• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, how do I go about catching Thundurus now?

I don't know where to find him because the game doesn't list his location like the roamers of the past.

wherever it rains, he's there. Check the scrolling news tickers.

No, the Scolipede animation has nothing to do with the Pokéball. I caught it with a Great Ball, which I used for Minccino too and there's no similar animation with her. I'm sure the green sparkle is entirely related to Scolipede.

Is it like this?
pendra.jpg

I think it's just supposed to be dust being kicked up when it lands. I've noticed that the heavier a pokemon is, the harsher the *thud!* is when they land. Might it just be a neat graphical touch to emphasise their bulk? I've seen it happen with Gigalith too.

Last edited:
Is it like this?
pendra.jpg

I think it's just supposed to be dust being kicked up when it lands. I've noticed that the heavier a pokemon is, the harsher the *thud!* is when they land. Might it just be a neat graphical touch to emphasise their bulk? I've seen it happen with Gigalith too.

maybe not just emphasis,but to also show how screwed it'd be when low kick,grass knot,and stuff are used on them? kind of like an audio and visual cue to help some players that can't tell weight by the sprite alone?

Also,how do you force battles to have set levels in WFC? Like 50s,and 100s

When can you put two Pokemon into the route 3 Pokemon Centre?

OK, I beat the game, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the GTS. It won't let me trade my Skuntank or Mr. Mime. They're both perfectly legit (caught them both myself, thank you very much- well, actually, Skuntank was hatched, but still). I select Mr. Mime to offer it up for trade, and it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!" The same with my Skuntank, except it lets me select it and pick what I want in return, then it tells me it can't be traded. What could be causing this problem? Only things I could think of is that Mr. Mime used to be a Shadow Pokemon, and my Skuntank knows Iron Tail, but I fail to see how either situation could prevent a Pokemon from being traded. Anyone have any ideas?

With a mustache?

OK, I beat the game, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the GTS. It won't let me trade my Skuntank or Mr. Mime. They're both perfectly legit (caught them both myself, thank you very much- well, actually, Skuntank was hatched, but still). I select Mr. Mime to offer it up for trade, and it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!" The same with my Skuntank, except it lets me select it and pick what I want in return, then it tells me it can't be traded. What could be causing this problem? Only things I could think of is that Mr. Mime used to be a Shadow Pokemon, and my Skuntank knows Iron Tail, but I fail to see how either situation could prevent a Pokemon from being traded. Anyone have any ideas?

With a mustache?

Do they know any TM moves that they learned in a Gen IV game? Because that could be it.

Has anyone succesfully used pokegen with their retail cards (probably don't have to mention retail here).

I use pokegen 3.0b15, but after creating the pokemon I want and generating the code, I noticed that I couldn't select the language the game was, it was set on Japanese. And after putting the code on Action Replay and starting the game up, I wasn't able to use the code (yes I activated it on AR as well).

If anyone else has been able to use pokegen yet with retail Black/White, let me know please what version of pokegen you used and/or what method to get the code working.

Can someone explain how entralink works?

Im so confused about it. I have two ds's and a copy of black as well as white. How do I get more stuff added to my white forest? How far do I have to be in my other game to link up?

I'm really nervous and don't want white forest to shrink in size and go away forever.

Do they know any TM moves that they learned in a Gen IV game? Because that could be it.

Seriously? My Skuntank does know Iron Tail, but I don't think my Mr. Mime knows any moves that lost their TM status in Generation V. Could the fact that it used to be a Shadow Pokemon have anything to do with it?

But seriously? The GTS won't let you trade stuff that knows Generation IV moves? That's some messed up shit right there.

With a mustache.

Hey, I wanted to know, what is the best and most complete Black and White walktrough? (text, not video, please)

Thank you!

Why does my Scolipede make this fancy, green sparkle when he lands on the ground after I've sent him out?

does it have a little red star on it's profile? which sprite does it have:

Spr_5b_545.png
or
Spr_5b_545_s.png

the one on the right is a shiny pokemon - if so congrats dude

The probability of a shiny pokémon appearing is 1/8192 so they are very rare.
If it is shiny congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom