• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
where in relic castle is the maze with the Volcarona at the end..and can I go through the maze before i beat all the gyms/elite 4
After going down the quick sand pits, you'll get to a spacious room with the way out ahead and sand hills to the right. Climb those hills up and there's the entrance to the maze.
I believe it's accessible only after the main storyline, though.

If you get 50 different ID's and talk to the secret service-looking dude in the pokemon center in Castellia city, he'll give you a master ball.
Not 50 IDs but 50 different trade partners (unless the in-game dialogue is incorrect). Doesn't change it much, though.

i've heard that the puddles are no longer "safe" in that you can encounter pokemon by walking through them, is this true? i haven't come across any myself but a couple of people on another site are claiming they have.

BS or no?
The wild encounter puddles exist IIRC only in Icirrus City, the route directly after it, and the Moor of Icirrus.

O.k, I realy need help before the Victini event ends.
Can you relocate Pokemon from Generation IV to Generation V if one of them is NTSC and the other is PAL?

There is also a string instrument in Opelucid, instead of the guitar if you play White.
where in relic castle is the maze with the Volcarona at the end..and can I go through the maze before i beat all the gyms/elite 4
West of Route 4, you need to go there after the seventh gym so you can't miss it. And no, you can't catch Volcarona before the credits. You can catch the deers and the weather kami though.
[*]The Vullaby Evolutionary Chain
I don't think there is a way of seeing the other version's eagle/vulture line other than trading, I remember reading that it's a problem in BW.
Are the Abyssal Ruins the only underwater place in Unova? That's the only place I've been able to use Dive.
Yes.
Can you reenter N's castle after you've beaten the game?
No.
D: Is it true if you don't get to Black City fast enough, there will be nothing and no one there?
Yes. If you take 16 days or more of real time to get there, it will definitely be empty. Also, people can leave on the 4th, 6th and 14th days of play.
Timetravelling forward or back uses up more days, for example jumping forward a month'll speed past 30 days and certainly kill it.
Once I summon Landorus will it stay there until I catch it?
No, it's like Entei/Raikou/Suicune. It runs away to another route after one turn in battle or if you leave the route.
O.K, I have a problem:
For the first time in 5 years the Pokemon games, Black and White are Pal instead of NTSC here in Israel.
Acording to the gaming stores it should work on my NTSC DS but the problem is I have NTSC Pearl and SoulSilver games, and I don't know if the Pokemon will be transferd O.k from my NTSC games to my PAL games.
Anyone knows?
There is no NTSC and PAL for DS games, and as long as both games are the same language they will transfer fine.
O.k, I realy need help before the Victini event ends.
Can you relocate Pokemon from Generation IV to Generation V if one of them is NTSC and the other is PAL?
Yes, as long as they're the same language. There is no NTSC or PAL in DS games.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scarf

So they have DW art, is there any use to them?
*points at Trivia section*
"Strangely, while they have no use in Generation V, the scarves can be found in the Dream World. "
...almost everything has Dream World art, doesn't mean it can be found there. Seeing as they can't be found there, I'm going to assume it was a mistake by Chosen.
BalmMushroom's locations from Bulbapedia:
Striaton City (hidden), Abundant Shrine, held by Paras, Parasect, Foongus, and Amoonguss (Dream World)

I think there was a person who bought Nuggets at a better price but can't remember where.
Also, Dream World in this case means bulbapedia was a sheep and followed Serebii's bad info. You can rarely find them on Amoonguss in double grass on route 10.
Can you trade eggs containing national dex Pokemon to game that doesn't have it yet? I beat Black, and now I want to play a new game of White with Pikachu. Will it let me?
Yes.
Alright, I will be getting Action Reply for DSi tomorrow probably, & it'll BE awhile before I get the National Dex unless I cheat on Black long enough to trade a female Meowth over.

My question is: if I used AR to trade a fake Poke with some Meowth eggs (till I got a girl one to hatch) into White, would the game accept the eggs or not? I'd love to know without going through all the hassel, so I could just go ahead & start cheating on Black once I get it.

Yes, all this for Meowth. I've always had one in my team representing the anime's, & I'm not about to stop now.

I do fully intend on playing Black normally once I beat White though, so if you see my SN in the offering station for Gen V stuff, you'll know everything's legit. ^-^
AR has notoriously had problems with not working on Japanese BW, I don't know if it even works on the English ones. If you can get a Meowth egg into BW somehow though, it will be accepted. A normal Meowth would too. If it doesn't work, it may be easier to trade for one.
Is there anyone in Black Version who will show you a picture of Thundurus (to add it as "seen" in your Pokedex)?

With a mustache.
Not as far as I know.

Of the four rooms in the league which order is the best to start from&which poke(unova only) are best suited for them?

I went:

Marshal (bottom right) (fighting type)
Caitlyn (top right) (psychic type)
Shauntal (bottom left) (ghost type)
Grimsley (top left) (dark type)

I had:
Samurott
Scrafty
Cofagrigus
Heatmor
Boldore (I wish I could've evolved him)
Rufflet

My pokemon except for Samurott and Scrafty were a little under leveled though.

The wild encounter puddles exist IIRC only in Icirrus City, the route directly after it, and the Moor of Icirrus.

If I recall correctly, you can encounter some in the puddles outside of Pinwheel Forrest.

Last edited:
Not 50 IDs but 50 different trade partners (unless the in-game dialogue is incorrect). Doesn't change it much, though.
I'm not sure about this. After trading with three people, I was told by him that I'd actually traded with five. The Celebi and Shiny Beasts that I'd brought forwards would account for an additional one trainer ID (since they all have the same ID, I think), so I'm not sure what the last one is... perhaps it's just my own?

The dialogue is quite misleading in that case, but I can't think of any other explanation.

Well, I got given the Masterball the other day, despite only trading between about 18 people (including GTS); yet my Trainer Card says I've had 64 link trades.

Is there any way to re-battle trainers? I've already battled most of the level 60 pokemon trainers and my pokemon are still in the 50's and 40's in level. If you can't re-battle them is there any way to can train your pokemon or do you just have to battle wild Audino?

How do the repels affect the shaking grass? Will the pokemon still not "attack" if a repel was used?

Is there any way to re-battle trainers? I've already battled most of the level 60 pokemon trainers and my pokemon are still in the 50's and 40's in level. If you can't re-battle them is there any way to can train your pokemon or do you just have to battle wild Audino?

I believe I've read somewhere that you can't re-battle trainers. I know nothing about grinding, though.

[Gen V] - Arceus CAN be offered on the GTS now?

I am really not sure if it goes in this topic, but yea... you know Arceus, right? Well... you know how when you try to search for Arceus in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, & Soul Silver on the GTS and it says "None were found!"? Well... in Gen 5's GTS, that's changed.

Pokeshift a Arceus from your Gen 4 games to get it's Dex entry on Gen 5, then search for one on Gen 5's GTS, and... well, you'll be surprised.

Normally you can't get a Arceus unless it's from events and such, but then if it was from a event, you can't trade it over the GTS due to it's Classic Ribbon and whatnot.

For those that don't know, Arceus can be found in Hall of Origin at Lv. 80 in the wild in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, but to get there you need to go to Spear Pillar with a Azure Flute, which Nintendo didn't release, yet...?

Unless... maybe Arceus could be caught legally soon? Or maybe they forgot disallow Arceus to be trade over Gen 5's GTS? I mean if it's disabled in Gen 4's GTS, then why is it allowed in Gen 5's GTS?

Again, I am not sure if this is the right place to put it, but I figure I should mention this and see what you all say.

Re: [Gen V] - Arceus CAN be offered on the GTS now?

GTS is messed up on Gen V. They also block certain Pokemon due to the word filter.

If you take 16 days or more of real time to get there, it will definitely be empty. Also, people can leave on the 4th, 6th and 14th days of play.
Timetravelling forward or back uses up more days, for example jumping forward a month'll speed past 30 days and certainly kill it.

wtf, seriously?! no love for us college students who have other priorities? T_T

could one simply go back a few days to prolong the 16th day from coming? also, if one by chance can't reach Black City within that limit, is it desolate for good? like will using the entralink with White be null & void?

Poke Transfer

Hello! I'll be using the Poke Transfer soon, and I want to know if the trading between games effects SHINY Pokemon..I found out that their names are changed to instead of all capital, to just regular names. Like MEW would now be Mew. But when a shiny Pokemon is transfered, does it revert itself back to a normal Pokemon? And is it's Hidden Power ability the same as it was in a previous DS Pokemon game? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom