• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first footage of the ...

The official Japanese site for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 has been updated with screenshots, character art and the first trailer for the upcoming games.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first foo

The more details we get on these games, the more awesome they look.

Glad we have official artwork now. The way Akuroma is described makes my theory that he's the new villain more legit. Studying Pokemon's strengths sounds suspicious to me.

Re: Black and White 2 site updated with trailer: Official site features the first foo

Glad we have official artwork now. The way Akuroma is described makes my theory that he's the new villain more legit. Studying Pokemon's strengths sounds suspicious to me.
I think you're just extrapolating from your expectations. Studying Pokémon evolution sounds suspicious, especially when Team Galactic approaches you and they say that they're looking for "alternate energy sources" in the beginning of the game, but Rowan wasn't evil. Similarly, studying the origins of Pokemon? Cyrus was "studying" the origins of the universe. He and Cynthia were both studying the myths of the Creation Trio.

Studying Pokémon "Strengths" is nothing more than an ambiguous term that can be interpreted based on prior expectations. Besides, news of a second battle facility and the recent trailer showing Akuroma in that stage suggest the facility is his to study Pokemon strengths.

Now being described as "friend or foe" that's what should get your radar beeping. I doubt Game Freak has gotten so good at writing that they can make us believe Akuroma is evil, and then show us he's good at the end. They pretty much failed at trying to show how some people do abuse Pokemon, but overall people and Pokemon were better off together in BW.

Something I noticed from the dex numbers: it seems like we'll be encountering a lot of non-Unova Pokemon very early in the game.

I'll give the website a once-over for anything good.

* Hiougi City is in the southwest of Unova.
* The caption for a still image of the underwater passage seen in the video mentions a Mantine visible in the water overhead - Mantine might therefore be in the new Unovadex, dunno if it's already been confirmed.
* The text on the story page directly mentions the ice sheet and asks aloud what might have caused it, so it may be an actual game story element rather than a device to hide parts of the map which are changed significantly after all.

If you look at the Vs. sprite image of Homika, there's a Koffing at the back of her stage. I'm guessing Koffing may be in this game.

So...is Unova ACTUALLY covered in ice? The ice looked a lot more fitting on the map this time, but I still can't say for certain...

Also, I still think it's suspicious how Achroma is basically hiding his right hand in his art.

The new facilities look great! I'm SO HYPED right now!! Love the trainer animations, too. The vid gave me shivers, to be honest. <3

Akuroma is definitely a villain now man. o_o; No man can look that creepy and be a good guy. And official art, yay~ Now we just need default names. I hope we can name the rival this time around...

So...is Unova ACTUALLY covered in ice? The ice looked a lot more fitting on the map this time, but I still can't say for certain...

Also, I still think it's suspicious how Achroma is basically hiding his right hand in his art.

The new facilities look great! I'm SO HYPED right now!! Love the trainer animations, too. The vid gave me shivers, to be honest. <3

His facial structure is nothing like Ghetsis, and we know from concept art that Ghetsis' right eye is scarred. Really, I think if he managed to hide everything else, his arm would be nothing and would really only require a glove given he's wearing long sleeves, and yes, he is wearing a gloves. The arm is being obscured by the coat simply because it was drawn that way, its no more suspicious than the many characters with obscured features.

His facial structure is nothing like Ghetsis, and we know from concept art that Ghetsis' right eye is scarred. Really, I think if he managed to hide everything else, his arm would be nothing and would really only require a glove given he's wearing long sleeves, and yes, he is wearing a gloves. The arm is being obscured by the coat simply because it was drawn that way, its no more suspicious than the many characters with obscured features.
I'm not connecting it to Ghetsis's eye. I'm thinking of his black right arm when I make the connection. And they don't need similar facial structures--the manga art style is one that puts more emphasis on what's inside the face.
I'm just pointing out that Achroma's hand is being obscured in a way that looks, at least to me, highly unnatural.
It looks painful for him to hold his arm that way xD It MAY mean something...it may not :3 Just making an observation, sorry~

I'm not connecting it to Ghetsis's eye. I'm thinking of his black right arm when I make the connection. And they don't need similar facial structures--the manga art style is one that puts more emphasis on what's inside the face.
I'm just pointing out that Achroma's hand is being obscured in a way that looks, at least to me, highly unnatural.
It looks painful for him to hold his arm that way xD It MAY mean something...it may not :3 Just making an observation, sorry~

I know you're not comparing it to his eye >_>

I was pointing out that there are more obvious features that would give Ghetsis away, given that we don't even know if anything is wrong with his left arm other than ambiguous colouring in the opening scene (which by the way, could be a result of shadows). And really, I don't see the point in making a comparison if you're going to discount the biggest evidence against the comparison. We might as well go back to when someone was saying Cilan was Ghetsis because of his hair colour. I mean yes, change everything else except the hair.

Also, who was talking about the manga art style? Ghetsis' official artwork has his face jaw being more square than Akuroma, who has a very feminine face shape. Not to mention he looks much older.

Woot! Trailer!
Things are looking even more interesting, and if normal trainers get animated sprites as well, that will give us one step closer to the ultimate pokemon experience...whatever that is (really it just reminds me of Col/XD). Anyway, WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE A MONTH BETWEEN APRIL AND JUNE T_T

I think you're just extrapolating from your expectations. Studying Pokémon evolution sounds suspicious, especially when Team Galactic approaches you and they say that they're looking for "alternate energy sources" in the beginning of the game, but Rowan wasn't evil. Similarly, studying the origins of Pokemon? Cyrus was "studying" the origins of the universe. He and Cynthia were both studying the myths of the Creation Trio.

Studying Pokémon "Strengths" is nothing more than an ambiguous term that can be interpreted based on prior expectations. Besides, news of a second battle facility and the recent trailer showing Akuroma in that stage suggest the facility is his to study Pokemon strengths.

Now being described as "friend or foe" that's what should get your radar beeping. I doubt Game Freak has gotten so good at writing that they can make us believe Akuroma is evil, and then show us he's good at the end. They pretty much failed at trying to show how some people do abuse Pokemon, but overall people and Pokemon were better off together in BW.

Rowan wasn't evil but it says no where that Akuroma is the new professor, which is why in my interpretation he's evil. Sure studying studying Pokemon strengths doesn't exactly mean that, but that's just my interpretation. The facility could be used as placed where he studies Pokemon strengths but we don't know what could be using those Pokemon for. It could be that he's testing strengths in order to try to take over Unova or it could be a professor who's just very intimidating like Rowan. Though like I said, that's how I look at it.

I hope that we can catch eevee and riolu, that would be so epic to have an eeveelution team

I wasn't much of a fan of the male PC at first, but I do have to admit his design is growing on me the more I see him. I'm still not really a big fan of the female, but I never play as a girl anyway, so thats no problem to me.

I love how the trailer fails to show any Unova Pokemon's (other than Black Kyurem and White Kyurem) regular sprite. Back sprite never changes, but regular does, so I'm curios to see if they do change.
Oh, and if you translate the site with your computer, the starting city is called "Blackberry Lily City."
Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look boss in the trailer with the 3D stuff, and the sprites. I find it interesting how they never revert from overdrive throughout the entire cycle. At one point, Black Kyurem rears up and seems to clap his hands.

At one point, Black Kyurem rears up and seems to clap his hands.

*Claps hands* "Yup, Imma Ice Beam EVERYTHING you love. Not even the baby Pokemon shall be spared" :p

Something I noticed from the dex numbers: it seems like we'll be encountering a lot of non-Unova Pokemon very early in the game.
Yeah, I noticed that too. At first I thought that it would just be a case of Unova Pokédex + Old Pokémon slapped on at the end (ala Platinum) but we're getting a complete re-ordering now. I do hope they give it an even mix though; there are still a fair few Unova Pokémon I haven't used yet.

The screenshots from this page are interesting.

The crater in one of the shots looks somewhat similar to the Giant Chasm.

So glad to see the trailer and some good shots of the new areas - makes me so much more excited for these games!!

Taking a closer look at the new Unova map and I'm still not convinced about that ice being more than a fancy cover-up... to me, if it were part of the map, it would taper off at the brown edges just like the rest of the map, but it doesn't - to me, that says that it is not part of the map.

Also, I don't see a beach anywhere or any kind-of "Pacifidlog-esque" area that resembles the shots where the Water Leader comes from. My best guess is that the Poison Leader is the Gym Leader of the coastal city, due to the three large chimneys and factories - seems like the perfect Poison environment to me (like the town in "Sparks Fly For Magnemite"). Also, looking at that same city, there seem to be two large buildings at the north part of it, one of them (possibly both) looking a bit like stadiums - could be her Gym?

Now... if I were to place a "Pacifidlog-esque" are anywhere in Unova, it would be Route 17//Route 18. The new island off of Castelia City, in my opinion, will be accessible from one of their ports. I reckon that one would travel round from the starting city, to the second town and then to the port town - first Gym battle - which leads to the underwater tunnel, taking round to the Route 17//Route 18 area (with an access port up to Castelia City) and possible access to that new island as a part of that trip, maybe (just thinking out loud here). That would leads to Gym battle number 2 and then into the regular parts of Unova.
I did have a theory that after the new port city, one would travel directly to Driftveil from there, but I don't see that one happening.

Looking at the ice on the pic, if you look up by Undella Town, near where Undella Bay is, you can clearly make out some new islands up there. So, it could also be possible that the Water Gym is located up around here. Given the info about his character - caring, big brother, advice-giver, etc - I wonder if, as a player, you maybe encounter him multiple times throughout the game before battling him? This would support the theory of his Gym being near (or perhaps even in given the developmental expansion of the region) Undella Town.
Also, the mountain that stretches between Lacunosa Town and Black City//White Forest, which now has some kind of civilisation in it, there seems to be a similar object to the plane from Mistralton City there and a cave entrance - I wonder if, after reaching Mistralton, you get flown there and have to go through the cave to reach whatever town//city has been built there?

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the map changes - thanks for reading x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom