• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a way of seeing the other version's eagle/vulture line other than trading, I remember reading that it's a problem in BW.

Darn... Anyway... I suppose I have to trade to get Tornadus onto White anyway... But still,... That SSUUCCKKSS :complain::complain::complain:

Yes. If you take 16 days or more of real time to get there, it will definitely be empty. Also, people can leave on the 4th, 6th and 14th days of play.
Timetravelling forward or back uses up more days, for example jumping forward a month'll speed past 30 days and certainly kill it.
Wait what? How do I make it unempty, because I had to put the game away.

EDIT: I got to Black City early but decided not to save because I knew if I did I'd never stop playing T_T

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm whether or not you can catch corphish in white forest? The pedia says you can, but I've been surfing for a good while now and all I've found so far are nothing but surskits and lotads(this one isn't listed as being obtainable according to the white forest page). Corphish is listed as common so I wasn't expecting to be surfing for this long.

Where do you buy Quick Balls. I'm trying to catch Tornadus the god of wind and having a hard tiem doing so. I already False Swiped and Paralysed him

How does one find a shiny in B/W?
It hasn't changed from prior generations. You have to keep looking through grass, and I don't believe there is a substitute for chaining like in D/P/Pt. From what I have heard is that the Masuda Method rate has been increased. ;)

It hasn't changed from prior generations. You have to keep looking through grass, and I don't believe there is a substitute for chaining like in D/P/Pt. From what I have heard is that the Masuda Method rate has been increased. ;)

I've heard the Masuda Method isn't programmed in. O_O

Can someone please answer my question? It's in White btw, so no Black City.

You could always grind on Route 10 Audino, but there's really not anywhere else. (well there's small court and big field, but meh)

You could always grind on Route 10 Audino, but there's really not anywhere else. (well there's small court and big field, but meh)
He said after the level 60 trainers were beaten, so there's also Audino on the later routes, I personally like the patch by Route 14's southern exit. You can find Wigglytoughs and other things there though, though they're rare.
I've heard the Masuda Method isn't programmed in. O_O
Well uhh... it's been called the Masuda Method since it was revealed by one of the designers of the game, so I don't know why they'd have reason to lie about it.
Can anyone confirm whether or not you can catch corphish in white forest? The pedia says you can, but I've been surfing for a good while now and all I've found so far are nothing but surskits and lotads(this one isn't listed as being obtainable according to the white forest page). Corphish is listed as common so I wasn't expecting to be surfing for this long.
Of course you can--so long as you have Carlos, Ken, Ami or Vincent in your Forest, that is. The Pokemon you can catch there are dependant on the people there. Woopers can also be caught in the water if you have specific people there. All are common so long as you have the right person there, and impossible otherwise.
wtf, seriously?! no love for us college students who have other priorities? T_T

could one simply go back a few days to prolong the 16th day from coming? also, if one by chance can't reach Black City within that limit, is it desolate for good? like will using the entralink with White be null & void?
By the 15th day you only have a 3% chance of there being one person there anyway, and only a 0.1% chance of there being two people. (Not any chance of a third.) So do try to reach it before the 14th, where you have roughly a 50% chance of each person still being there.

Going back a few days will probably just cause it to count more days, for example if you started on the 6th... 6th(day 1)... 16th(day 11), 17th(day 12), skip back to 7th(day 13), 8th(day 14), skip back to 7th(day 15), etc...

You could try always playing on the same date, setting the time back before it could tick over to another day. I can't confirm that'd fool it though.

You can always add people (up to a maximum of 10) to your Forest/City by visiting someone else'S WORLD, and letting the people in someone else's City/Forest come to your Forest/City, but there's no guarantee any other person's world will even have anyone to let you bring back, since you can only bring back people who have already left the City/Forest.
Wait what? How do I make it unempty, because I had to put the game away.

EDIT: I got to Black City early but decided not to save because I knew if I did I'd never stop playing T_T
You have to crossover into someone else's world who is playing the opposite version, and there you can talk to people who've left the opposite City/Forest and bring them back to your Forest/City. There's no other way than restarting, afaik.
If I recall correctly, you can encounter some in the puddles outside of Pinwheel Forrest.
Not as far as I know. The guidebook doesn't mention any either.

I'm not sure about this. After trading with three people, I was told by him that I'd actually traded with five. The Celebi and Shiny Beasts that I'd brought forwards would account for an additional one trainer ID (since they all have the same ID, I think), so I'm not sure what the last one is... perhaps it's just my own?

The dialogue is quite misleading in that case, but I can't think of any other explanation.

I think it counts in-game trades.

Is there any way to re-battle trainers? I've already battled most of the level 60 pokemon trainers and my pokemon are still in the 50's and 40's in level. If you can't re-battle them is there any way to can train your pokemon or do you just have to battle wild Audino?

You can battle Trainers every day at the Big Stadium, Small Court, & Ferris wheel in Nimbasa; on board the Royal Unova; and in the Battle House in Opelucid.

Well uhh... it's been called the Masuda Method since it was revealed by one of the designers of the game, so I don't know why they'd have reason to lie about it.

Uh... I meant in Gen V. There is so far no proof it exist in B/W, at least as far as I've heard.

Uh... I meant in Gen V. There is so far no proof it exist in B/W, at least as far as I've heard.

Many shiny hunters on Youtube got their shiny pokemons hatched with this method in their videos.

And I got a shiny Snivy by breeding a Japan Sniby with English Ditto

What's a good level for my pokemon to be at before I get to the Elite 4? I'm in Victory Road now and my pokemon team is Samurott (49), Simisear (45), Galvantula (46), Musharna (45), Crustle (45), and Swoobat (45). How much more should I level them up?

Also after I beat the E4 will N take me directly to his castle or do I have to go there myself because I wanna level up before I have to battle him and Ghetsis.

Last edited:
all mine were at level 48 and I had little trouble.

I'm sure this has been asked before. How does the entralink work? Does it work over wi-fi? or does it work with another person near you. also, I have White, so how do you enter someones world and go to black city to get people in White Forest? This is very confusing to me.

If a Minccino with technician uses tail slap (technician and STAB combined) would it effectively have 75 power or am I doing the math wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom