• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Music Discussion

Do you like the music so far?

• Total voters
I like the music in B/W, but I don't think it's anything too special. About half of the tracks sound really good but then there are about half that just don't have the same appeal. My favorite tracks so far are the Wild Pokemon battle themes, the Trainer battle themes, and various city/town themes like the ones that play in Fukiyose City, Souryuu City (White), and Kagome Town.

I like the Black City theme. It sounds ominous and mysterious at the same time. The White Forest theme is a letdown. It's a very skippy and happy theme, but it's also very random.

One of my favorite tracks from the games would be the underwater theme. That's so nice and serene...

*Rimshot*

EDIT: Might as well throw in the fact that it has a hint of fury for deepsea battling.

I'm loving the Surf music this generation. It's quite different from the others; it doesn't have that waltz-y feel.

Other random favourites include Hiun City (So. Damn. Catchy!), Raimon City, Fukiyose City, Sazanami Town (both Summer and the other seasons), Hodomoe City, Souryuu City (both versions, but White in particular), Emotion, Route 4, Gym Leader (Last Pokémon), N's Farewell (duh), Bicycle, Black City, Final N Battle, Route 10 (gives you an odd feeling), and...many, many more xD Definitely my favourite soundtrack yet!

I love it so far.:love: Does anybody know when you use the Kanto remix theme? Is it during a event?:confused:

That track's most likely there only as a test, somewhat like the Ruby/Sapphire main theme was included in Platinum. Just a beta track.

I just want to say this. This Generation's Route 1 music is utter crap. Doesn't sound good, and doesn't add emotion nor does it go with the background.

I'm starting to get into the Battle Music with Geechisu. It sounds like a clash of the Gods. But I feel they could've done a bit better.

I'm starting to get into the Battle Music with Geechisu. It sounds like a clash of the Gods. But I feel they could've done a bit better.
It's a neat and somewhat scary score but, yeah, it could've used a little more urgency to the beat. Didn't really feel like I'm battling the final boss. Well, aside from getting my ass handed to me.

The geechisu battle theme sounded too cliche to me, like they tried to replicate Arceus's battle theme. To me, it could've used some more instruments to amplify the impostance of the situation.

That track's most likely there only as a test, somewhat like the Ruby/Sapphire main theme was included in Platinum. Just a beta track.

I highly doubt that. The Kanto Champion Battle Remix is easily one of the best tracks in the game, and really sounds like it had a lot of work put into it. One thing about beta tracks is that, they are never true remixes. Only their instruments are different, otherwise, the sequence is still the same as the original. The Kanto Champion Battle Remix is definitely not a beta track.

The most likely theory is that it plays while facing the World Champion in the United Nations. (Though I did also read something about it being used somewhere in the Battle Subway, though I haven't heard of any evidence to prove this claim.)

Well, has anyone actually gotten to those battles? If not, then possibilities are that you're correct.

Well, has anyone actually gotten to those battles? If not, then possibilities are that you're correct.

Well see, there's the thing; its not currently possible. The United Nations building is on an island that can only be reached by a boat from Hiun City. But at the moment, there is no legit way of getting there. A user here posted a video of the place a while back, which they got to through hacking. (Try searching United Nations)

The building has 131 floors, counting the lobby. Black and White recognize 130 countries. Which probably means that each floor will have the top someone from a different country. The person at the top will be the World Champion, and the battle in which the theme plays I guess. Ofcourse, none of this is confirmed.

The UN Tower an event, hu? I guess it's gonna be a long, long time before we find out if the music's used on the battle there.

Cliche? Not urgent enough? You guys sound like you wanted another epic, frantic theme like Prince N Battle to try and one-up the already epic, frantic battle theme that occured mere moments before hand? Video games never do that in this kind of situation. Geechisu's battle isn't a case of saving the region; you've already done that. You're just fighting the powerful, pissed off leader.

Good:
* Most of the route and city music sounds cool.
* The Elite Four battle music is amazing except that the intro takes too long.
* N's battle music is awesome.
* The Kanto champion remix is EPIC.

Bad:
* The Rival battle music doesn't sound like a boss battle at all.
* Part of Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem's battle music sounds like a route theme.
* Other than the ominous choir, Geechisu's battle music sounds like a lame ripoff of Arceus's theme.

Good:
* The Elite Four battle music is amazing except that the intro
I agree, although, the intro doesn't actually seem that long in the game since it starts playing the main part just as you start taking out your Pokemon.

Bad:
* The Rival battle music doesn't sound like a boss battle at all.
* Part of Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem's battle music sounds like a route theme.
* Other than the ominous choir, Geechisu's battle music sounds like a lame ripoff of Arceus's theme.
* Well, its not exactly a boss battle, is it? Its a fun battle with your friends. I think it is appropriate.
* Well, part of it is a Kanto route theme.
* Just because its sequence of Timpanis doesn't make it an automatic rip-off of Arceus' theme. >_> They have like completely different tunes.

About the Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem battle theme I've been wondering though, is that why Game Freak decided to put part of a route theme in it. I mean, all the others have traits of other battle themes, but this battle theme is the only one to have part of a route music as well. And a Kanto Route at that. Makes me wonder...

Well, they planned on making Gen V a Rennaisance of the series, somewhat. I forgot where I read that up. They probably decided to mix the theme with a Kanto Route to add that small feeling of nostalgia. And I gotta say, I felt it.

Back
Top Bottom