• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black and White Help thread

I'm curious about something right now...taking a random pokemon as an example:

So Kumashun (Kumasyun) has the ability Snow Cloak and dream world ability Jitter. While it's evo Tsunbear has the ability Snow Cloak and dream world ability Swift Swim.

Will a Kumashun with the dream world ability Jitter evolve into a Tsunbear with Snow Cloak or it's dream world counterpart Swift Swim?

The same idea goes for every evolving pokemon with a dream world ability.

I'm curious about something right now...taking a random pokemon as an example:

So Kumashun (Kumasyun) has the ability Snow Cloak and dream world ability Jitter. While it's evo Tsunbear has the ability Snow Cloak and dream world ability Swift Swim.

Will a Kumashun with the dream world ability Jitter evolve into a Tsunbear with Snow Cloak or it's dream world counterpart Swift Swim?

The same idea goes for every evolving pokemon with a dream world ability.

if you have a pre-evolved pokemon with a dream world ability when the pokemon evoles it will have have the dream world ability that its suppose to have not the ability the pre-evolved had

Does anyone know why my Pokemon White suddenly wont connect to Wi-Fi? i keep getting the error message that says it wont connect, and my Pokemon Pearl worked the other day just fine on the wi-fi, but my White refuses to connect, i wanna get my Liberty Ticket (probably my last one), can adding another device to the wi-fi mess with it because my dad bought my mom a new Laptop and connected this new computer to it, and now my White wont connect. Help

Edit: it still wond do it ive tried evrything and im really frustrated and the game worked fine with my Wi-Fi for weeks, and now it wont connect, my dad swears he didnt change anything about the wi-fi, the error message is 52000, ans i do the dame as usual, Go to Mystery Gift, select Get From Wi-Fi and it procedes to try to connect, it looks ok for a minute, then it suddenly turrns red and i get the error message, is anybody else having trouble? I just wanna get that last Ticket

Edit 2: It apper to be a bigger problem as my Black Version will not connect to the wi-fi either, so it appears my, wi-fi is " rejecting" my 5th gen games, but the 4th generation games will connect, as my HeartGold dowloaded 10th Anni Mew quite happily, any help fixing this would be appreciated,

Last edited:

Does anyone know why my Pokemon White suddenly wont connect to Wi-Fi? i keep getting the error message that says it wont connect, and my Pokemon Pearl worked the other day just fine on the wi-fi, but my White refuses to connect, i wanna get my Liberty Ticket (probably my last one), can adding another device to the wi-fi mess with it because my dad bought my mom a new Laptop and connected this new computer to it, and now my White wont connect. Help

hmm i don't see why it would be a problem adding a new device shouldn't be a issue. Make sure that nothing has changed with the wifi IE the password or the type of the wifi WEP, WPA, etc. that is most likely the issue. But if your still able to connect with pearl and not white then umm i have no clue what to say white shouldn't be giving you any difficulty's if your pearl is working fine

This is more of a computer question, but it revolves around me wanting to go on the Dream World...

My TalkTalk router is WPA, so I changed it to WEP, however, I keep on getting a 51200 error, which Nintendo says means I should put the details in manually by going on command prompt and finding them out, which I did. However, even after I put everything in, I kept on getting the same error messages. Help?

I try to change the seasons, by changing the month on my DSlite, but the season doesn't change when I go back to the game. Could I be doing something wrong? Do I actually have to wait a month?

I try to change the seasons, by changing the month on my DSlite, but the season doesn't change when I go back to the game. Could I be doing something wrong? Do I actually have to wait a month?

Yes, you have to wait the month. There is no exploit for changing the seasons.

Dang it! Thanks for letting me know though.

Actually, you can change the seasons. To change them yourself, you have to change the date to the 1st of the next month. The season will change when you enter/leave a building.

Actually, you can change the seasons. To change them yourself, you have to change the date to the 1st of the next month. The season will change when you enter/leave a building.

Oh, that's interesting... I apologize for the misinformation.

Just one note on this, if you change the date you have to wait 24 hours till you can access the dream world because of it *just a detail i'd thought was relevant*

I'm having issues getting my pokemon i encountered in the dream world to my game.
I encounter them and befriend them. then i go to the tree, choose a berry and the pokemon. so i go into my house and its on the board with the list of pokemon i've befriended so i assume all i need to do now is just sync my game back up and the pokemon will download. so i do that and nothing happens i just get the pokemon i sent back.

so can anyone please help me

Last edited:
Re: The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

I'm stuck in the game for the first time. Black, that is. Does anyone know what to do after you encounter N and that legendary? This is right after you get the ice gym leader's badge. I'm really not sure how to get to the next town...

As said in the FAQ on the first page, you go to that Ancient Castle.

I really want to get this cleared up. Some people say the new exp system is that the exp received is dependent on Pokémon's level compared to the one they just defeated, and some say that if two Pokémon are battling, then the exp that each one gets is proportional to their level. I know that the second one is true from playing the game myself, but I haven't noticed the first one so much (that's not to say it isn't true though - I just don't have any overtrained Pokémon, so I wouldn't notice it.) So, are there two new exp systems, or just one?

I'm having issues getting my pokemon i encountered in the dream world to my game.
I encounter them and befriend them. then i go to the tree, choose a berry and the pokemon. so i go into my house and its on the board with the list of pokemon i've befriended so i assume all i need to do now is just sync my game back up and the pokemon will download. so i do that and nothing happens i just get the pokemon i sent back.

so can anyone please help me

You have to go to the high-link now I think. There is a forrest type area in it that should have your pokemon that you befriended to catch in that part.

You have to go to the high-link now I think. There is a forrest type area in it that should have your pokemon that you befriended to catch in that part.

Yes. To get to High Link, you must be outside, and go into the C-Gear. Under Wireless, there should be an option to "High Link."

Global Link keeps on throwing out my Game Sync Code...why?
vesu83.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom