• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketch

Vintage
Reaction score
Use this thread for any questions you have. Try to be as clear as possible when asking for help.

Now, some questions will be asked multiple times. To cover these consistent issues, we have here a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) that will hopefully solve your problems.
Q: Where do I go after I beat Team Plasma in the Dragon Spiral Tower?

A: The Ancient Castle in the Resort Desert. It's off to the left of the main desert and surrounded by hihidaruma statues.

Q: I cannot Pokeshift my pokemon from my Gen IV games! What's up?

A: You have to use games of the same language. English and Japanese carts will not communicate.

Q: How long can I spend on the Dream World? And how many pokemon can I encounter?

A: 1 hour a day, for now. And multiple.

Q: So how about those area evolutions?

A:
Magnezone and Probopass = Electric Rock Cave.
Leafeon = Yaguruma Forest.
Glaceon = Ridge Basement.

Q: What about forme changes?

A: Deoxys = Shippou City Museum - Meteorite.
Rotom = Route 9 Department Store. Extra room full of boxes - talk to the boxes.
Giratina = After the Elite 4, you get given the Griseous Orb (as well as the other orbs) by the Dark Trinity on Route 16's Bridge.
Shaymin = Kagome Town Pokémon Centre.

This FAQ will grow with time.

If you can research your question before asking here, it makes it easier on everyone. The best sources are generally Bulbapedia and Marriland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Black and White Help thread

Heya there! I'll be the first to ask! Does anyone know whether BW will utilise the WPA conection of the DSi or whether it (similar to DPT) only uses the WEP or no connection at all

Hi, Does anyone have any information as to where hihidaruma's pre-evolution will be catchable in the game?
Also is the wi-fi ability to unlock mystery gifts available from the beginning of the game just like in Heart Gold/Soul Silver?

Thank you in advance for your time

Is it region-locked?

Play-asia says: "DSi Enhanced" titles are usually region locked on DSi Consoles.

Is this true of Black/White? Can I play it on my NTSC DS Lite?

Re: Is it region-locked?

Yes. yes you can play it. It's just locked for the DSi, not DSlite...

Yeah, I got an email from PlayAsia, and they confirmed it is indeed region locked on DSi systems.

Thanks. Actually found the answer after I posted this.

Are you able to use WPA settings on BW?

How do you solve the puzzle in the second Gym (museum, Aloe, etc)?

How do you solve the puzzle in the second Gym (museum, Aloe, etc)?

You have to answer the questions you're asked correctly. But since (I'm assuming) you can't read Japanese... you'll have to guess.

Is there a fairly complete list yet of version exclusive pokemon?

Hi, Does anyone have any information as to where hihidaruma's pre-evolution will be catchable in the game?
Also is the wi-fi ability to unlock mystery gifts available from the beginning of the game just like in Heart Gold/Soul Silver?

Thank you in advance for your time

At the desert, they're pretty common. XD

You have to answer the questions you're asked correctly. But since (I'm assuming) you can't read Japanese... you'll have to guess.

Just choose the first option for everything, make sure that you approach the woman/man on the right half of the gym last.

Aloe's such a pushover!

MY QUESTION: For those who are playing, please clarify my query that the experience points received by a Pokemon upon battling decreases as its level increases?

Example:

At Lv 5, Mijumaru can earn around 18 - 20 EXP by battling a Minezumi at Level 3

At Lv 10, Mijumaru receives the same amount of EXP by battling a Minezumi at Level 5 - 6.

That's always how the system worked.

That's always how the system worked.

Really? During my battle with the first gym, My first try got me around 190 EXP with Yorkie. I lost, and tried the second time, at a much higher level, and it resulted to around 180, and my last time, At Level 14, Miju only earned ~170 - 172 EXP for battling the same Pokemon. Also, there's an unequal distribution of EXP whenever I switch Pokemon or do a double battle with two differently leveled pokemon.

I think that has not happened before until this generation.

I think that has not happened before until this generation.

You're right, it hasn't happened before. The experience yield was the same, it's just that the experience needed to level up just increases drastically after each level (which requires one to want to battle higher levelled Pokemon). In the previous generations a Level 2 Starly would give you the same experience points no matter what your level.

So now we have something that mirrors Final Fantasy Tactics? Where the higher your level the less experience you get? Does that mean the experience need to level up is roughly the same throughout each level (obviously increasing but not as much as before)?

If true, levelling up is going to be a pain this generation (unless it takes less experience points to reach level 100).

If true, levelling up is going to be a pain this generation (unless it takes less experience points to reach level 100).

It's an ass to train, hence, our limitations to the gyms etc.

EDIT: Also, we would most probably say bye bye to the Slow, Erratic, Fast, Medium-Slow rates of raising Pokemon...

Last edited:

Well dman, according to PokeJungle, the Deru Deru power you get from the High Link missions actually increases your EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom