• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Three more posts? Sweet. ^^

I tried to catch Cobalion the other day, but failed. So I got to Opelucid City and decided to buy some Timer Balls there before trying again. ...Except I caught Cobalion in the second ball thrown that time, which was an Ultra Ball, and I hadn't used a single Timer Ball yet. Awesome luck right there though! Then I went to try for Virizion. I caught it on my first attempt after maybe only seven or so Ultra Balls and one Timer Ball. I'm thinking "geez, you Musketeers gave me a harder time in Black!" lol

Anyway, I then went to explore Route 9 so I could start training to take on Drayden. I'm rather underleveled right now and the only super-effective move I've got is Lopunny's Ice Punch, so I need to train a good bit.

I absolutely LOVE that there are more musicians to add to the Village Bridge theme in the game! It's my favorite gen 5 song. <3

Got it finally, had to sell some games but I got it. Started out on Monday, and I wiped it clean. Basically beat the story, had a team with Golurk Paplitoad, Flygon, Zoroark, Unfezeant and Ampharos, Samurott in the PC as my starter. Went all good, got a good amount of the end game finished, but I screwed up on Latios and Terrakion. Had 80 medals, all the Pokestudio finished, but without strange endings, Poke Musicals weren't so great, but whatever. Now with a Tepig, and the teams mostly gonna be the same. Cotton spore+ Electroball for Ampharos is god like, and there is no way in hell I'm skipping out on it, Zoroark was a decent sweeper, and Flygon's............Flygon. Might wait till Thrusday for Braviary and no Unfezeant. Definitely gonna leave Palpitoad, as the high Base HP and secondary ground typing help it a lot.

I seem to have some sort of Axew overload going on in my game, and now I'm spending my time doing random stuff in the game. I think I still need to give Iccirus and the surroundings a good look-see. Twist Mountain is cleared, but I need to finish up Mistralton Cave and also some loose ends that I have to clean up.

I think I still haven't gotten my Unova Dex seen fully... Man, it might take a long time to sort things out for me. And I still haven't done most of the things that I should be doing, but oh well.

Spr_5b_500.png
Spr_4d_028.png
581.png
476.png
325.png
545.png

Hiruzen ~ Level 43
Okoi ~ Level 43
Tenzen ~ Level 43
Sakon ~ Level 43
Louis ~ Level 43 (waiting until he learns Psychic before I evolve!)
Koga ~ Level 43

I've just been Audino-grinding my Spoink to catch up with the rest of my team - I'm glad we receive the Lucky Egg early on in the game! - and wandering around the routes near Undella Town. I really love the updated cities!

I actually never realised Probopass learnt Electric attacks so he has become my Electric Pokemon. He looks ridiculous but that makes it all the more fun.

Last edited:
Update time!

I beat Drayden on my first attempt! He was a lot easier than I thought he would be though, since all I had for super-effective moves against him was Lopunny's Ice Punch. Although, he still wiped out half my team. xP

Anyway, just one badge left to get before the Pokemon League! I think Hugh, Cheren, and I have business with Team Plasma at the moment though. Heh. My team is lv. 46-48 now.

Today I beat the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn section of the PWT.
I was struggling with my team against most of the gymleaders and lost so many times in the very first round it is not even funny. For example: A Chimecho 2HKO'ed my Krookodile which is something I though wasn't even possible...I usually used this team:

Krookodile
Galvantula
Jellicent

In the Hoenn matches I lost twice in the finals...and both times it was against Roxanne's Cradily...stalling against it would have worked but it kept critical hitting me... :/

My ingame team didn't seem to work like I wanted to so I traded my EV trained Archeops and Cloyster over and beat the tournaments mentioned at the top on my first try. o.o
I guess EVs really do make a difference...when I have enough time on my hands I will EV train most of the members of my ingame team and will have the deserved rematches against the nostalgic gymleaders...thanks to the Join Avenue ( Buy or Die!, in my game) it won't take too long.

Spr_5b_500.png
Spr_4d_028.png
581.png
476.png
545.png
326.png

All members of my team are now Level 45!

I've been making my way steadily through the routes that lead to Opelucid City as I haven't had a lot of time to play recently. I caught Virizion this morning after many, many Ultra Balls and also a few Pokemon I hadn't seen yet such as Zangoose and Buizel.

I've been planning movesets for my Pokemon and am trying to cover all the bases. My Grumpig now knows Energy Ball as I was missing any sort of Grass attack on my team but I still need to teach my Swanna Ice Beam. Emboar is also in dire need of an overhaul as the moves he learns via levelling up are rather sub-standard. I plan on replacing Scolipede's Poison Tail with Poison Jab as soon as I find the TM. Oh, and Sandslash just learned Earthquake, hooray!

I caught Latios in a regular Poke Ball! (my last one of those, too!)

Got to Nuvema Town. Can I tell you how much I love Memory Link?

Three posts finally? Awesome!

Marlon got squished by my Serperior and Eelektrik. He was almost as easy as Skyla was. Almost. I absolutely enjoyed going through the Plasma Frigate and Giant Chasm! It's even better than N's Castle in the original BW! And the cutscenes with Ghetsis and N himself were pretty sweet too. Although, imo, Ghetsis is absolutely insane. o_O

Anyway, as of now, I've made it to Victory Road and just evolved my Eelektrik. I taught it Wild Charge using the TM I found there. Hey, why wait until lv. 59 when I could just teach it with a reusable TM earlier instead? So now I have my final team for the league! They're lv. 56-57 now, and I gave held items to all of them, so I'm just about ready. Just gotta finish Victory Road and stock up on plenty of healing items.

EDIT: Oh, I also succeeded in catching Terrakion in a Timer Ball. Wee. It gave me more trouble than its two buddies, but still.

After spending something like a week and a half simply trading over Pokemon from my Black and White carts to B2 in order to bulk up the Unova Dex, I actually started playing the story mode again. I spent some time EV grinding my team before I took on Clay; he was troublesome for me in Black and I didn't want to take that same risk in B2. But he wasn't all that difficult this time around and I got my fifth Badge with little trouble. However, once I had my latest Badge, I had run into a bit of a problem.

I needed a Baltoy. Badly.

It took a day to track down a Claydol in Black and breed it but once the Egg was hatched, the hatchling came to its new home. Terra--a nod to her Ground type heritage--is currently at level 20 and slowly being EV trained in Special Defense. (Her Nature is Sassy.) I was able to find the Shard collector in Driftveil and gave Dogū Ice Punch to replace his missing Elemental Punch. I also Tutored Loki and gave him Fire Punch, so most of my types have been covered. I haven't tried the PWT yet, as I want to do a bit more training before I start. Most of my team has evolved, including Dogū who hit level 45 today and learned Earthquake. Since he knew that, I decided it was time to let him grow up, if you will.

I'm pretty nervous about the PWT. I don't really do well in things like that. But I'll have to go ahead and try my best, I guess. (I'll update my blog with further details tomorrow.)

I've made some changes to my team:

Spr_5b_500.png
Spr_4d_028.png
581.png
326.png
598.png
135.png

Hiruzen (Lvl 61) ~ Okoi (Lvl 61) ~ Tenzen (Lvl 61) ~ Louis (Lvl 61) ~ Roux (Lvl 45) ~ Finn (Lvl 61)

I've battled my way through Victory Road and have arrived at the entrance to the Elite Four but I decided to change a member of my team at the last minute; Scolipede got swapped out for a Ferrothorn just because I fancied a change. I'll need to get him caught up with the rest of my team before I take on the E4.

Oh and I finally made the effort to change my WiFi settings so I can go online with this bloody game. I've done one trade on the GTS so far; I had to offer a Pokemon and let somebody come to me as everybody seems to be asking for Lvl 100 legendaries in return for their Lvl 15 Solosis... very annoying.

(So if anybody would like to do some trade-backs in order to evolve their critters or you'd like to trade some version exclusives just let me know!)

I'm looking forward to seeing Winter in my game next month, I've been impressed with some of the pretty Autumn scenes so far!

Okay, since I got my copy of White 2 on Sunday, I will report my progress so far since Sunday.

When I first began the game, I decided on Oshawott since I generally pick a Water-type for my starter, in Aspertia City, and won my first rival battle against Hugh, who chose Snivy. Then, after I got the Running Shoes, the Town Map, and 10 Poke Balls, I set off to Route 19, where on the way, I managed to catch a Patrat and a Purrloin, and I also ran into Alder, former Unova Champion from Black and White. After arriving into Floccesy Town, I went immediately to Route 20 at the Floccesy Ranch where I won my second rival battle against Hugh, which I then gave him the second Town Map I received. Then, after finding the ranch owner and his wife's missing Herdier and rescuing it from a Team Plasma Grunt, I went back to Flocessy Town to have Alder train my Pokemon, catching almost all of the Pokemon found at the ranch. After returning to Aspertia City, I managed to defeat Cheren, the Aspertia Gym Leader, after I believe 3 or 4 attempts, earning me the Basic Badge. Then, I went on past Route 19 and Floccesy Town, and made it to Virbank City, battling trainers and catching new Pokemon in the process. There, I took a few visits to the Virbank Complex, before heading to the Virbank Gym. It is here where I managed to defeat the Virbank Gym Leader Roxie, earning the Toxic Badge, before taking a visit to Pokestar Studios and make a few movies. After arriving at Castelia City, I teamed up with Hugh in the Castelia Sewers, catching all of the Pokemon there, and battling two Team Plasma Grunts. There, I was introduced to Burgh, the Castelia Gym Leader, and a mysterious man in a white coat. After visiting the Empty Lot and almost catching all of the Pokemon there, I headed to the Castelia Gym and, with the power of my Pokemon, managed to defeat Burgh and claim the Insect Badge. I did pay a visit to Fennel's lab and used WiFi set up Game Sync and send my Pokemon from the PC to the Dream World. After meeting the man, Colress, on the way out of Castelia City, I accepted his request and defeated him in a battle on Route 4, before passing through Join Avenue(after a visit) and reaching Nimbasa City. There, I took on, and defeated, the Nimbasa Gym Leader, Elesa, earning the Bolt Badge. On the way to Driftveil City, I helped Hugh battle through some Team Plasma Grunts and found out that his sister's Purrloin was stolen by Team Plasma 5 years ago and he was after Team Plasma ever since. Then, I arrived at Driftveil City, after being introduced to Triple and Rotation battles from motorcyclist Charles, and took on the Driftveil Gym(after 2-3 attempts), and defeated the Driftveil Gym Leader Clay, earning the Quake Badge. Then, I visited Rood and EX-Team Plasma Grunts who are taking care of Pokemon now, and then I went off to Mistralton City.

Currently, I am at Chargestone Cave, after receiving HM03 (Surf) from Cheren in Route 6 and face-offed Hugh and Cheren in the Pokemon World Tournament, before facing off against Team Plasma.

Current Badges:
Basic Badge (Aspertia City)
Toxic Badge (Virbank City)
Insect Badge (Castelia City)
Bolt Badge (Nimbasa City)
Quake Badge (Driftveil City)

Current Team:
Growlithe - Lv. 25
Held Item - Charcoal
Helping Hand
Fire Fang
Reversal
Flame Wheel

Dewott - Lv. 28
Held Item - Mystic Water
Surf
Tail Whip(Still hoping to replace this move soon!)
Water Pulse
Razor Shell

Tranquill - Lv. 29
Held Item - Exp. Share
Gust
Air Cutter
Fly
Quick Attack

Sandslash - Lv. 27
Held Item - None
Swift
Crush Claw
Magnitude
Rock Tomb

Lucario - Lv. 28
Held Item - None
Force Palm
Quick Attack
Strength
Metal Sound

Zorua - Lv. 25 (Not Part of Final Team; Originally N's Pokemon)
Held Item - None
Fury Swipes
Faint Attack
Scary Face
Taunt

Also, the Castelia Sewers were a pain in the butt. I kept running into the same Zubat, Rattata, and Grimer every few steps. And at one point, I somehow caught a Pokemon in only one shake. Didn't expect that to happen, though, but I was extremely happy to see that happen. I do know where some of the Pokemon I haven't caught are, and I do know one thing: I plan on completing as much of the Pokedex in this game as I possibly can. I don't know if I will, but I do know one thing: This will be a ridiculously hard task. I swear I will complete the Unova Pokedex as much as I can, and I won't be running into any problems any time soon.

What is left to do: Get some serious training done in the Chargestone Cave, especially for Sandshrew, then, head off to Mistralton City and take on the Mistralton Gym Leader. Also, return to Castelia City to get my Pokemon some nicknames. :D

But until then,
Let's meet back soon, shall we?

Actually, completing the Unova dex isn't that hard in this game. Almost all of the pokemon are available in the tall grass; you only have to trade for a few.

Phillipplays, I think it should have more action (no offense; it was interesting but I think that would improve it)! You should tell us how your gym battles or other important battles go. Those can be pretty exciting.

As for your last Pokemon in your team... looks like you need something defensive. The only defenisve Pokemon you have is Sandslash, and he's not all that sturdy as it is. I recommend Magneton (with Eviolite and ability Sturdy) or Magnezone (more powerful, but not as sturdy as Eviolite Magneton), Ferrothorn, or Cofagrigus. Magneton or Ferrothorn may serve you best, since it looks like your team has a bit of a weakness to water types, so Marlon may give you a hard time.

I also recommend swapping Tranquill for some other Pokemon... I think a lot of people use those just because it's a flying type and they want to use Fly, but Unfezant just isn't that good...

But don't let me tell you how to play your game! Use whoever you want. These are just suggestions.

Just went on to GTS Negotiation to get some players to visit my Join Avenue. I went through about 6 or 7 before actually trading.

It was a female player (the avatar was female) from Japan who wanted a Cute Pokemon. I wasn't exactly sure what would be cute... so I showed her a female Sandile, a female Absol, and a female Flaafy (nickname: Juri) which I had been raising for a bit before boxing it.

She took out an Egg, a level 1 female Larvitar, and a level 11 Roggenrola. And a smiley appears - she's ready to trade?!

I was surprised, but that level 1 female Larvitar was something rare enough, so I clicked yes!

Turned out she wanted my Flaafy. So I sent her over. Bye-bye, Juri! XDD

All of the people I end up trading with don't understand what the :), :(, <3, and ! symbols mean.

Whenever I put, :(, They always end up putting a, :), a decide to start the trade.

Oh and by the by, they are all German!

Current Location: Nimbasa City
Current Team: Lucario lv36, Espeon lv34, Leavanny lvl32, Magneton lv34 & Heracross lv30

After boosting Heracross' level from the Audinos in Castelia Garden, I head to the Nimbasa city to battle the athletes using Heracross. I plan on making his level 32 before challenging the Driftveil City gym.
I still had over 80 casteliacones with me and I'm too lazy to sell them each. I wish there is a SELL ALL option. I am very confused what water pokemon to get to give surf.

I just started playing Black 2 this morning, picked Snivy as my starter. After an hour of playing the game, my team consists of:

-Servine lvl 18
-Flaaffy lvl 16

I am currently in Virbank city. I want to catch something good to use against the Gym Leader.

December 19 edit:

Caught a Growlithe at the Virbank complex and used it to defeat the gym. I am currently in Nimbasa city having already defeated Burgh. I am training my team in order to fight Elesa.

Current team:

-Servine lvl 28
-Flaaffy lvl 27
-Growlithe lvl 27
-Scraggy lvl 25

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a female Modest Eevee at the Castelia Central Park. I feel like this is gonna take a looong time. :/

Edit: I found one with 0 IVs in special attack. What did I ever do to deserve this??...

Edit 2: Done! Modest with decent IVs. I love her. <3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom