• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it confirmed there is no longer a auto lv.100 feature for wifi anymore??

Technician adds a 50% to the base power of a move under 60.
Acrobat doubles it is base 55 power if the pokemon is not holding a item

so which goes first?

So is it confirmed there is no longer a auto lv.100 feature for wifi anymore??

It was already confirmed long ago: when you go to the Wi-Fi Club, the only available modes for level adjustment are Free (no auto-level) and Flat Battle.

Xellos-_^ said:
Acrobat doubles it is base 55 power if the pokemon is not holding a item

so which goes first?

Technician first, then the condition not holding an item: 55 * 1.5 = 82.5 ~ 82 * 2 = 164.

What about if the Pokemon gets STAB? Would it be STAB -> Technician -> condition?

This would have been a cool move for Scyther. Too bad only his evolution Scizor can learn it.

What about if the Pokemon gets STAB? Would it be STAB -> Technician -> condition?

This would have been a cool move for Scyther. Too bad only his evolution Scizor can learn it.

STAB isn't factored in the damage formula until every other effect (by ability, held item, purpose of a move, weather condition, etc.) is applied, so it would increase further the base power in that situation.

Is it possible to have Pokémon outside of the Isshu Pokédex at the beginning of the game?

For example, if I were to use a friend's game to trade over an egg to my game that would hatch into a non-Isshu Pokémon, would that work as it does in Generation IV games?

Is it possible to have Pokémon outside of the Isshu Pokédex at the beginning of the game?

For example, if I were to use a friend's game to trade over an egg to my game that would hatch into a non-Isshu Pokémon, would that work as it does in Generation IV games?

Technically, yes it would work. Your dex just wouldn't register it.

Anyone know if there are any other ways to breed a nattorei with stealth rock and leech seed?? I can't find a torterra with stealth rock and leech seed to breed with.

It's easy. Get a male Turtwig, Grotle, or Torterra in Generation IV and teach it the TM for Stealth Rock. Also teach it Leech Seed. Transfer it to B/W and breed it with a female Narrotei. There you go.

With a mustache.

It's easy. Get a male Turtwig, Grotle, or Torterra in Generation IV and teach it the TM for Stealth Rock. Also teach it Leech Seed. Transfer it to B/W and breed it with a female Narrotei. There you go.

With a mustache.

you are not listening.

In B/W there the Turtwig line does not have access to SR since there is no more SR TM. Therefore SR will not pass down form the Turwig line. If you don't believed it go try it.

you are not listening.

In B/W there the Turtwig line does not have access to SR since there is no more SR TM. Therefore SR will not pass down form the Turwig line. If you don't believed it go try it.

You're the one that isn't understanding: both Stealth Rock and Leech Seed are egg moves for Tesshiido in BW, so he was speaking of make a Generation IV male Turtwig learn Stealth Rock by TM and Leech Seed by level, then transfer it via PokéShifter to BW and breed it with a female Tesshiido/Nattorei to get those moves on a hatched Tesshiido. I know because that's exactly what I did with my own Tesshiido breeding project.

you are not listening.

You don't get it. Tesshido gets Leech Seed and Stealth Rock as egg moves. This means that if the father knows Leech Seed and Stealth Rock, regardless of how it learned those moves, then the offspring Tesshido will know Leech Seed and Stealth Rock. It's true that the Turtwig line can't learn Stealth Rock in B/W, but it can in D/P/P/HG/SS, and that's what counts. As I said, just teach it Stealth Rock in Generation IV and transfer it on to Generation V. It doesn't lose Stealth Rock in the transfer or anything. That's how you get a Turtwig, Grotle, or Torterra with Stealth Rock in B/W. After that, provided it's male, it's just a matter of making sure it's learned Leech Seed (which of course it gets by leveling up), and breeding it with a female Tesshido or Nattorei.

EDIT: Having read more of this thread, I have two things to say. One, I have been ninja'd. And two, Scyther can't learn Acrobat, but Scizor can?! What gives?

With a mustache.

Last edited:
You're the one that isn't understanding: both Stealth Rock and Leech Seed are egg moves for Tesshiido in BW, so he was speaking of make a Generation IV male Turtwig learn Stealth Rock by TM and Leech Seed by level, then transfer it via PokéShifter to BW and breed it with a female Tesshiido/Nattorei to get those moves on a hatched Tesshiido. I know because that's exactly what I did with my own Tesshiido breeding project.

You don't get it. Tesshido gets Leech Seed and Stealth Rock as egg moves. This means that if the father knows Leech Seed and Stealth Rock, regardless of how it learned those moves, then the offspring Tesshido will know Leech Seed and Stealth Rock. It's true that the Turtwig line can't learn Stealth Rock in B/W, but it can in D/P/P/HG/SS, and that's what counts. As I said, just teach it Stealth Rock in Generation IV and transfer it on to Generation V. It doesn't lose Stealth Rock in the transfer or anything. That's how you get a Turtwig, Grotle, or Torterra with Stealth Rock in B/W. After that, provided it's male, it's just a matter of making sure it's learned Leech Seed (which of course it gets by leveling up), and breeding it with a female Tesshido or Nattorei.

EDIT: Having read more of this thread, I have two things to say. One, I have been ninja'd. And two, Scyther can't learn Acrobat, but Scizor can?! What gives?

With a mustache.

my mistake then, i thought since the Turwig lines doesn't have access to SR, the game mechanic would ignore it when it comes passing it down to the spike ball.

As long as the father has the move and the baby can learn it, the baby gets it. Whether or not the father should have the move is irrelevant. Which isn't even a problem in this case, as already stated.

Now for my question: What do you do with the three envelopes you get on Route 13?

Now for my question: What do you do with the three envelopes you get on Route 13?

Talk to the girl with the Wingull on the bridge. She'll give you something (although off the top of my head, I can't remember what).

As long as the father has the move and the baby can learn it, the baby gets it. Whether or not the father should have the move is irrelevant. Which isn't even a problem in this case, as already stated.

So I can hack a Psyduck with extrasensory, energy ball, and hypnosis and Vulpix would be born with those moves?

So I can hack a Psyduck with extrasensory, energy ball, and hypnosis and Vulpix would be born with those moves?

Of course: the game does not keep track of which Pokémon should have which moves or checks the legality of the Pokémon when you're breeding two species.

Moreover, Energy Ball isn't anymore an egg move for Vulpix in BW, but you can teach to it via TM, the opposite of what you could do in Generation IV games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom