• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black and White Help thread

I still can't access the Royal Isshu... must I first defeat the E4 a second time?

You can only access it from 5PM - 7:59PM and you can only board it once per day. You don't need to beat the E4 a second time.

Anybody knows it? I beat the game and still have tha same number of boxes...

When you fill up all 8 boxes (or have at least one Pokémon in each box), the PC will extend to 16 boxes. When you have at least 1 Pokémon in those 16, or fill them up completely, the PC will then go up to 24 boxes. 24 is the maximum number of boxes you can have.

RudolphMilotic said:
Wrong; it depends in the elemental monkey you got from girl in the Abandoned Lot of Dreams, not in your starter (though the starter itself determines which monkey you'll get). The NPC clearly mentions Yanappu, Baoppu and Hiyappu when choosing an option.
I don't think it matters, he asks you which do you want to evolve and will give you a water, fire, or leaf stone depending on what monkey you say you want to evolve.

At that point in the game you most likely have one, but it's possible to find all three in the shaky grass at that point.

sailorsailormoon said:
In the kanji mode, are the names of the attacks in kanji? Also, do the pokedex entries have kanji?
No, as far as I know it only changes the NPC dialog. There is a blond girl in the first town (Kanoko Town) who lets you switch it back and forth outside of of the opening. As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to use any difficult Kanji either if a person wanted to try it (I just didn't take any chances, but when I first played around with it I didn't have too hard a time)

(Edit)Pokedex Entries do have Kanji
Dizzard said:
Do your pokemon get experience from these battles or do you just win Battle Points to buy special items?
Never did the Farris Wheel yet, but you do gain experience in the sports battles.

BanditKeith said:
Ok so once you catch a Munna, you can officially get to the Dream World, correct? I caught one last night in Black
You don't actually have to catch Munna at all if I remember right, it's just a thing like the Slowpoke Well. You save a Munna from plasma and when the mother comes looking for it she gives the professor a piece to get the dream machine to work. (or something I don't quite remember what it was) After-which the professor gives you the C-Gear and tells you how to use it. The "Game Sync" Feature in the Wi-Fi section is what you use to connect to the dream world. The first time you do it, it gives you the game ID that you use on the website to link your accounts together. (As far as I know... it's the only place I've seen it... so it might be a good idea to wright it down until at least wednesday, lol)

These are the ones I can answer at this point, lol.

Last edited:

In the kanji mode, are the names of the attacks in kanji? Also, do the pokedex entries have kanji?
Attacks are in kana, Pokedex entries are in kanji.
In Sazanami Town (place where you can battle Cynthia) there is a big house where you can find a karate guy inside it and he seems to be asking for an item. Does anyone know which is it?
No idea, he just says he's looking for some rare/strange item...
I have a copy of both Japanese Black and White. I was planning to reset for starters, but I accidentally downloaded the Victini event in White (didn't realize you could do it without a save file). My question is if I erase my file, will the event also be erased? And, if so, will I be able to redownload it? Thanks!
When you erase your save file, you erase ALL data, so your Wondercard will be gone but you'll be able to download it again.

Is there an easy list somewhere of all the Isshu Pokemon that require stones to evolve?

I found 2 water stones, but I only remember getting one. So, the one I remember is in the 5th gym city. Use surf by the gym and go east to the small lighthouse island and a water stone should be there.

You can get Purotooga in the ancient castle. When you are in route 4, go to the northwest exit and you should end up in a bigger desert. Go until you find stairs going underground (there are blue hihidaruma statues in front) and slip past the sand pits. The woman by the next set of stairs will offer you fossils. The first one is Purotooga, if I remember right. Take that fossil to the museum in the 2nd gym town and speak to the receptionist on the right and she will revive the fossil to be a level 25 Purotooga.
Thanks!

Wrong; it depends in the elemental monkey you got from girl in the Abandoned Lot of Dreams, not in your starter (though the starter itself determines which monkey you'll get). The NPC clearly mentions Yanappu, Baoppu and Hiyappu when choosing an option.
So if I say I have Hiyappu, I get a Water stone?

Attacks are in kana, Pokedex entries are in kanji.

No idea, he just says he's looking for some rare/strange item...

When you erase your save file, you erase ALL data, so your Wondercard will be gone but you'll be able to download it again.

Is there an easy list somewhere of all the Isshu Pokemon that require stones to evolve?

On the Bulbapedia page, it shows them

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Evolutionary_stones

I read on serebii that the pokemon in White Forest only change when you use the high link feature....does that mean they only way I'll be able to catch pokemon that aren't originally in White forest is to connect locally with another game? If so that really stinks...

One thing I don't get is those local wireless missions keep saying if you're spoken to you fail the mission....but I'd imagine most people wouldn't be silly enough to talk to you if they're going to get something good....I'd imagine the majority of these local wireless missions will be done between people who know they're happening and not just with a random stranger while waiting for the bus...

Alright I'm getting close to the 8th gym and I still haven't been able to find a sun Stone? I want to evolve my churine at lvl 46 (since it learns Leaf Storm at that lvl )So can someone please tell me If there is any place before the 8th gym where I can get a Sun Stone at ?

Alright I'm getting close to the 8th gym and I still haven't been able to find a sun Stone? I want to evolve my churine at lvl 46 (since it learns Leaf Storm at that lvl )So can someone please tell me If there is any place before the 8th gym where I can get a Sun Stone at ?

it was possible to get it in raimon city (electric gym) it is given to you by someone in the two buildings behind the pokecenter, i forget which one

on the subject of stones where do i get a shiny stone for my chillarmy????

What is there to do in Kanawa Town? Seems pointless, I was given an item, and thats it.
Nothing more?

Check the lower floor of the desert ruins. I heard one was found there.

I heard you can get one of the monkey trio as a gift Pokemon. What are the criteria to get it? I need to beat the first Gym quickly.

I heard you can get one of the monkey trio as a gift Pokemon. What are the criteria to get it? I need to beat the first Gym quickly.

You get the monkey whose type is weak against your starter. Simply talk to the girl in the Abandoned Lot of Dreams.

Which girl? And, er..where is it? I know it's near Sanyou city, but I can't read Japanese. I know, I'm clueless...

Edit:Never mind, I found it. Just gotta find the girl and then the Gym badge will be mine..

Is this the right place to ask for Wi-Fi help? o_O Because my freakin' game keeps getting my hopes up saying that it has a connection when it doesn't...

I figured out that I've had 2WIRE all this time today, but whenever I look for Wi-Fi on my DS, nothing shows up at all, not even a gray lock or anything. o_O

EDIT: WOW. Every time I post something, the thread I post on loses ALLL activity... that's annoying, at best. >:

Last edited:

;A; Can someone answer my question please? Where do you get shibishirasu?

>.< i know that, but is there a specific spot in the electric cave? Because i was in there FOR HOURS.

No. It's simply rare (and remember, it doesn't appear in those sand tornadoes).

On the route leading out of Raimon City, to the left, there's a little forest you can get to through the use of cut. At the end is a mobile home, and this hiker who talks to me, leaves, and then I go into the home and there's some chick who won't talk to me. She just goes "...".

So, what's this about? It's quite weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom