• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was breeding Pokémon the other day, two eggs hatched within about three steps of each other. Each egg contained the same Pokémon, so how is this occurrence possible considering that at least 256 steps must be taken until you can receive another egg? This has happened multiple times too.

Edit: Also it should be obvious but I did not put any eggs into a box and then take them out later.

Last edited:
When I was breeding Pokémon the other day, two eggs hatched within about three steps of each other. Each egg contained the same Pokémon, so how is this occurrence possible considering that at least 256 steps must be taken until you can receive another egg? This has happened multiple times too.

According to Bulbapedia, "Every time an egg is received, the game automatically resets the egg cycle step counter to zero, and counts as another egg cycle completion. This can effectively cut 254 steps off the egg hatching process for every egg accepted from the Day Care Man."

I have just entered White Forest. I've been looking for a patch of grass where I can catch pokemon in the White Forest. Now according to some sources on the net say that I have to get people to come to the White Forest from Black City. Now I don't know anyone that has black. Everyone I know has Pokemon White. Please forgive me if these questions have been answered already

Question #1: Is there another alternative that will allow me to get people to come to White Forest???

Question # 2: How do I get pokemon to appear in White Forest???

According to Bulbapedia, "Every time an egg is received, the game automatically resets the egg cycle step counter to zero, and counts as another egg cycle completion. This can effectively cut 254 steps off the egg hatching process for every egg accepted from the Day Care Man."

That doesn't answer my question. :/ If anything, it makes it even more impossible for two eggs to hatch very close to each other, since picking up a new egg reduces the amount of time left on an egg you already have. Unless I'm missing something?

Question #1: Is there another alternative that will allow me to get people to come to White Forest???

Nope.

Edit: Yeah, or do what Minimiscience said, but I didn't think that's what you wanted. Just go fast.

Last edited:
I have just entered White Forest. I've been looking for a patch of grass where I can catch pokemon in the White Forest. Now according to some sources on the net say that I have to get people to come to the White Forest from Black City. Now I don't know anyone that has black. Everyone I know has Pokemon White. Please forgive me if these questions have been answered already

Start a new game and speed-run through it so that your Forest isn't empty by the time you reach it. There seems to be a bunch of conflicting information about the maximum amount of time you have to pull this off, but I think you should still have some NPCs there if you can reach it in under two weeks.

Question # 2: How do I get pokemon to appear in White Forest???

They appear when there are (non-Pokémon Center) NPCs there.

My Game Sync says that it has run out of energy and takes a whole day to recharge. Problem is, it's already been 2 days since I last played on the DW.

I think this has something to do with the DS clock, like I read somewhere. A while back, when I first signed up on the Global Link, the date on my DS changed from 4/17/2011 to 1/04/2000. Soon after, the Spring season arrived on my Pokemon White and I was a little bit confused. Took a while for me to figure out the date change, but once I changed it back, the GameSync didn't seem to work for me anymore. Anybody know a solution to this problem? Do I have to wait 11 years till I can play on the DW again? D:

EDIT: Also, me and my sister share the same DS if that makes a difference..

is there a limit on how many DW friends you can have, because I had a message that I couldn't add more.

is there a limit on how many DW friends you can have, because I had a message that I couldn't add more.

I think someone in the Dream World discussion said there was a maximum of eight Dream Pals allowed.

I was recently transferring pokemon to black and I noticed that a Phanphy I got in a trade had the fateful encounter tag. I think this phanphy came from XD because it also says distant land. I checked it against a Lugia I know came from XD and it said fateful encounter but the pokemon that came from my personal coliseum game don’t have the fateful encounter line. My question is do all pokemon from XD have the fateful encounter tag?

Start a new game and speed-run through it so that your Forest isn't empty by the time you reach it. There seems to be a bunch of conflicting information about the maximum amount of time you have to pull this off, but I think you should still have some NPCs there if you can reach it in under two weeks.

They appear when there are (non-Pokémon Center) NPCs there.
If you want to make sure you'd have people you'd have to get there within 6 days. Each person chosen for you only has a roughly 50% chance of staying to 14 days(as opposed to 50% for 6 days), so unless you're very very very unlucky you should still have some by 2 weeks, yeah.

I think someone in the Dream World discussion said there was a maximum of eight Dream Pals allowed.
Yes, the limit is ten Dream Pals.

I was recently transferring pokemon to black and I noticed that a Phanphy I got in a trade had the fateful encounter tag. I think this phanphy came from XD because it also says distant land. I checked it against a Lugia I know came from XD and it said fateful encounter but the pokemon that came from my personal coliseum game don’t have the fateful encounter line. My question is do all pokemon from XD have the fateful encounter tag?

Yep

Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I'm currently half way through Pokemon White and I'm having trouble on picking team members.
My current team is:
1.Zoroark
2.Dewott
3.Swellow
4.Zebstrika
5.Pignite

For my last team member should I use Tirtouga or Servine?

Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I'm currently half way through Pokemon White and I'm having trouble on picking team members.
My current team is:
1.Zoroark
2.Dewott
3.Swellow
4.Zebstrika
5.Pignite

For my last team member should I use Tirtouga or Servine?

that all depends, do you want a slow tank with decent Atk. or a fast tank with average Atk?

You already have Zebstrika for your water types, and you already have Dewott for your rock/ground types, so i don't see what either of these mons would bring to the table (other than maybe Servine being an annoyer and Tirtouga be a semi-staller). I have both on my team, and unless you put a priority move on the turtle, i'd go with Servine since it seems (based on your current team) that you like fast pokes (barring pignite since its also slow).

Perhaps this has already been asked before, but in regards to the Pokémon Dream World - if you have both the Black and White versions, I know it's possible to register one of each to your account - but is there any benefit to doing so? You are still only limited to one Pokémon tucked in and one hour of play time in the Dream World per 24-hour period, correct?

So is there any reason to put them on the same account rather than register the second title under a new account?

Perhaps this has already been asked before, but in regards to the Pokémon Dream World - if you have both the Black and White versions, I know it's possible to register one of each to your account - but is there any benefit to doing so? You are still only limited to one Pokémon tucked in and one hour of play time in the Dream World per 24-hour period, correct?

So is there any reason to put them on the same account rather than register the second title under a new account?
As far as I know, no. When they start doing Pokemon giveaways, you also can only get them on one game if you have both registered, as opposed to both if on different accounts.

in the entralink, how do u do the stashing missions?

ex. in one mission i had to stash a quick ball in the northern bridge on route 6, i go to the bridge, and i didn't know how to 'stash' the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom