1 was even midly interesting to me so I just used my Mijumaru ( Shelldon ) in order to defeat Cheren. I barely beat him with only 1 HP remaining. Pretty fun battle because of that.

-Truth to be told, as much as I loved BW1 I was disappointed by the small teams of the gymleaders and this time I try to raise the difficulty by only using the same amount of Pokémon as the gym leader does. Not revives either.

- Got a Stunfisk from the Dream World and named it "Fußmatte", which is German for doormat.

DAY 2:
- Tried looking for a Sandile ( or any post gym 2 Unova Pokémon for that matter), but nobody got what I wanted. People showed me a lot of hacked, shiny event legendaries,
Eevees or endgame Übers...-.-

- Eventually someone gave me a Sandile ^_^ I used it to trade with myself via Wifi ( searching for myself is pretty easy) and got me a level 1 Sandile with Fire
Fang, named it Kremspecs

- Challenged Homika with only Sandile and Stunfisk. Stunfisk's Yawn saved the day

- Explored Pokéwood and made Sandile and Stunfisk into stars by accident ^^;

- Traded eggs with Grave-E! Thanks to him I finally got a Golett and a mystery egg containing Joltik! Nobody can stop me now! He even was so kind to teach
Stunfisk Surf! Who wants those overraded dog and cat-like Pokémon anyway? :p

- Caught a Frilish in Virbank City thanks to Stunfisk's Surf ^^

- Got a Timburr in the Caves within the Sewers, named it "Handwerker", German for "craftsman"

DAY3:
- Got a Darumaka in the desert and a Zorua which I traded with myself...8 Pokémon are too much so the fight for spot number 6 starts...

- Defeated Arti with Sandile, Stunfisk and Joltik. I was underleveled and the restrictions I made fpr myself really help making the gym battles more fun to me.

- Had a lot of fun with festival missions and the join avenue. Great additions to the game! ^^

- Kamilla's gym was pretty cool and even though I challenged her with an all ground type team ( Stunfisk,Golett and Sandile) but she wasn't that easy due to my team being underleveled.

My team right now:

Golett (ClayFranky), level 29
Joltik (Thekla), level 29 ( named after that evil spider from Maya the Bee. that show is a great source for bug type nicknames :p )
Stunfisk (Fußmatte), level 28
Gurdurr (Handwerker), level 27
Krokorok (Kremspecs), Level 29
Frilish (Wabbel), Level 26

waiting in box: Darumaka (Burnbrows), Level 26

Beat Elesa. Also, got Landorus from Dream Radar...as well as all of the Gen IV mascots.

Current Team:
Servine lv.31
Swablu lv.33
Flareon lv.31
Staryu lv.30

Considering using a lv.27 Joltik as well.

Napo the Serperior Lv 53
Theodore the Braviary Lv 52
Mothra the Volcarona Lv 52
Dogu the Claydol Lv 52
Timmy the Magnezone Lv 51
Pringles the Jellicent Lv 51

Well, Team Plasma is over... Continuing the spirit of N from BW1, Ghetsis took down 4/6 of my team and had me really wishing I'd properly prepared with held items. After 2HKO'ing Kyurem-W with Braviary's Expert Belt Superpower, I thought it would easily take out the Hydreigon and sacrificed Claydol to revive him for that purpose. WRONG. Being outsped and nearly killed by LO Rock Slide made me desperately stall a bit with Hyper Potions before realizing it was a lost cause. In the end all I was left with was Magnezone and Jellicent, and I knew Jellicent would be a goner against STAB LO Crunch. Thankfully Magnezone pulled through and finished it with Flash Cannon. Time to head to the Pokemon League.

Damn this Humilau City music is nice to type to.

With Black2 (Kyohei) now breeding Riolu, I've started my White2.

Sora's log, day two.
I am preapring to take on the Driftveil gym. Although not my 'regular' team, I have started using Dusk Balls to catch pokemon who seem dark or 'evil', and give them appropriate nicknames to form my 'nightmare' team, with Devils Urn (Claydol), Dark Beast (Aggron, a Lairon I got in a trade from Black2), Dark Koff (Wheezing), Evil Bat (Crobat) and Darkrat (Raticate).
Meanwhile, I am still very creeped out over how Mr Medal is following me everywhere.

Well..I've already beaten the game (White 2; got it on the North American release date), but I was originally gonna use a Shiny Dragonite (from the Egg Benga gives out, always contains a Shiny Dratini W2/Shiny Gible B2), but I thought: "Wait, White Kyurem = Second most powerful Pokemon in the game, and I need a Pokemon with Fire type moves, so what the heck, I'll use White Kyurem". I have my Keldeo from the BW Gamestop promo (went to gamestop just to get it). I have gotten to all towns, caught like 79 Pokemon (not as interested in catching them as in Black), have all members of the Kami trio (all from Dream Radar, in Therian forme), have all Legendary musketeers, have Genesect (no, I will not trade it to you, its reserved for a friend who's not getting Black 2 for a few months), I have the Reveal Glass (probably not gonna use it), I have White Kyurem tucked in Dream World (dude I like, miss it SOOOO much and Dream World is under maintenance, and its also my Fly user, so I'm probably gonna have to wait until tomorrow to wake it up), I have more than 250 Pokemon in my Unova Pokedex, and much more I have progressed in White 2.

With Black2 (Kyohei) now breeding Riolu, I've started my White2.

Sora's log, day two.
I am preapring to take on the Driftveil gym. Although not my 'regular' team, I have started using Dusk Balls to catch pokemon who seem dark or 'evil', and give them appropriate nicknames to form my 'nightmare' team, with Devils Urn (Claydol), Dark Beast (Aggron, a Lairon I got in a trade from Black2), Dark Koff (Wheezing), Evil Bat (Crobat) and Darkrat (Raticate).
Meanwhile, I am still very creeped out over how Mr Medal is following me everywhere.

HE APPEARS IN EVERY POKEMON CENTER!!! Its like he's stalking you in a sort of way XD

Dogu the Lv 36 Claydol.
My Golett waves hi and thinks you have great taste in nicknames. :lol:

So I went after N's Pokemon and finally got them all: I put Riser in my party and let him take a few hits while the Desert did its work. It was easier the second time I did it and I caught most everyone else in a single Poke Ball.

Once I was done, I started training for Elesa and when Dogū hit 35, I took her on. She's a bit smarter than the last time I battled her: she used Pursuit at least twice but it didn't help her at all. Dogū took out everyone without breaking a sweat. Oh man, I do love my little Dream Worlder! :crush:

With the help of Rage Boy I took down even more Plasma flunkies and found out why Rage Boy has anger management issues. *sigh* Guess I have to teach Team Plasma yet another lesson. Those dipsticks just don't learn, do they? But after that, I got to the Musical theater and got my old Prop case--someone should have warned me about that flashback. I kinda got a little misty-eyed over it as it felt so...final. ;-;

Once I got the Prop case, I did a Musical and Dogū absolutely killed at Stardom. Little guy was the lead role. Got two fans already so only eight more to go.

As of right now, I'm doing some trading. I want to get as much of the Unova Dex done as early as possible. I just hope it doesn't take forever.

• Started the sidequest with the lost Xtransceiver
  • Activated one of the Memory Link events
  • Ghastly, Houndour and Magnemite evolved
  • Did some level grinding
  • Arrived in Driftveil
  • Obtained N's Zorua, whom I then trained up into Zoroark (felt like Zoroark could make a nice "unofficial" member of my team alongside Lucario)

Current Status
Just beat Clay using Dewott and Monferno, currently on my way to the PWT.

Team
Dewott "Takeru" lv.33
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.32
Haunter "Ophelia" lv.31
Houndour "Midnight" lv.30
Magneton "Gamma" lv.30
Trapinch "Horizon" lv.30

• Won the Driftveil Tournament
  • Encountered Team Plasa
  • Went through Chargestone Cave, Trapinch evolved in the process.
  • Caught a couple of N's Joltik and Ferroseed while looking for a Tynamo.7
  • Arrived in Mistralton

Current Status
On my way to Celestial Tower

Team
Samurott "Takeru" lv.37
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.35
Haunter "Ophelia" lv.36
Houndoom "Midnight" lv.36
Magneton "Gamma" lv.34
Vibrava "Horizon" lv.35

So, I got to Driftveil City, explored a bit and met the old Team Plasma sage, Rood. He gave me N's Zorua, but I don't plan to use it at all until later. I'll evolve it into a Zoroark when I start working on filling up the Pokedex.

I also began preparing for the gym battle with Clay by teaching my Buneary Ice Punch via the move tutor. It should be useful against that Excadrill of his (ground types are weak to ice type moves as well as water and grass, but Excadrill is also part steel type, so yeah). Not to mention I could use it against Skyla's flying types later too, as well as Drayden's dragon types! I just wish it would evolve soon so it would be a little stronger and faster. xP

Still, it has a good moveset so far. I would just like to complete it with Dizzy Punch. Thus, Buneary will know Jump Kick, Dig, Ice Punch, and Dizzy Punch. Four different move types, all working with that higher attack stat!

EDIT: Well hot damn, Buneary just evolved! Woohoo! Just in time for that Driftveil gym battle!

Last edited:
Took these deliverers forever, eh? My package shipped yesterday, and it was within the same country. Hmm...

So! I ran through the package checklist, inserted the game card, and off we go to yet another adventure. It took me forever to reset for a Snivy that I can get behind with, but since this is the beginning and in-game, I'm going to have bigger tolerances. So we have Keiran, a male Snivy, eh? He's quite the one that can take quite a beating and dish it out at the same time.

Hugh indeed got served, several times. The very first routes are a breeze, as well as the beginning Trainer battles. Heck, I even breezed through Cheren's Gym, and the Oran Berries that Alder gave me earlier came in super handy - I didn't have to waste a turn just for a Potion which is just as easily wasted.

Sure enough, Snivy laid waste to Cheren. Everything. I swear, I think I'm on easy mode even though I am not...

Oh, and Pokemon Dream Radar sure came in handy in filling in my party with useful Pokemon. I got a duplicate Drifloon, though, so it got stashed to the PC Boxes. Oh, and a Purrloin I caught in the game, I named it LD (after a certain beloved fuzzy purple cat LugiaDialga in another forum), and, well, kept it in. Time to find some Audino around Virbank to get the rest of my team to around level 17 or so...

Hugh's some guy with personality... and issues, I've noticed.

Well, this is my first travelog post. I'm playing Black 2 ;)

Overall status:

Pokedex completion: Seen 120 Obtained 35

Badges: 5

My current team in rotation:

Osharlock the Dewott Lv. 35
Centurio (AKA Rory) the Lucario Lv. 34
Wind the Growlithe Lv. 34
Psy the Espeon Lv. 35
Terra the Vibrava Lv. 35
Tesla the Galvantula Lv. 36
Fang the Crobat Lv. 34
Chilla the Cinccino Lv. 34

I am currently on Route 7. I've recently tackled Celestial Tower and I am training up my team (I'd like to get them all up to at least Lv. 36 or so) and I'm exploring the area and collecting items and such.

I guess that's about all for now. I will probably update again after I get my 6th badge.

HALL OF FAME:

Mothra the Volcarona, Level 60.
Timmy the Magnezone, Level 60.
Dogu the Claydol, Level 59.
Theodore the Braviary, Level 58.
Pringles the Jellicent, Level 58.
Napo the Serperior, Level 58.

Went to N's Castle and barely defeated his Reshiram. Honestly, the credits should have been saved for that moment. Even though I think N didn't appear enough, that confrontation felt much more emotional, climactic, and difficult than the one with Iris ever will. ...I feel kind of sad knowing Gen 5 and Unova's story is pretty much over now, and hope N's comments about trying to find the BW1 protagonist foreshadow at least a cameo in the next games.

Anywho, now to focus on more post-game content.

Last edited:
So, it took me two tries to beat Clay. I couldn't quite take out his Excadrill the first time around, but I won the second thanks to the confusion from Psyduck's Water Pulse. Also, Psyduck later evolved and Tranquill later evolved as well! Servine is about to evolve. :)

I'm in Mistralton City and almost ready to battle Skyla. I just need to train a little more, and hopefully evolve my new Tynamo. The one I caught is the only Tynamo I've seen so far, but I wouldn't give it up anyway. It has an AWESOME nature that ups its already insane speed and lowers its crappy sp. defense. It's outsped everything it's been put up against so far. This little guy is going to be fast as hell when it's fully evolved.

I have around 21 medals now as well. I also visited route 7 and will visit the Celestial Tower and finish exploring the Relic Passage next. My team's levels:

Servine lv. 35
Lopunny lv. 35
Tynamo lv. 36
Unfezant lv. 34
Golduck lv. 35

My sixth member is going to be a Flareon. I'll go back to Castelia and catch an Eevee after I beat Skyla. I've got a Fire Stone, so I'll be able to evolve it right away. Oh, I also caught a Castform! These guys only appear in shaking bushes, so I was lucky to find one, just like the Panpour from before. :D

Aaaand, that's all for now. :)

That was some toasty Roxie action just now, eh? I've managed to silence the entire band... and boy, Roxie's a funny girl. The Mystery Gift Genesect came in super-handy, and it obliterated Roxie's entire gang for some reason.

...And we're dragged off to PokeStar Studios and had to get involved in some funny filming fantasies. But first, off to watch a... hilariously corny movie. Then I get to... uh... partake in the filming of the same corny movie? Oh my goodness.

Team Plasma is back. Plaaaaaaassssssmaa.... they sure sputtered out fast. Guess when you're disjointed, you're disjointed. No matter where you hide, Twiggy will find you. Always.

I think Nate talks too much already! Off my count, he has already went through over a hundred coherent sentences at this point. So long, silent protagonists.

It's CASTELIA time! Oh? What's that? Harlequin hunt? No matter, but these clowns sure got them going. Didn't take much time to get them, and... oh, and I do get a shiny bicycle to go with, too. It's TOO fast!

The mystery of Mr. Lock: did he leave the building, or did he pass away? Whatever it is, the building's occupied by someone else at this point.

I see that the janitor is now really a janitor in the Battle Company. Why? Retirement, of course! Now we've got an underage school kid instead as the... CEO. That's right :p

Burgh- wait, Iris, what are you doing here? No matter, I hate video game sewers. Plasma is a waste of oxygen.

I see Burgh's Gym got all webbed up and is full of clowns. Again. Also, it's very weird. Swablu and Genesect again took the cake this time, with Keiran in the backseat for the time being.

Then I somehow decided to waste my time filming multiple films... And then Colress would like to challenge me. Challenge accepted! And sure enough, I broke no sweat, though I did had Keiran faint.

...dead battery. Good thing I saved right after the last battle, eh? 8 hours with C-Gear stuff on is quite impressive.

Got Dream World stuff all working at this point, and as expected, the goodies are now on my Game Card.

• Won the Driftveil Tournament
  • Encountered Team Plasa
  • Went through Chargestone Cave, Trapinch evolved in the process.
  • Caught a couple of N's Joltik and Ferroseed while looking for a Tynamo.7
  • Arrived in Mistralton

Current Status
On my way to Celestial Tower

Team
Samurott "Takeru" lv.37
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.35
Haunter "Ophelia" lv.36
Houndoom "Midnight" lv.36
Magneton "Gamma" lv.34
Vibrava "Horizon" lv.35

Did some level grinding in Celestial Tower and route 7.
Beat Skyla
Arrived in Lentimas
Did the Strange House sidequest
Went through Reverse Mountain
Arrived at Lacunosa
Evolved Haunter and Magneton

Current Status
Currently level grinding in Village Bridge. I'm aiming to get them to around lv.46 - lv.47.

Team
Samurott "Takeru" lv.44
Infernape "Sun Wukong" lv.43
Gengar "Ophelia" lv.44
Houndoom "Midnight" lv.43
Magnezone "Gamma" lv.44
Vibrava "Horizon" lv.43

Well, this is my first travelog post. I'm playing Black 2 ;)

Overall status:

Pokedex completion: Seen 120 Obtained 35

Badges: 5

My current team in rotation:

Osharlock the Dewott Lv. 35
Centurio (AKA Rory) the Lucario Lv. 34
Wind the Growlithe Lv. 34
Psy the Espeon Lv. 35
Terra the Vibrava Lv. 35
Tesla the Galvantula Lv. 36
Fang the Crobat Lv. 34
Chilla the Cinccino Lv. 34

I am currently on Route 7. I've recently tackled Celestial Tower and I am training up my team (I'd like to get them all up to at least Lv. 36 or so) and I'm exploring the area and collecting items and such.

I guess that's about all for now. I will probably update again after I get my 6th badge.

I just obtained my 6th badge from Skyla. I only used three pokemon to be fair: Tesla, Terra, and Centurio. I'm now just outside of Lentimas town. My current team is the same as before except they are all up to Lv. 37 and Dewott evolved into Samurott.

Current Pokedex completion: Seen 131 Obtained 41

Back
Top Bottom