• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Beta

Will there be a Black and White Beta?

• Yes, a Black and White Beta will be shown with more detail then the videos we have seen.

Votes: 50 41.0%
  • No, there will not be a Black and White Beta and we will be forced to wait until the release.

Votes: 72 59.0%

• Total voters
It's not a month old yet!

Since this thread has basically turned into a beta elements thread, I'm going to say a few things.

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" --Albus Dumbledore

In all seriousness, I actually did notice some things. First, that Hiun City beta thing I don't think is beta. I think it is part of that "places look different in each game" thing. We've seen at least 2 more "revamps" of Hiun City, all of them looking different.

What I found that is probably beta (unless it's another version difference) is a new VS sprite for the male player character.

Before (earlier trailer with roller coaster gym):
2a7sqj6.png

After (PS300):
2wom611.png

Yeah, they're still working on it after all, but they don't have much time left. They must make a final build soon so that they can start mass producing copies of it.

We have a set release date now. There is no delay. With that date two months away, there is almost no chance that's going to change.

I'm sure there will. The games aren't even done yet.

Very rarely do games see delays like that anymore...

Yeah, according to one book that I read on the subject, companies will, instead of missing a deadline, hack away parts of the game that are not completed.

But they've been working on this for four years now, so I don't think it'll really be that much of a problem. The stakes are too high for them to really make any mistakes.

HGSS entered Development once DP were released, I doubt BW have been in development for 4 years. 3 years maybe. To be fair, Platinum shouldn't have taken long at all.

I'm certain Black & White were in concept phase right after D/P. Maybe not in actual development of the programming and construction, but definitely in the abstract (ideas, concepts, dicussions, art). It's not impossible to think that there'd be multiple people or multiple teams taking care of different priorities. At the very least, these games were being developed along side HGSS. And if I had to wager a guess, they've already been working on the next iteration/version (including talks of which console it'll be on).

I, for one, am almost certain that Ken has been developing new pokemon and characters for a new generation pretty much right after he finished all the ones for Gen IV. After all, it's kind of his job to design most of the things, so I don't see why they wouldn't have had him working on it for the years we've been in Gen IV.

Well, I think we will see something closer to the final build in next month's demo. We're actually being way too harsh on them for changing just one flipping sprite. What if the rest of the game was finalized? What if these vids WERE the final build? They are having a demo in August, so it could be true. We've never had the demo not be a small snippet of what the final build is.

EDIT: If you're going to throw the G/S beta demo at me, then I will reiterate there was not a finalized release date for that at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love a playable demo on the Nintendo Channel.

Heck yeah. That would be amazing.

And, about the sprite thing, dang. It's a stinking sprite. It also happened in FR/LG, D/P, Platinum, and HGSS, off the top of my head. It's not that big of a thing.

I would really like to play a demo of Black & White. Though it is coming out first in Japan. The beta version of Black & White will most likely come out near the release of Black & White, so people can see what types of features are in the game before they actually do buy it.

You mean the demo? That's in August in Japan.

We'll get to play the English version at a Celebi event next year.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom