• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Ok, i think i just overtrained my team a little 2 much,

I recently reached undella town, so i decided to head up to black city to train there, now after hours of grinding my team is fully built
Dragonite lvl 56
Electivre lvl 50
Infernape lvl 50
Samurott lvl 50
Excadrill lvl 50
Alakazam lvl 50

Remember, i only have 6 gym badges lol..

Boy, I need to get my team's level up and up. The level progression's getting real tight lately. I had to finish off a lot of Audino - sorry guys! Also, gotta love spending some quality time in the stadiums.

Elesa is now super fabulous, complete with light shows. Who doesn't like being on stage, with a lot of people watching? Good thing Genny's not weak to anything in here - and a nicely-timed Signal Beam spoiled Emolga's Volt Switch by knocking out the Zebstrika.

Heartbreaker Charles is best at breaking someone's heart, but not me. Getting schooled in public is an embarrassing thing for him, that's for sure. Also: Triple Battles!

Looks like the Charizard Bridge is still as I remembered.

HUGH PUNCH! That grunt got it coming. Also, free Zorua. Also, too many hotels. Also, Clay's Gym needs more lightning. Can't be the safest place around, eh? This time, Keiran got to shine~ You've got to shiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeee-e-e-ee-e-e-e-eee...

Mmm, PWT, huh? Let's try this- Hey, Genesect can get in! And... what? The opponent's all underlevelled! What gives? Sure enough, I wiped the floor... without even touching Genesect. Seems like Corless gives a good fight in the tournament, though.

That suspicious ship... No, even three of us can't get through the Shadow Triad. Still as mystical as ever... and we're teleported to the pier, with no ship in sight. o_O

Surf HM get! And just caught an Azumarill, too. Hmm... *plops in water*

...and now I'm home with an Axew-ew-ew.

---

(Slow posting day, eh?)

Giant women? Looks like a boyfriend-girlfriend argument gone wrong is in order for today!

Chargestone Cave is, like, totally unchanged, aside from a lack of any Team Plasma presence. Oh, and Mistralton City is still as wet as ever.

Took forever for me to meet Aurea. Now off to that one tower that seems to keep turning and turning around... Oh, rang the bell, too. I wonder why... (Free Lucky Egg!)

Now that's taken care of... oh, time to head for the Gym... OUCH! Whatever it is, it's going to fail OSHA. The winds are so strong, I had trouble keeping my two feet still... Fraxure took short work of everyone in here, too, and the better - and he's gaining experience like mad.

Airplane ride!

...Why are we in desert country now?

The Strange House is creepy in its own way... and also some Trainers just want to battle there for some reason. Also, what's this Lunar Wing for?

Reversal Mountain paints the whole scene a tint of red. Bianca again, and now she's off to do some researching. Just as usual.

To Undella! Wait a second, the Marine Tube is not open yet? Oh well, but-- HUGH'S RAGING TIME!

...not that it matters. Opelucid Gym is epic in every way.

(Late-game spoilers)
Pokemon Centres must be made of Nokiadium. Looks like Opelucid's in bad shape today!

Humilau is a weird resort "city"... and the Gym Leader likes to do his own thing in his own way, yo. Keiran finally could catch up with all the experience to the Haxorus.

Also, Fuzzles time.

This frigate is weird flying stuff.

Last edited:
THE ADVENTURES OF QUARTER DOLLAR: POKEMON WHITE 2, TAKE 2
A Derpy Travelog

Mom came home, finally. It's like 10:30, so she probably got lost on the way home from the 7-11 again, but whatever. She asks me if I want a Pokémans, and I say yes, but I don't want a Dex because the things are impossible to fill. She's all, "WELL TOO BAD :<" and sends me on my way to get a Pokémon.

Gray is outside. He's with his annoying little sister, who stole and then broke my old Wii remote. My new black one looks weird next to my white Wii, so I haven't forgiven her. Gray is all impatient and wants me to get going, but I snoop around inside his house first. His room is cool, I like the carpet. But then his sister starts yelling at me so I have to go :(
I walk up the stairs to the scenic viewpoint. There's a girl with a green hat up there, looking at the stars. She looks like one of CM's friends, so I say hi and she says her name is Bianca, and she's jittering all over the place so I assume she had some caffeine before the left. I really don't want to hang out with one of my cousin's crazy friends, so I just tell her to show me her Pokémans and she obliges.

It's time to pick a starter. My hand instinctively reaches for Tepig's ball, but then the ball to its right suddenly pops open and there's a crazed otter thing gnawing on my leg. I try to pry it off and return it, but Bianca's waaaay to hyped up to use common sense and assumes that the Oshawott is my choice. I try to explain but the shiny black box of confirmation appears: QUARTER CHOSE OSHAWOTT!
Friggin' black boxes. My uncle left my aunt because he couldn't divorce her legally after one of those appeared at their wedding.
Anyways, Gray runs up and he's all "I want a Pokédex!" Bianca gives him a blue one and he doesn't seem too happy. I trade him my pink 'dex for the blue one, and then he challenges me to a battle. He sends out his mentally challenged snake and I send out Oshawott, who I decide to call Jenner. Jenner just beats Snivy's ass in several seconds. There's claws and teeth everywhere and then the thing is unconscious, it's crazy. So I guess Jenner is kinda cool. Gray's sister runs up to me, gives me two maps, kicks me in the shins, and then runs away. Jenner and I swear vengeance.

A little while later I'm the route to Floccesy, and this old guy jumps off of a freaking cliff and starts rambling on about something. He drags me into Floccesy and I follow him with Jenner onto some ranch or whatever. He's all, "Oh, you have two maps, you'd better give one to that fluffy-haired kid", so I go over to the owners of the ranch and they're looking for a Herdier. AND HEY GRAY IS THERE and he challenges me again, and Jenner just crits that Snivy's ass. Then I give Gray his map and he runs off ranting about how Herdier probably got eaten or whatever and I'm just like, "Okay, bro."

Pokéman time! I catch two new friends:
The first Scottie, he's a Lillipup and he's pretty awesome. And then there's Jackal the Riolu, and he started out sucking but he's gotten better. Now I have three mons and it's time to find this stupid dog thing. So i go into the grove and Gray is just losing it, so I just keep going deeper and I find this ginger in a black vest with the Herdier. It's whimpering and cowering and the ginger is all, "OHEY I'M FROM A HUGE CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION, AND I COULD PROBABLY ASSAULT YOU EASY BUT I'LL JUST GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO YOUR BENEFIT AND RUN LOLOL".

After thew whole ordeal, we get the Herdier back to its owners and then it's time to grind up for the first gym back in Aspertia, so I get out Jackal and it's time to murder animals like there's no tomorrow.

Annnnd that's where I stopped playing for now. Blaaaaaah, this log is incredibly derpy and informal xD

let's play mons

so i very recently found my white 2 version after losing (or mom found it, whichever) - i decided to play black 2 anyways but that's because i was farther along in it and also out of habit, i guess - anyways, i did a lot of nice things and i think it'd be best if i just outlined them for you if you're interested

- fought clay and won
- fought skyla and won
- flew on a plane
- caught a drifblim
- battled people in reversal mountain

current team:
- ampharos 39
- arcanine 38
- vibrava 39
- heracross 39
- drifblim 38
- vaporeon 39

edit: lol drifblo,

Last edited:
I should train my team more because I'm always so close to getting my ass handed to me. Almost lost to Skyla who felt more powerful than in BW, and then some Hiker and later a Fisher... Got really bored between Driftveil and Mistralton, but the new town and volcano after the sixth gym were actually pretty interesting. I'm currently on Route 13.

Current team;
Vibrava (Firefly), Lv37, f
Duosion (Elfi), Lv38, f
Emboar (Papu), Lv39, m
Eelektrik (Monni), Lv39, f
Zoroark (Trickster), Lv39, m
Lampent (Lumos), Lv41, m

I bought White 2 on the UK release date, and since then I have been taking my time exploring the new areas and exploring Unova in general. As a result I have only just reached Nimbasa City but have really been enjoying the new additions to these sequels; a personal favourite of mine is the Habitat List feature, and the fact that you receive stamps upon seeing/catching all of the Pokemon that appear in an area.

I am now taking a bit of a break before I see what's new in Nimbasa, but I think that I should note that the almighty Braviary was present on Route 4 when I was trekking from Castelia City. I was surprised at this because, although I was aware that it was catchable at a lower level in this game, I definitely had no idea that it was catchable as early on as this. After doing some research, I found out that it is on Route 4 every Monday with its Defiant ability. This was a nice bonus as I had no doubts about its potential of filling a slot on my team. Having fearlessly confronted it in battle and witnessed it almost sweep my whole team with the Defiant ability and Hone Claws compounded with Aerial Ace, I can safely say that this brute is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Current team:

Dewott - Lv 24
Leavanny - Lv 22
Growlithe - Lv 22
Elekid - Lv 18
Eevee - Lv 18
Braviary - Lv 25

Scored a shiny Trapinch off GTS the other day, all the guy wanted was a Boldore! I realized too late though that the one I traded him was holding an Everstone (wild ones sometimes do), so if he wanted it for the automatic trade evolution he was going to be disappointed. :p After I got it I can kinda see why he got rid of it though: it has a Bold nature. That's ok though, Flygon is a good special attacker. I started EXP Sharing it up just now.

I've accomplished the following things since my last post:

Did some level grinding in Celestial Tower and route 7.
Beat Skyla
Arrived in Lentimas
Did the Strange House sidequest
Went through Reverse Mountain
Arrived at Lacunosa
Evolved Haunter and Magneton

Current Status
Currently level grinding in Village Bridge. I'm aiming to get them to around lv.46 - lv.47.

Team
Samurott "Takeru" lv.44
Infernape "Sun Wukong" lv.43
Gengar "Ophelia" lv.44
Houndoom "Midnight" lv.43
Magnezone "Gamma" lv.44
Vibrava "Horizon" lv.43

Current Status
I'm currently backtracking through the region, mainly to catch pokémon, obtain items and battle trainers I've missed throughout the game.
I've also traded over eggs containing the other 13 starters and made some last-minute changes to my team's movesets.

Team

Samurott "Takeru" lv.57
Infernape "Sun Wukong" lv.57
Gengar "Ophelia" lv.56
Houndoom "Midnight" lv.55
Magnezone "Gamma" lv.56
Flygon "Horizon" lv.57

A terrible tragedy happened to poor Pokemon Trainer Gavin. His world literally tumbled and crashed down around him, landing with a thud at that place known as rock bottom. He had lost everything, and his Pokemon were nowhere to be seen. All he could see was his Pokedex; he frantically checked the screen, but only a feeble message on a blue screen was there. It said "Due to data corruption or error, the save file has been erased." Gavin could only stare in horror before biting back a sob, holding the Pokedex close to him, lamenting the Pokemon he had lost.

...translation: I accidentally dropped by game onto a hard floor, and my save file was erased. ono My beautiful all-prevo team. All that time I spent level-grinding them, moot. All the Pokemon I hoarded in my sister's Black version, spending literally 3 hours trading them into White 2 to get the next Living Pokedex started. All gone. After crying for a good hour or two over my first world problem, I went back to Gavin's world and set the clock back, to restart his life and try to be more careful this time.

Thus begins Gavin's journey from Aspertia City, yet again. Flambe I was a boy, but Flambe V2 is a girl. :| I can't help but wonder if the universe killed off my first file because they wanted me to have a girl starter again? Oh well...it was heartbreaking, but at least I can go through the amazing story again.

I love this game.

I'm currently training up my team to level 32/33 before I take on Burgh in Driftveil.

499.png
545.png
028.png
574.png
580.png

Hiruzen - Koga - Okoi - Foo - Tenzen

I know I'm going to have great difficulty in choosing members of my team in this game. I don't think Gothita is going to be a permanent member and I still need a good Electric Pokemon on my side; I've had Eelektross and Emolga in previous games and I'm not a fan of Magnemite so I'll wait and see if anything else turns up soon.

On the whole, I'm very impressed with the updated gameplay. It does feel rather like a new game as opposed to a carbon-copy third version. I love the new sprites, new boy/girl characters and the introduction of some cool features such as the Habitat List!

Been a while since the last post of me! I reached castelia city, PWNED team Plasma, again, got the insect badge while my team was still ±lvl21, went through route 4 and beat colress, caught a sandile and a darumaka and reached Nimbasa City! All of this is squeezed into an episode of my LP which is exporting right now, so you can check it out --> here <-- soon!

Current team:

Maxwell (Dewott) @ lvl21

Fierce (Lucario) @ lvl22

Lazerbeam (Mareep) @ lvl 23

'Dove (Tranquil) @ lvl 25

Fuego (Darumaka) @ lvl 15 (EXP sharing soon)

Rallygator (Sandile) @ lvl 20 (still EXP sharing)

This morning, I beat Skyla pretty easily. In Lentimas Town, I caught a Trapinch and Skorupi. I caught a Numel in Reverse Mountain (which looks really nice in White2). I evolved the Trapinch and I'm sort of using it on my team for now until I get the 6th member. My team is

466.png
169.png
549.png
530.png
329.png
367.png

It's been awhile since I last updated, but not long after that, I crushed Skyla. My Lopunny did some of the work with Ice Punch while my newly evolved Eelektrik did the rest. That annoying slut was easy pickings (yes, I find her annoying and she looks slutty, imo). I went back to Castelia City after visiting Lentimas Town and caught an Eevee. While its nature isn't the best for a Flareon, it wasn't horrible either, so I evolved it into one.

I've been training it on the route to Reversal Mountain since. I'm loving its high special defense and attack and pretty decent sp. attack!

Well, this is my first travelog post. I'm playing Black 2 ;)

Overall status:

Pokedex completion: Seen 120 Obtained 35

Badges: 5

My current team in rotation:

Osharlock the Dewott Lv. 35
Centurio (AKA Rory) the Lucario Lv. 34
Wind the Growlithe Lv. 34
Psy the Espeon Lv. 35
Terra the Vibrava Lv. 35
Tesla the Galvantula Lv. 36
Fang the Crobat Lv. 34
Chilla the Cinccino Lv. 34

I am currently on Route 7. I've recently tackled Celestial Tower and I am training up my team (I'd like to get them all up to at least Lv. 36 or so) and I'm exploring the area and collecting items and such.

I guess that's about all for now. I will probably update again after I get my 6th badge.

I just obtained my 6th badge from Skyla. I only used three pokemon to be fair: Tesla, Terra, and Centurio. I'm now just outside of Lentimas town. My current team is the same as before except they are all up to Lv. 37 and Dewott evolved into Samurott.

Current Pokedex completion: Seen 131 Obtained 41

Time for another update! I still have 6 badges. I have just caught Virizion on my way to Opelucid City. My status is:

Pokedex: Seen 178 Obtained 57

Current Team rotation:
Samurott Lv. 45
Lucario Lv. 44
Espeon Lv. 44
Arcanine Lv. 45
Flygon Lv. 45
Galvantula Lv. 44
Crobat Lv. 44
Cinccino Lv. 44

Got Black 2 (White 2 was out of stock, oh well) last October 24, here's all I can remember of what happened (and I'm skipping the trivial details):

Day 1
I picked the boy character and named him the masculine version of my name (replace the a with o lol) so when I get White 2 I won't get confused if I have the same character with the same name. Named my rival MJ for some reason, lol. I wonder did anyone else think "Isn't it cruel to not get a name and just be known as 'MJ's sister'?" Got a male Oshawott, nicknamed Percy. Caught a Purrloin on Route 19, nicknamed Catnip (I couldn't think of anything else lol sue me), made it to the next town. At the ranch I found a Riolu and it took around 7 pokeballs to catch, but totally worth it, nicknamed Indigo (I couldn't think of a good name for this one either lol) Trained a lot, beat Cheren after 3 tries (he's harder than you think lol) then went back to the ranch to catch a Mareep. I wanted to before but I just couldn't find one, the place was full of Lillipups and Patrats. Anyways, female Mareep, nicknamed Starlight. (lol couldn't think of anything again) Saved at Route 20

Day 2
Made it to Virbank City. I caught a Cottonee somewhere and named it Cloudy. Found a tiny mushroom at Virbank Complex, it was weird, there was an empty space and I just had a feeling there was something there. Talked to a scientist guy a lot and he gave me an ether. Trained a lot and beat Roxie (it's easier to beat the guitarist first then the drummer) Got some lemonades from the Pokéstar studios. Made it to Castelia City. Tried to go to Nacrene City but Skyarrow Bridge was blocked. I got a Quick Claw, though, and gave it to Starlight because of low speed. Trained in the Battle Company building, Starlight and Indigo both evolved. (but not at the same time) I bought 12 Casteliacones and just explored the city, talking to people. I ran into Iris then we went to the Sewers. Let me just say that the Castelia Sewers weren't that bad. I think people were overreacting or something. I didn't need repels. I only found the Zubats and Rattatas mildly annoying. I explored the sewers and met a Janitor, Clerk and Worker before deciding to go back. I retraced my steps and found Team Plasma. I think Oshawott evolved somewhere there, but might have evolved in Virbank, not sure, don't remember but...oh yeah I had a Dewott before the sewers. So probably sometime in Virbank or at the Battle Company. Anyways Team Plasma lost and fled. I was really worried about battling Burgh without a flying type...I think I should've caught that Pidove, and I thought of SoulSilver and my awesome Crobat...then I realized the Castelia Sewers are full of Zubat. I went back and caught one, nicknamed Radioactiv (the whole word wouldn't fit...by one letter :sweat:) I trained Radioactiv to level 21 and beat Burgh. His gym was so cool, the cocoons with a strange sucking power, the background music...and the paint on the floor...

Day 3
Met Colress and beat him after 2 tries. Explored Route 4 and the desert. Met a guy who gave me some Sitrus berries, yay. I caught a female Darumaka (nicknamed Sunburn, after a song by Owl City) and a female Sandile (nicknamed Chocolate) trained a lot. The Pokemon Breeder Irene was more annoying than the sewers in my opinion, sure she helped me train a bit but she won't let me pass, I thought the rebattle feature was you talk to them and ask them for a battle, that would've made it infinitely times better. I found a bunch of shards, heart scales and a fire stone in the desert. In Join Adventure this is what I picked:
favorite phrase: Monkeys
what to say when impressed: shmowzow
what to call me: lol

I wanted an Eevee so I went back to Castelia and looked for one. For more than an hour. I found a Whimsicott, which sucks because it has the same encounter rate as Eevee. Yay, lucky me.

Day 4
Battled all the trainers in Desert Resort and Route 4, made it to Nimbasa City, I'm going to keep training then challenge Elesa. Focusing more on Chocolate, because it's ground type, and a bit on Radioactiv because I wanna evolve it into Crobat.

That is all, thanks for reading, sorry if this wasn't organized properly and stuff.

And just so you know this is my current team:

Percy the Dewott lvl 24
Sunburn the Darumaka lvl 24
Radioactiv the Golbat lvl 23
Indigo the Lucario lvl 23
Chocolate the Sandile lvl 23
Starlight the Flaaffy lvl 23

in the PC:

BOX 1
Catnip the Purrloin
Cloudy the Cottonee
Fluf the Whimsicott
Lionhead the Buneary (oh yeah, I forgot to mention I caught a Buneary too, nicknamed Lionhead after my favorite kind of rabbit, the lionhead rabbit, google it)

Last edited:
I finally trained everybody up enough to take on Clay (I've just realised I called him Burgh in my previous post) and beat him fairly easily using mainly Sandslash. I'm now exploring Chargestone Cave and catching all the Pokemon I come across - I'm still waiting for an Electric type to appear that I haven't used in the past but so far I've not found one. Joltik is tempting but I've used him previously and I don't need a third Flying weakness in my team!

499.png
545.png
028.png
574.png
580.png

Hiruzen (Level 33)
Koga (Level 33)
Okoi (Level 34)
Foo (Level 31) I've actually stopped training Gothita and will dump him as soon as something else catches my eye!
Tenzen (Level 34)

I enjoyed the Battle Tournament, I thought the animations were really good; also when the crowd were chanting on the final battle it actually sounded like they were saying my name, which is "Alice" - that was a nice surprise haha!

Team Plasma are fairly ordinary and a little boring as always. I still don't quite understand why the game developers give them the same Pokemon to use time after time? It'd be so much more fun and interesting if they were to use a more diverse range rather than Poison, Poison, Poison. With over 500 Pokemon in existence the fact that they give all the Grunts Grimer, Koffing & Trubbish is pretty ridiculous.

Either way, I'm still really loving this game!

Three posts? Great, time for my next update. :D

I finished leveling up my Flareon to be on par with the rest of my team. I also explored the Strange House. A rather...interesting place, to say the least. Then I made it through Reversal Mountain and got to Undella Town. I absolutely LOVE this town's new look! It feels so tropical and so much like a real resort! :D

I also can't wait to explore the Marine Tube later, since I am a fan of aquariums. But for now, it's on to route 13.

Elite Four/Champion time!

Vs Marshall
Gengar OHKO's Throh, but is somehow defeated by Sawk.
I then send out Flygon, who then defeats both Sawk and Mienshao.
He sends out Conkeldurr, I sacrifice Magnezone in order to use Thunder Wave and heal Gengar who eventually finishes off Conkeldurr.

Vs Grimsley
I start with Infernape, who then OHKO's Liepard and Bisharp before falling against Krookodile, who is then defeated by Infernape. Infernape OHKO's his Scrafty.

Vs Shauntal
Gengar OHKO's Cofagrigus. I then send out Houndoom, who then pretty much sweeps Shauntal's team.

Vs Caitlin
Houndoom defeats Musharna. I then send out Gengar, who defeats Sigilyph but is defeated by Reuniclus.
I send out Houndoom, who defeats Reuniclus but is then defeated by Gothitelle, who then falls against Flygon.

Champion Iris
Round 1 - Hydreigon
Magnezone defeats Hydreigon with 2x Signal Beam.

Round 2 - Aggron
OHKO by Infernape

Roune 3 - Haxorus
Defeats Flygon, but is defeated by Samurott.

Round 4 - Lapras
Stalled by Gengar as I heal Flygon, who then defeats it.

Round 5 - Druddigon
Flygon almost defeats it, but loses due to a critical. Houndoom finishes it off.

Round 6 - Archeops
Defeats Magnezone and Houndoom. I sacrifice Gengar to heal Flygon and Infernape.
Archeops is eventually finished off by Flygon.

Team
Samurott "Takeru" lv.59
Infernape "Sun Wukong" lv.59
Gengar "Ophelia" lv.56
Houndoom "Midnight" lv.57
Magnezone "Gamma" lv.56
Flygon "Horizon" lv.59

More stuff!

Today: I beat Clay. I won the PWT and got...1 BP (well, actually it wasn't really that hard because everyone had level 25 Pokémon for some reason so it was fair) I'm on my way to the next gym.

And just so you know, this is what happened yesterday: I got the HM Fly so I taught it to Radioactiv and flew back to Virbank. I caught a Magnemite, nicknamed it Faraday (named after the scientist who discovered that thing about lightning, you know the Faraday cage) put it up for trade in the GTS and joined Magnemite chain. Yay, Join Adventure! And I beat Elesa.

My current team consists of...
Starlight the Ampharos <--- training hard for the upcoming match against Skyla
Percy the Dewott
Radioactiv the Crobat
Chocolate the Krokorok
Sunburn the Darumaka
Indigo the Lucario <--- the only one who can learn Ice punch, and I have enough shards, would be good against Drayden, but I'm not sure... To Ice punch or not to Ice punch?

Back
Top Bottom