• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spring 2012

Nintendo of Australia has given a Spring 2012 release period for Pokémon Black and White 2 in Australia and New Zealand.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spri

At first I was thinking "What? They're getting it before Japan?!"

Then I read the rest of the article XD Spring 2012 (southern hemisphere) = Autumn/Fall 2012 (northern hemisphere)

Re: Black and White 2 announced for Australia, New Zealand: Games to be released Spri

No surprises here... :L

First I was like "what? Australia's getting the game early?" But then Luminosity reminded me about the Southern Hemisphere.

Awesome. It's gonna be good to have it the same time as everyone else (well, minus Japan).

Sweet! We have a date! Cannot wait.

This is pretty much just them announcing what was already obvious. We got BW less than a week after the first English release, so it was certainly going to be close again this time around. I'm not surprised, but I am still happy that they decided to announce it (although I would have preferred if they had just announced it with everyone else).

We got BW less than a week after the first English release

I still want to know why it wasn't on the same week. I see no excuse anymore to delay stuff on our part of the planet just because we don't live in "glorious northern hemisphere".

Well in the UK we got Platinum two months after the US did (we even got it later than Australia). So this "glorious northen hemisphere" is hardly that glorious.

Here in Australia we're already able to pre-order them, just thought you'd like to know. o:

I still want to know why it wasn't on the same week. I see no excuse anymore to delay stuff on our part of the planet just because we don't live in "glorious northern hemisphere".

When the release dates differ by less than a week, it's simply a matter of different regions releasing games on different days of the week. Europe does it on Fridays, North America on Sundays and Australia on Thursdays. Given these restrictions, it's impossible for any international release to be simultaneous, but this one was pretty damn close.

Australia has many good reasons to be annoyed with Nintendo - getting shafted over events, and being deprived of the best game on DSiWare, to name a couple. But this isn't one of them. Remember, it wasn't so long ago that Australia was waiting two months for games already available in English elsewhere, and now that gap has narrowed to almost nothing.

When the release dates differ by less than a week, it's simply a matter of different regions releasing games on different days of the week. Europe does it on Fridays, North America on Sundays and Australia on Thursdays. Given these restrictions, it's impossible for any international release to be simultaneous, but this one was pretty damn close.

Australia has many good reasons to be annoyed with Nintendo - getting shafted over events, and being deprived of the best game on DSiWare, to name a couple. But this isn't one of them. Remember, it wasn't so long ago that Australia was waiting two months for games already available in English elsewhere, and now that gap has narrowed to almost nothing.
If I remember correctly, wasn't Starfox 64 3D released in America and Europe on 9th September? (Although that was probably mainly due to someone scheduling the US release for the 10th anniversary of 9/11). Also, Kid Icarus: Uprising was released in Japan, America and Europe on 23rd March. In both cases Australia only had to wait 6 days later; but for all other regions, it's possible despite the different day of the week for releases.

So why Australia has to wait 5 days longer when the rest of Nintendo's big territories enjoy a simultaneous release is confusing. But yeah as you said, it's better than previous waiting time (hell, before the 3DS and BW, the idea of Europe getting a game before America was hilarious).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom