• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Kyohei's log, day 2 afternoon
Dear Diary,
I made it to Undella Bay and have also acquired two new shiny badges. I must keep an eye out for Shiny Pokemon, on that note.
Anyway, caught a few pokemon like Spoink, Absol, and others and have been training them. Running around Reversal Mountain with Bianca is quite a pain. Why can't she just go with Cheren or something?
Anyway, with my Azumarill surfing, I also encountered a Jellicent, Frillish and Staryu. How fortunate. I must now battle Hugh again before I pursue Team Plasma.

Oh, on another note, I am getting seriously worried. That Mr Medal is following me to every pokemon centre just to give me 'medals'. Considering he's there every time, I'm starting to think he's stalking me. Holy Arceus, I'm calling Officer Jenny STAT.
-end log-

I've got a good bit of training to do if I'm to be ready to battle Elesa. I've gotten to Nimbasa City, but I could tell without checking any guides that my team was too weak. Going to go to lv. 28-29 before heading to the gym. I also went item-hunting in the Desert Resort while battling trainers there and I found myself a Fire Stone. The problem is catching an Eevee to use it on. :/

But I'll wait until I can buy some Ultra Balls for that. Plus, it's best to evolve an Eevee as soon as you catch it because its evolved forms learn different moves.

Though my team is too weak to face Elesa right now, I did teach my Buneary Dig for when that battle comes. I just wish I could also teach it Ice Punch or something so I have something to use against that Emolga (it's obvious she's got one, lol).

Did the usual stuff, started up the game, went through the tutorial (this part should really be optional), caught some pokémon, etc.
Also, I downloaded the Genesect.

Current Status
In front of Aspertia Gym, ready to face Cheren.

Team
Oshawott "Takeru" lv.10
Lillipup lv.8 (not a member of final team)
Mareep lv.8 (not a member of final team)
Sewaddle lv.8 (not a member of final team)

After the gym battle, I plan on trading over three eggs (for a random Purrloin, Sunkern and Azurill) from White.

I've accomplished the following things since my last post:

• Beat Cheren in an extremely close (as in, my last pokémon had 1 hp left) battle.
  • Traded the aforementioned eggs.
  • Caught a Riolu as my temporary fighting type.
  • Arrived in Virbank and did the whole complex thing, catching a Magnemite in the process.
  • Did some level grinding for an hour.
  • Defeated Roxie and went to PokéStar Studios (which is certainly more entertaining than the Musical).
  • Arrived at Castelia and did pretty much the same things I did back in White.
  • Explored the Castelia's sewer system and wandered into Relic Passage.
  • Beat Burgh.
  • Did some level grinding in Desert Resort and Route 4, catching my sixth member in the process.

Current Status
Just arrived in Nimbasa.

Team
Dewott "Takeru" lv.24
Monferno "Sun Wukong" lv.24
Gastly "Ophelia" lv.23
Houndour "Midnight" lv.22
Magnemite "Gamma" lv.22
Trapinch "Horizon" lv.22

Last edited:
I arrived in Nimbasa City earlier and I had a look around the place. Before I do the Nimbasa City gym, I'm going to do what I can of Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Anville Town. Better go there first.

Current location:
Route 16

Current team:
Lv. 28 Lucario "Anubis"
Lv. 28 Magnemite "Magnet"
Lv. 27 Espeon "Psychica"
Lv. 27 Trapinch "Devon"

I came across N's Darmanitan in the desert, which considering the point of the game I'm at, was pretty daunting.
Level 35? Belly Drum? Sandstorm brewing? Nothing aside from pokeballs to catch it with? A team of level 20-ish pokemon to fight it with? Pants-shittingly terrifying stuff.

Anyway, I'm prolonging the game by thoroughly exploring areas and just dicking about in general, which has been made a more incricate experience thanks to having a surfing pokemon since the beginning of the game. I spent a lot of time bumbling around in the Castelia sewers and such...which unfortunately led to encounters with trainers using level 32 pokemon in the end.

Also, I've been trading Magnemite on the GTS, as folks in japan have been doing for a while, to bulk up Join Avenue a little. If you see ones named Dr.Robotnik, Scratch or Grounder, you know who caught them.

So, while training in Lostlorn Forest for the Nimbasa gym battle, I found a Panpour and successfully caught it with my last regular Pokeball. ^^

Those little guys seem to like popping out on me, because I caught wild Panpour in both Black and White as well. Anyway, the elemental monkeys are hard to find, so I'm glad I caught one!

So far I've beaten Cheren (just) and have made it to Virbank. My team consists of Psyduck lv. 16 and Tepig lv. 16. I'm thinking of maybe adding an Elekid or a Magnemite to my team, but I might just wait and have a Galvantula.

I beat Homika after catching everything at Virbank complex, and getting Rock Smash. Homika was much easier than Cheren, in my opinion. I may have over trained at the Complex though. I made my way to Castelia after taking part in a few Pokéstar movies, and explored the city before making my way to the sewers. I decided against an Elekid and decided to wait and have a Galvantula instead. Now I'm at the inner park thing, where Eevee can be found, and I'm currently looking for one with a + SpAtk nature.

Pignite lv. 23
Psyduck lv. 22

It feels kind of awkward to make a travelog entry so far into my game, but what the hell.

Napo the Lv 36 Serperior.
Timmy the Lv 35 Magnezone.
Theodore the Lv 33 Braviary.
Mothra the Lv 35 Volcarona.
Dogu the Lv 36 Claydol.
Pringles the Lv 35 Frillish.

Chargestone Cave was a sluggish nightmare this time around that I'm glad to be done with. I don't ever remember the place being so frustrating back in BW. Currently ascending Celestial Tower before going to take down Skyla. I've heard there's a troubling NPC with a Litwick who talks about feeling drained after losing, who I will definitely be keeping an eye out for.

Edit: Found her. School Kid Alberta on the second floor. Yep, it's true: "Losing a battle is so draining. I feel really burned out somehow." Her previous dialogue is even centered around Litwick. I didn't really expect Gamefreak to actually give credence to such Pokedex entries...

I arrived in Nimbasa City earlier and I had a look around the place. Before I do the Nimbasa City gym, I'm going to do what I can of Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Anville Town. Better go there first.

Current location:
Route 16

Current team:
Lv. 28 Lucario "Anubis"
Lv. 28 Magnemite "Magnet"
Lv. 27 Espeon "Psychica"
Lv. 27 Trapinch "Devon"

OK, so I finished off Route 16 and headed over to Lostlorn Forest. And a random backpacker turns back into Zoroark after giving me a Snarl TM. OK... I then went over to Anville Town, which, just like in BW, is absolutely useless, except for a few people who want to trade items with you. After going back to Nimbasa City, I went in the old gym and battled the few trainers that were in there, and afterwards I went to the new gym. And my Trapinch raped all of Elesa's Pokemon, but only after my Magnemite evolved into a Magneton. Afterwards I met a few Team Plasma grunts and Hugh, and after defeating two of the grunts, Hugh says how when he was a child a Team Plasma grunt stole his sister's Purrloin. So I'm guessing that was during the events of the original BW?

EDIT: Just got the Fly HM from Bianca on Route 5. Nice, now I don't have to take that ferry from Virbank to Castelia whenever I want to go to the southwestern area of Unova. Though I can't teach it to anything until Trapinch evolves. :/

Current location:
Nimbasa City
Current team:
Lv. 30 Lucario "Anubis"
Lv. 30 Magneton "Magnet"
Lv. 29 Espeon "Psychica"
Lv. 30 Trapinch "Devon"

Right now, I'm at Reversal Mountain Enterance, training all of my Pokémon to Level 45 (Audino + Lucky Egg)

Current Location:
Reversal Mountain Enterance
Current Team:
Lucario Lv.42
Flygon Lv. 45
Lilligant Lv. 45
Volcarona Lv. 40
Vaporeon Lv. 40

Is this underleveled?

EDIT: Also, should I use Skarmory or Metagross?

Last edited:
Smacked down Skyla, flew to Little Mexico, and explored Strange House. After a Banette made me go through all of my Ultra Balls to catch it and I didn't see the Canalave incident being referred to as 10 years ago (does that happen when I actually encounter Cresselia?), I'm a bit annoyed. REGARDLESS, onward to Groudo-, er Heatran's, mountain. Edit: And the first thing I find is a Max Repel a bit beyond the entrance. That does not bode well.

Braviary Lv40
Volcarona Lv38
Serperior Lv36
Magnezone Lv36
Claydol Lv36
Frillish Lv35

Time to make that Frillish a Jellicent and fulfill its nickname.

Just passed through Undella

Dunsparce "Soda" Lv. 49
Lilligant "Lily" Lv. 43
Sandslash "Snaps" Lv. 42
Mr. Mime "Delilah" Lv. 40
Altaria "Peluca" Lv. 41
Galvanchula "Squire" Lv. 41

Went back to the grass line above white forest to grind against audinos

...I just discovered that Elesa is WAY overpowered. My Buneary knows Dig and Servine is resistant to electric type moves and they're the same level as Elesa's team. Yet, I couldn't beat even one of her god damn Pokemon. Though, it doesn't help that my other two team members are both weak to electric type moves. She also spammed Volt Switch against me. Figures, since she never once used it on me back in Black and White.

Still, I'm afraid I might not ever finish this game.

EDIT: Scratch that, I beat her on the second try! Seems she's only broken when she spams Volt Switch. Buneary still couldn't do much though. It took too much damage in one hit for some reason (I'm guessing its special defense was lower than I thought). So Servine did most of the work. By the time both it and Buneary were down, all Elesa had left was a Zebstrika with very low HP, so I just finished it up with Tranquill's Quick Attack.

Last edited:
I've taken most of today to backtrack over various routes for items I couldn't access before, and chat to NPCs I might have missed. The Pokemon rangers that jump you on Route 20 made me laugh, don't mind me just chillin' under this huge pile of leaves with my hat sticking out. I also love how one NPC in Driftveil refers to the Pokestar studio movies as his "guilty pleasure", even the game recognises that their movies are pretty terrible.

I'm about to challenge Skyla, even if we're a little underleveled it shouldn't be too difficult. Right now we've got:
Servine ♂ (Blackadder)- Lv35
Flaaffy ♂ (Shaun) - Lv34
Scolipede ♀ (Faye) - Lv35
N's Zorua ♂ - Lv34
Floatzel ♀ (Kagura) - Lv35
Dunsparce ♂ (Turple) -Lv34
Also I've got a few reserves I rotate in when I feel like it (Skill Link Cinccino, Trubbish and Sigilyph), but I'm pretty sure this isn't my finalised team. Argh, there's just sooo many Pokemon I want to use!

Okay, I got out of Rebirth Mountain. I battled Hugh, beat him in 4 turns, went through Route 14, then went to train at Undella Bay.

Pokémon Team:
Lilligant Lv. 47
Lucario Lv. 46
Volcarona Lv. 45
Flygon Lv. 48
Vaporeon Lv. 50

OK, so I finished off Route 16 and headed over to Lostlorn Forest. And a random backpacker turns back into Zoroark after giving me a Snarl TM. OK... I then went over to Anville Town, which, just like in BW, is absolutely useless, except for a few people who want to trade items with you. After going back to Nimbasa City, I went in the old gym and battled the few trainers that were in there, and afterwards I went to the new gym. And my Trapinch raped all of Elesa's Pokemon, but only after my Magnemite evolved into a Magneton. Afterwards I met a few Team Plasma grunts and Hugh, and after defeating two of the grunts, Hugh says how when he was a child a Team Plasma grunt stole his sister's Purrloin. So I'm guessing that was during the events of the original BW?

EDIT: Just got the Fly HM from Bianca on Route 5. Nice, now I don't have to take that ferry from Virbank to Castelia whenever I want to go to the southwestern area of Unova. Though I can't teach it to anything until Trapinch evolves. :/

Current location:
Nimbasa City
Current team:
Lv. 30 Lucario "Anubis"
Lv. 30 Magneton "Magnet"
Lv. 29 Espeon "Psychica"
Lv. 30 Trapinch "Devon"
Since yesterday, I went through Route 5 and found my first hidden grotto. There was also a breeder who gives out a group of five rare berries a day, so I'll probably go back to her every day from now on. I battled Biker Charles in a Rotation Battle, and after going across Driftveil Drawbridge, I finally got to Driftveil City. Did my tour of the place and battled Rook, and then got N's Zorua as a gift. I then went to Route 6 to train up my team, and even hopped inside Chargestone Cave to finally evolve my Magneton. I then battled Clay (and lost to him twice - didn't remember him being this difficult to take down), and then did a tournament at the PWT, including battles against Hugh, Cheren and Colress. I think I've now got to go on the Plasma Frigate, but I didn't and instead did the other half of Relic Passage (where my Trapinch evolved), and I'm now about to trade in a Lapras, so it's going to be fun training that up. :/

EDIT: Great, just found out my Lapras has a Sp. Def lowering nature. Got to breed another one now. :/

Current location:
Nimbasa City

Current team:
Lv. 36 Lucario "Anubis"
Lv. 35 Magnezone "Magnet"
Lv. 35 Espeon "Psychica"
Lv. 35 Vibrava "Devon"
Lv. 1 Lapras "Dorrie" (better train this little guy up)

Ten hours and only four badges in. A couple of hours wasted on hunting a female Eevee, though. I lost to Elesa twice but finally beat her with my Trapinch. When I was training for her gym, I was lucky to come across a shiny Solosis! Good thing I didn't beat Elesa on the first try, right?

My team;
Pignite (Papu), lv.29, m
Skitty (Tasha), lv.26, f
Zorua (Trickster), lv.27, m
Trapinch (Firefly), lv.30, f
Solosis (Elfi), lv.24, f

Been thinking of doing rotating teams for this game, but I dunno, my current team is so underleveled that I need to focus on just them for a while.

All right, I just defeated Drayden. Right now, I'm at Opelicuid City.
Team
Lucario Lv. 52
Vaporeon Lv. 52
Flygon Lv. 51
Lilligant Lv. 50
Volcarona Lv. 50

So now I'm in Join Avenue with 3 badges. I just asked my peons to refer to me as "Oh, Master" simply because no one will in the real world (=3). I have both Tornadus and Thundurus from Dream Radar in my PC...and if I get another damn Riolu or Swablu from them.

What was cool was, the first Pokémon I encountered in the main Desert Resort area was N's Sigilyph. I put it to sleep with Swablu and caught it =3.

Anyway, here's my team so far:
Servine lv.27
Swablu lv.27
Flareon lv.27 (So thankful that I got a Fire Stone from Dream Radar!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom