• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first foo

Oh god... wild Eevee? I can already see that Eeveelution team spam in everyone's signature.

Did anyone notice that most (if not all) old Pokemon are from eastern Unova? We can nearly guess the entire dex now. D: Marowak, Fearow, Drifblim, Solrock, Lunatone, Tangela, Swellow... and so on.

Re: Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first foo

At 37 seconds into the trailer, you see you and the Rival encountering what could possibly be the new villain team, in Nimbasa City. Their outfits from sprite-view almost look identical to Rocket Grunt uniforms. I'm not making any suggestions, so please don't jump on me like you have been with the people that were making really weird guesses about the new Professor being evil.

At 0:36, you see the hero and rival encountering a bunch of people in the same uniform, all have red hair, but they are clearly not Team Plasma, are they? Did Team Plasma get a uniform change thanks to the new management, or is this a completely new villain team (they do have the same hair color as Team Plasma does, so maybe they are, who knows)

1:15 ALL TRAINERS ARE ANIMATED NOW, not just the rivals, not just the Gym leaders, but ALL OF THEM!!!

At 37 seconds into the trailer, you see you and the Rival encountering what could possibly be the new villain team, in Nimbasa City. Their outfits from sprite-view almost look identical to Rocket Grunt uniforms. I'm not making any suggestions, so please don't jump on me like you have been with the people that were making really weird guesses about the new Professor being evil.

I saw that, they all have red hair, which is the color of Team Plasma's grunts, I think Team Plasma may have had a uniform change after getting some new management.

So...is Unova ACTUALLY covered in ice? The ice looked a lot more fitting on the map this time, but I still can't say for certain...

Also, I still think it's suspicious how Achroma is basically hiding his right hand in his art.

The new facilities look great! I'm SO HYPED right now!! Love the trainer animations, too. The vid gave me shivers, to be honest. <3

His facial structure is nothing like Ghetsis, and we know from concept art that Ghetsis' right eye is scarred. Really, I think if he managed to hide everything else, his arm would be nothing and would really only require a glove given he's wearing long sleeves, and yes, he is wearing a gloves. The arm is being obscured by the coat simply because it was drawn that way, its no more suspicious than the many characters with obscured features.
I'm not connecting it to Ghetsis's eye. I'm thinking of his black right arm when I make the connection. And they don't need similar facial structures--the manga art style is one that puts more emphasis on what's inside the face.
I'm just pointing out that Achroma's hand is being obscured in a way that looks, at least to me, highly unnatural.
It looks painful for him to hold his arm that way xD It MAY mean something...it may not :3 Just making an observation, sorry~

I know you're not comparing it to his eye >_>

I was pointing out that there are more obvious features that would give Ghetsis away, given that we don't even know if anything is wrong with his left arm other than ambiguous colouring in the opening scene (which by the way, could be a result of shadows). And really, I don't see the point in making a comparison if you're going to discount the biggest evidence against the comparison. We might as well go back to when someone was saying Cilan was Ghetsis because of his hair colour. I mean yes, change everything else except the hair.

Also, who was talking about the manga art style? Ghetsis' official artwork has his face jaw being more square than Akuroma, who has a very feminine face shape. Not to mention he looks much older.

Oh...are you thinking I meant Achroma is Ghetsis? No no no, I'm implying they may be related in some way...

It's even worse to use the arm as evidence if that's the case...

It's way too early to tell if Akuroma is concealing his right arm on purpose. At least wait until the game comes out to make any definitive conclusions.

Looks good! I like how all the trainer are animated now!
I also like how they have the new map up, but I'm still not buying the ice thing...
The protagonists are starting to grow on me. I like how the guy's overworld sprite looks.
Overall, everything looks great!

So I'm not the only one who thought that they looked like Team Rocket! That would be interesting if they replaced Plasma with Rocket (not saying that they have, I'm just saying that it would be interesting).

The trailer has me more interested in that platform Akuroma (with all the people watching) walks up to the PC on if not that whole movie/comic skit scene in general at 0:51-0:58. If that's the new go-to mini-game color me VERY interested.

Talk about a huge face lift. I have to say the only things that I don't like are the main character designs. The guy looks like he's got a bush on his head and the girl looks ridiculously young. But everything else looks pretty freaking awesome. I wish they would implement the Pokemon follow you feature again, but it seems to only be a HG/SS thing.

Regardless of how the two main characters look, I will most definitely be buying the remakes when they come out.

I also noticed the similarity to Team Rocket, but it is most likely a change to the former Team Plasma (please do not let it be Team Rocket, they are becoming very annoying). It is also unlikely to be Team Rocket because the grunt in Iccirus City tried and failed to revive the group, however let us not forget the roughnecks on Narrow Street in Castelia City.
I also believe that Akuroma is morally ambiguous, not exactly good and not exactly evil (even though he has the term aku, which is Japanese for evil, in his name). My proof of this is that Dark type pokemon are called Aku in the Japanese versions, but we know they are no more evil than any other pokemon ( Absol warns people of incoming disasters for example).
All in all this seems to promise to be a truly interesting game for all of us.

Having some old Pokemon appear so early is sort of disappointing. That was Unova's "thing": No old Pokemon until after you beat the Elite 4. Maybe the further you go on your journey, the more old Pokemon that appear with the Unova ones?

The animated trainer sprites is a nice touch that I expected only for the important characters, gym leaders and elite 4.

Achroma seems like a guy who's all nice and helpful in the beginning but has deeper underlying motives. Like he will use the (strength) data from your Pokemon to fuel whatever evil plan he has or something.

This game looks amazing, I might need to upgrade to DSi/3DS just for this.. I think that's the main reason I get new handhelds anyways, to get the new Pokemon games.. Don't really play much else on a handheld, other than the odd Mario/Nintendogs/misc. game.

The underwater tunnel looks cool.

The guys the rival is facing - are they a new team? Or did Team Plasma change uniforms?

Darn, there are only 2 new Pokemon, according to the info. (Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem)

I love the underwater tunnel, and the Mantine you see swimming up in the corner. Those are real things! I love aquariums with those installed, and manta rays often do occupy them. Those gyms look so cool, especially the girl's.

Darn, there are only 2 new Pokemon, according to the info. (Black-Kyurem and White-Kyurem)

They're just alternate forms, so even they're not really new. Keldeo and Meloetta are new though (even though we've known about them for a year and a half).

Then that makes no new Pokemon.

What exactly did the rival say to them anyway?

What exactly did the rival say to them anyway?
"Now I'm getting angry!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom