• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do IVs and EVs of your Gen IV pokes transfer over when you use the PokeShifter? I was SR'ing the event Raikou today when I realized that it might become moot in a couple months if IVs get reset in Gen V...

They will transfer over perfectly. What its IVs and EVs are in Gen IV will be that in Gen V.

I've been trying to High Link with my other DS[foreveralone;_;] and I can't seem to get it right. How does one do it step-by-step?

I have access to Raimon City, so that's no problem.
I go to the main High Link area with both games.
I wait for a signal next to the barriers, but I never get one.

What's the problem?

Bit of a dilemma...

Ok, so just before the entire pokedex for Generation V was fully released, I decided to stop looking at all the released species so that it would be a surprise when I got the English version of the game. However, this means that I am left not knowing what types are abundant or rare in Unova and if they are useful. Basically, I'm asking if Unova has a wide variety of, for instance, Ice and Fire types (which were brought down in Gen IV) or if it is just flooded with Water (pun unintended) and Normal types that act as filler space for the new 156 because they ran out of ideas.

If anybody could give me (or anyone else with the same issue) an idea of what types appear more in Unova without giving away species' pics/specs it would be very much appreciated!

Re: Bit of a dilemma...

Moving to the BW forum, thought either way this belonged in a Help thread. :-/

Only types that are rather low is Ice, as expected, and Poison.

There's a decent amount of Fire Pokemon, including two non-Starter two-stage lines you can obtain before the middle of the game, and actually not too many Water-types, unless you Surf (which is optional most of the time).

The most abundant type is probably Grass, followed by Bug types (which don't suck any longer).

If anybody could give me (or anyone else with the same issue) an idea of what types appear more in Unova without giving away species' pics/specs it would be very much appreciated!

The exact quantities of each individual type present in Unova (ignoring alternate forms) are as follows:

• Bug — 18
  • Dark — 16
  • Dragon — 10
  • Electric — 11
  • Fighting — 15
  • Fire — 15
  • Flying — 18
  • Ghost — 9
  • Grass — 20
  • Ground — 11
  • Ice — 7
  • Normal — 17
  • Poison — 7
  • Psychic — 15
  • Rock — 10
  • Steel — 12
  • Water — 17

Will that be all, sir?

alright i got a email recently from the global link website about a birthday togekiss well i obviously can't read japaense and serebii doesn't show where to go to get the togekiss. my b-day isn't for another week, not sure why i got a early email then, but where do i go on the site to get the togekiss when the time comes

Not that I think it would be useful, but is there a way to get both Fire Dance and Flare Blitz on Ulgamoth? It's pre-evolution learns Flare Blitz at level 100, while Fire Dance is learned by Ulgamoth at 100 as well.

So upon hitting that level, would Meraruba learn Flare Blitz, let it evolve, then Ulgamoth would try to learn Fire Dance?

I just realized I could do the good old breeding method of having both the mother and father Meraruba with Flare Blitz, but seems like too much effort considering its level 100. A moth that can raise three of its stats, and have a powerful fire move that also has a 50% chance of raising its stat, and then healing? Scary.

alright i got a email recently from the global link website about a birthday togekiss well i obviously can't read japaense and serebii doesn't show where to go to get the togekiss. my b-day isn't for another week, not sure why i got a early email then, but where do i go on the site to get the togekiss when the time comes

kiera2 said:
Again, the ID you use to log into PGL is a Daisuki Club ID. The sign-up page looks familiar because it IS the sign-up page you used to get the Daisuki Club ID you now use to log into PGL. Go to this page and you should be able to log in with the same ID and password in the top right. Once you've logged in, click your avatar in the top left to see your profile and messages. Look for a message that says おたんじょうびおめでとう (Happy Birthday). If you've got one, click on it, then click the big red button in the message, then click on the door. You'll get a birthday party animation, Togekiss will appear, then a bunch of links will appear on-screen. The one with the PGL logo will take you to PGL; once you log in there you should automatically be shown the Togekiss event sequence.

I just have to game sync to get my Togekiss =3

Okay, noticing moves that Bulbapedia says Chatot needs to be chain-bred Sleeptalk, but its parent is a Chatot. How does that work out? I noticed in the old games, Chatot learns Sleep Talk through TM, is that how it works?

Okay, noticing moves that Bulbapedia says Chatot needs to be chain-bred Sleeptalk, but its parent is a Chatot. How does that work out? I noticed in the old games, Chatot learns Sleep Talk through TM, is that how it works?

Correct: you employ the TM on a DPtHGSS Chatot and then trade it to BW to use it as the father, passing down Sleep Talk in the process. In fact, any Flying-egg group male Pokémon that can learn the move through the Emerald Move Tutor or by means of the Generation IV TM can be used as the father in BW.

It shows up on the site, once you go through the Daisuki club website and do the stuff it tells you to, you get a sequence where it appears.

If the PP of a move iss reduced in Gen V, would a poke imported from Gen IV that already knew the move suffer the reduction? What about the base power?

For example:
Hi Jump Kick is bred via egg moves onto Hitmonchan in Gen IV. It has 20 PP in this gen and a base power of 100.

Hitmonchan gets pokeshifted to Gen V. Is the base power increased to 130 and PP decreased to 10, or is the PP only decreased on moves *learned* in Gen V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom