• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to go back into N's Castle after beating Geechisu?

Will PokeShifted Pokemon include the date they originated, or just the date they were transferred?

Thanks in advance. Please only answer if you're 100% sure.

Will PokeShifted Pokemon include the date they originated, or just the date they were transferred?

Thanks in advance. Please only answer if you're 100% sure.
A Pokémon that has been PokéShifted will only display the date when the Pokemon was transferred to Black/White, and the location will be Johto (for HGSS transfers - even if the Pokémon was obtained in Kanto) and Sinnoh (DPt).

I thought Pokemon that had been Pal Parked would have their locations shown as Kanto or Hoenn depending on the game?

I thought Pokemon that had been Pal Parked would have their locations shown as Kanto or Hoenn depending on the game?

Yeah, and Ryu Shoji was talking about Pokémon that you get specifically from a HGSS location (hatched, traded or caught), not Generation III species that have been migrated from RSEFRLG to HGSS. In short, all HGSS-native Pokémon display Johto/ジョウト as their location even if they were gotten in a HGSS Kanto location such as ROTOM's Room, Pallet Town or Celadon Condominiums.

Pal Parked Pokémon display 'Hoenn' if they were gotten in RSE (even if they were caught in Navel Rock, Birth Island or Faraway Island) and 'Kanto' for FRLG (again, the same applies to the Sevii Islands, Navel Rock and Birth Island). DPt Pokémon display 'Sinnoh' regardless of whether they were hatched in the Distortion World or not, etc.

Last edited:
This is actually a sort of general question I'm asking out of sheer curiousity rather than difficulty.

The evolution levels are notably higher in B/W than in previous games; something I really like. Does this have a direct impact on the difficulty of the game? For example, Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54. Does having the significantly weaker Washibon up into higher levels make for a more challenging game or does it have no effect?

For the 4th gen games, there is an auto-leveling feature for battles over WiFi, but not for wireless. Is there auto-leveling for wireless in Black and White or is it the same as the 4th Gen still?

This is actually a sort of general question I'm asking out of sheer curiousity rather than difficulty.

The evolution levels are notably higher in B/W than in previous games; something I really like. Does this have a direct impact on the difficulty of the game? For example, Washibon evolves into Wargle at level 54. Does having the significantly weaker Washibon up into higher levels make for a more challenging game or does it have no effect?

Well, when taking into account the fact that it'd be rather tedious to take something as weak as Washibon and manage to train all the way until it's level 54, then yes. And there are a lack of grinding locations pre-E4. However, it's just as easy as it's ever been to simply attach an EXP Share to a weaker Pokemon and have a stronger Pokemon do all the work - easier, in fact, thanks to the new EXP system, which will give weaker Pokemon more experience than stronger Pokemon, unlike in past games where experience was divided equally.

For the 4th gen games, there is an auto-leveling feature for battles over WiFi, but not for wireless. Is there auto-leveling for wireless in Black and White or is it the same as the 4th Gen still?

Actually, HGSS had an auto-leveling feature for Wireless, and it does indeed return to Black and White.

I've been trying for about 20 minutes now to find Kyurem in the Giant Hole. How does one get to the stairs in the plains?

You need to go to the pond in the center of the plains.

Oh, derrr. Thanks much!

Also, would it's overworld sprite in the cave be shiny or not?

Last edited:
WPA?

I did a search of this forum and couldn't find anything relating to this at all. I was just wondering whether the games worked with the WPA encrytpion on WiFi? And if they do can you use your DSi? Or does it need to be a DSiXL?

~harryheart

If it supported WPA, it would be on both DSIs. I can't confirm, due to only having a original DS.

Sometimes, when I'm using GTS Negotiation, some people have words on their trainer cards that change color. Is that something only possible through hacking? I've noticed that those people are more likely to put hacks up for trade...

Recoil and passive damage don't break Zoroark's illusion. Only direct damage from attacks can break it.

Do IVs and EVs of your Gen IV pokes transfer over when you use the PokeShifter? I was SR'ing the event Raikou today when I realized that it might become moot in a couple months if IVs get reset in Gen V...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom