• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Pokémon> cut its own HP and maximized its Attack!
It would be interesting to see what it what it says for a Pokemon with Contrary.

And yeah, I don't think Belly Drum says the same thing as it would always say 'maximized' regardless of how many stages you increase

When migrating pokemon over, does the name of the pokemon become lower cased or does it retain its original form?

Also, that would be interesting to see. Somebody try it now!!

When migrating pokemon over, does the name of the pokemon become lower cased or does it retain its original form?

Retain original form. If you don't like them being upper case, you can nickname them with the lower case before you send them over and it will look exactly like it does with a Pokemon from Gen V.

Last edited:
I cant get into dream world. error 13204 keeps popping up. ive been trying to get into for 4 days. Can anybody help?

As Sketch has already said, it keeps its name. However, if it can evolve then when it does evolve its name will no longer be in all caps.

I cant get into dream world. error 13204 keeps popping up. ive been trying to get into for 4 days. Can anybody help?
Look up the error code? If I recall, they said that was the error code for the DW being too busy, no one can help you with that.

Yesterday morning, about 8:45 AM I tried to use the Game Sync but it said it needed 24 hours to recharge as it had run dry. Just a few minutes ago I tried again and the Game Sync gave me the exact same message. What gives? Is there some perfectly normal issue I'm overlooking?

Yesterday morning, about 8:45 AM I tried to use the Game Sync but it said it needed 24 hours to recharge as it had run dry. Just a few minutes ago I tried again and the Game Sync gave me the exact same message. What gives? Is there some perfectly normal issue I'm overlooking?
Did you save the game after failing to use Game Sync? And 24 hours later, did you try again using the same DS system?

Did you save the game after failing to use Game Sync? And 24 hours later, did you try again using the same DS system?

I think I know why. I did use my brother's DSi a few times instead of just sticking to mine. But I'm not looking forward to waiting another 21 hours to use the Game Sync for the first time...

Probably a stupid question, but its going to bug me until I ask. Does the starter pokemon in Black/White grow faster than other pokemon you catch?

I just started playing my White version yesterday and it just seems like my Oshawatt has an easier time leveling up than the other pokemon I catch.

^ That's likely because of its EXP category, which is classified as "Medium Slow". It looks fast at first (even faster than the Mediums, like Patrat), but it becomes noticeably slow in later levels.

I noticed that when your stats are lowered or increased by four stages, the word severely is used. Anyone know what it would say if it was six stages?
immensely, I believe.
How do I get dream points? And if I get enough to go to the other areas, do I get to choose where I go?
By winning minigames and growing berries, as well as watering other people's berries and trading items with them. And no, it's random.

Probably a stupid question, but its going to bug me until I ask. Does the starter pokemon in Black/White grow faster than other pokemon you catch?

I just started playing my White version yesterday and it just seems like my Oshawatt has an easier time leveling up than the other pokemon I catch.

Starter Pokémon like Oshawott belongs to the Medium Slow group of experience and level. Pokémon in this group do actually level up faster than other Pokémon at lower levels.

If you want to know more, you can check out Bulbapedia's page on experience.

After sending your befriended DW Pokemon to the Entralink forest, can you save and reset for a good natured (or even shiny) version of the Pokemon? Or are the natures and moves set from the very moment you find it online?

After sending your befriended DW Pokemon to the Entralink forest, can you save and reset for a good natured (or even shiny) version of the Pokemon? Or are the natures and moves set from the very moment you find it online?

You can soft reset for nature and IVs. Moveset and gender are set in stone. They can't be shiny.

Is it possible to trade Pokemon not in the Unova Pokedex from a BW game that has beaten the Elite Four and gotten the National Pokedex to one that hasn't?

Is it possible to trade Pokemon not in the Unova Pokedex from a BW game that has beaten the Elite Four and gotten the National Pokedex to one that hasn't?

I believe it is.

The pokemon's pokedex number will be question marks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom