• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black and White Help thread

At the bottom of the C Gear you will see a tini symbol that is like the on off switch on a computer. Press it with a stylus or your finger and the C gear will turn off. I do this all the time cause the C Gear does kill your battery.

I also have a question. I beat Aloe finally and this girl wont let me continue on. I fought all the Plasma people, so what do I have to do next to progress? They stole the Dragon bone do I have to get it back? what do I do next?

also the next city is Huin City right? I need my Victini

Last edited:

Hey, does anyone have a screenshot of the bottom screen they can post?

ru5ima.png

Version if girl is chosen, obviously. Don't have boy one sorry.

I also have a question. I beat Aloe finally and this girl wont let me continue on. I fought all the Plasma people, so what do I have to do next to progress? They stole the Dragon bone do I have to get it back? what do I do next

Go into the forest, and follow the path that veers to the left. Eventually you'll find the Grunt with the Dragonite Skull.

also the next city is Huin City right? I need my Victini

Yes.

Last edited:

Yes, earlier areas.
Are you sure? I spent some time back in earlier parts of the game and have yet to see a single old Pokemon there :/

How do I work the PokéShifter? Just unlocked it, and I'm confused.
Talk to the scientist at the top of the Pokeshifter building, who will make you save your game then let you into the Pokeshifter area. Keep saying 'YES' until information appears on the bottom screen about Download Play, with a picture of the DS menu on the top screen.

Fire up another DS with a Japanese Gen IV game in it, and go to Download Play. Download the Pokeshifter software from your Gen V game. The rest should be straightforward: choose six Pokemon you want to transfer, play the minigame, confirm that you want to transfer them, then choose whether or not to use the Pokeshifter again straight away.

When you're done, the DS with your Gen IV game will tell you to switch it off. Go back to the DS with your Gen V game, and the scientist will congratulate you on a good job. The transferred Pokemon will be in your PC.

Edit:

I ran some brief tests on the new EXP system, just to confirm it for people who are still unsure. I saved just before fighting a trainer with a Lv62 Barboach.

If I use my Lv55 Jarooda to defeat it, she gains 1233 Exp.
If I use my Lv53 Suwan'na to defeat it, he gains 1283 Exp.

If I use my Lv55 Jarooda while my traded Lv27 Prinplup has EXP Share, Jarooda gets 617 Exp, and Prinplup gets 1723 Exp.
If I use my Lv53 Suwan'na while my traded Lv27 Prinplup has EXP Share, Suwan'na gets 642 Exp, and Prinplup gets 1723 Exp.

So rather than there being a set amount of Exp to be gained from defeating a given Pokemon, the amount of Exp gained depends on the level difference between your Pokemon and their Pokemon. My Lv55 Jarooda gains 1233 Exp from defeating the Lv62 Barboach if she does it alone, and half that if she shares the Exp, regardless of what other Pokemon the Exp is shared with. My Prinplup gains the same amount from EXP Share regardless of which Pokemon actually defeats the Barboach, and how much Exp that other Pokemon gains.

This is fantastic for me right now, as I'm levelling up a bunch of weak Pokemon for Pokedex data - earlier on my Lv1 Piplup gained almost 8000 Exp from a single battle and grew to Lv18!

Last edited:

Are you sure? I spent some time back in earlier parts of the game and have yet to see a single old Pokemon there :/

I have seen videos in which people have encountered non-Gen V Pokémon in earlier areas, so they defiantly do.

Also, thanks for doing the tests, this is very interesting to hear.

I made a map of the 海底遺跡 (Ocean Floor Ruins) east of Sasami Town, and figured I might as well share: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/turky_ii/ii/ocean_floor_ruins.jpg

The southern entrance is the one you get to first if you head more or less directly east from the Sasami Pokemon Center.

I've also written down all of the weird glyphs found at the pink squares on the map, but haven't had any luck deciphering them yet.

I have seen videos in which people have encountered non-Gen V Pokémon in earlier areas, so they defiantly do.

Also, thanks for doing the tests, this is very interesting to hear.

Could you post a link to one or two of these videos? I looked on youtube but I can't find anything about catching old pokemon in the game...

In huin city.

Practically go down the road right next to the Pokemon centre. When you go down that road you'll see alot of people walking in a hurry. The building on the right with the big blue screen, go in there. You'll see 2 characters talking. Those characters are the same characters that you would normally go to to activate the event to get zorua if you have the tour Pokemon.

However without the tour Pokemon if you talk to them they show you a picture so it adds to your seen data.

That's how I got my data and got Zorua off GTS. I'm not far enough to see Zoroark.XP
Thanks a lot! When I'm at Uni next week and have access to Wi-Fi, I'll GTS for a Zorua =3

Talk to the scientist at the top of the Pokeshifter building, who will make you save your game then let you into the Pokeshifter area. Keep saying 'YES' until information appears on the bottom screen about Download Play, with a picture of the DS menu on the top screen.

Fire up another DS with a Japanese Gen IV game in it, and go to Download Play. Download the Pokeshifter software from your Gen V game. The rest should be straightforward: choose six Pokemon you want to transfer, play the minigame, confirm that you want to transfer them, then choose whether or not to use the Pokeshifter again straight away.

When you're done, the DS with your Gen IV game will tell you to switch it off. Go back to the DS with your Gen V game, and the scientist will congratulate you on a good job. The transferred Pokemon will be in your PC.

Edit:

I ran some brief tests on the new EXP system, just to confirm it for people who are still unsure. I saved just before fighting a trainer with a Lv62 Barboach.

If I use my Lv55 Jarooda to defeat it, she gains 1233 Exp.
If I use my Lv53 Suwan'na to defeat it, he gains 1283 Exp.

If I use my Lv55 Jarooda while my traded Lv27 Prinplup has EXP Share, Jarooda gets 617 Exp, and Prinplup gets 1723 Exp.
If I use my Lv53 Suwan'na while my traded Lv27 Prinplup has EXP Share, Suwan'na gets 642 Exp, and Prinplup gets 1723 Exp.

So rather than there being a set amount of Exp to be gained from defeating a given Pokemon, the amount of Exp gained depends on the level difference between your Pokemon and their Pokemon. My Lv55 Jarooda gains 1233 Exp from defeating the Lv62 Barboach if she does it alone, and half that if she shares the Exp, regardless of what other Pokemon the Exp is shared with. My Prinplup gains the same amount from EXP Share regardless of which Pokemon actually defeats the Barboach, and how much Exp that other Pokemon gains.

This is fantastic for me right now, as I'm levelling up a bunch of weak Pokemon for Pokedex data - earlier on my Lv1 Piplup gained almost 8000 Exp from a single battle and grew to Lv18!
Thanks - now I have the two Ditto I need to breed synchronising Munna =3

Also another question...do I need to catch the three musketeers before Kyuremu? I just can't seem to find where that funky dragon is. Also, where is Fukiyose Cave?

Last edited:

Where are the Hodome Draw and Wonder Bridges?

I am planning to get myself a Swanna.

balanced Attack and Defense. If I get Attack positive nature, 2 phsyical, 1 special, 1 healing/status. Special Attack Positive Nature, 1 phsyical, 2 special, 1 healing/status.

Believe it or not Surf and Fly work pretty well on this guy.

I also do not know if I should use Aqua Ring or Roost.

Air Slash or Boiling Water (if possible)? Or neither?

In the case of phsyical, Dive as HM and in special Surf as HM?

Ice Beam anywhere?

Any help given regarding my Swan will be much appreciated.

running shoes are obviously in, touch controls are as well, and the lock button is not.

And which bottom screen? One of the C-Gear or the normal menu. Cause you can fine those on Youtube easily.

Thanks a bunch. Man, that bottom screen looks different.

I need help again >.< i did the whole dragon spiral tower thing, and went through the desert ruins, now where do i go, people are blocking the paths that i need to go to to progress:-/

You have to go to the museum in the 2nd gym town.

Anyone know where I can find a list of all the characteristics in Japanese, with translations?

something weird has happened today.

I was just before challenging Yakon and was about to leveling up a bit when I realized that none of my Pokes did gain EXP anymore. I tried wild Pokemon and Trainers and it didn't change.

I reset the game and had to beat the 4th gym again but everything was normal.

Now I'm in the electric cave and I hope it doesn't happen again.

something weird has happened today.

I was just before challenging Yakon and was about to leveling up a bit when I realized that none of my Pokes did gain EXP anymore. I tried wild Pokemon and Trainers and it didn't change.

I reset the game and had to beat the 4th gym again but everything was normal.

Now I'm in the electric cave and I hope it doesn't happen again.

I smell a ROM glitch...

Could you post a link to one or two of these videos? I looked on youtube but I can't find anything about catching old pokemon in the game...

The only one I can find again is this. He finds a wild Ninetales at 1:15.

I will askez againerz.

I am planning to get myself a Swanna.

balanced Attack and Defense. If I get Attack positive nature, 2 phsyical, 1 special, 1 healing/status. Special Attack Positive Nature, 1 phsyical, 2 special, 1 healing/status.

Believe it or not Surf and Fly work pretty well on this guy.

In the case of phsyical, Dive as HM and in special Surf as HM?

Ice Beam anywhere?

Any help given regarding my Swan will be much appreciated.

Would a Tabunne be good for my in game team, or no?

Except that I Play an Imported copy of Black from Play-Asia!

From what I heard, experience now depends on the difference between your Pokemon's level and the opponent's Pokemon's level, or something like that.

The bridge where you find Swanna's pre-evolution is the bridge right before the fifth Gym Leader's city. I don't know about Swanna.

Roost. No doubt.

Air Slash is fine, but I'd go with Surf over Boiling Water.

Ice Beam anywhere?

It can learn it? Well, then, sure. Why not?

Would a Tabunne be good for my in game team, or no?

I'm gonna go with "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom