• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Music Discussion

Do you like the music so far?

• Total voters
I agree, although, the intro doesn't actually seem that long in the game since it starts playing the main part just as you start taking out your Pokemon.

* Well, its not exactly a boss battle, is it? Its a fun battle with your friends. I think it is appropriate.
* Well, part of it is a Kanto route theme.
* Just because its sequence of Timpanis doesn't make it an automatic rip-off of Arceus' theme. >_> They have like completely different tunes.

About the Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem battle theme I've been wondering though, is that why Game Freak decided to put part of a route theme in it. I mean, all the others have traits of other battle themes, but this battle theme is the only one to have part of a route music as well. And a Kanto Route at that. Makes me wonder...

Because up to that point the battle with the legendary represents the climax of your journey, so the battle has to be able to have that climatic, nostalgic feel to it.

I don't know which themes they are, but the ones with the retro cues to the original scores are excellent. I think that one of them is the Team Magma music: the first few bars echo the Kanto gym leader music.

I prefer HG/SS's Kanto Champion music. The remix here changes the intro bit too much, which was always my favorite.

How do you like the music in the game?

I really like the music. It's not my favorite (that spot goes to HG/SS) but it's still pretty awesome. I love the Team Plasma battle music and the music that plays whenever you talk to N or Ghetsis. Also I like the Trainer Battle Music and the Gym Leader battle music(especially the "dun dun dun dun dun dun!" dun dun dun dun dun dun!" at the beginning)

Re: How do you like the music in the game?

Oh God, the theme from Black City is favorited on YouTube. I sit in the city and listen to the music it is amazing.

I'm in love with the music from Black and White. I especially like "Emotion". They really outdid themselves this time. The music gets a 10/10 from me.

I absolutely love the music in this game. I thought Platinum had good music, but the deo=pth and quality of the music in this game is astounding. It sure doesnt sound like a handheld RPG, does it?

My favourite music is Route 10. Kinda sounds like Professor Layton music. I also really like White Forest, and Driftveil City. And the Team Plasma battle music is the best Team battle music thus far.
Also, Legend battles, like Victini/Cobalion are fantastic. I love how it switches up the tempo.

I'm in love with the music from Black and White. I especially like "Emotion". They really outdid themselves this time. The music gets a 10/10 from me.

Same here, I really love the emotion theme, and....
N's Farewell Theme. Never heard such an emotional track in the series.

I really love all the themes, especially the town themes. They all sound so unique.

Freaking awesome, best music yet imo. I would name tracks I'd particularly like, but I'd just end up with a list of every single one in the game.

I am completely in love with the music from this game. Holy Primus, the Dragonspiral Tower music is utterly beautiful. I simply sit and listen to it on YouTube for hours.

...I really should just get the soundtrack, shouldn't I? :rolleyes:

My favorite part is how there are the guys with instruments that change the soundtrack, who serve no gameplay purpose, and only exist for the enjoyment of the player.

also, driftveil and the plasma battle music, especialy the intro, are some of the best music i've ever heard from this series.

it's currently in a 4 way tie with the pokemon center theme and lavender town theme.

Nothing too memorable, but it's nice.
I like how the gym leader battles sample the original Pokemon music.

Just about every theme beat older ones for me, except the gym leader battle, it was my least favorite of all generations. But if any song in the game can represent the series, its Gym Leader's Last Pokemon. Best track ever.

I guess I'm weird, or I'm not listening to the right tracks.

The music so far really isn't the sort of music I'm interested in game-wise, so I'm kind of meh on it, especially when you compare it to Gen III and Gen IV.

I enjoy it a lot. I like the rival music the best. I also like the music in twist mountain and the cold storage building.

Gym leader battle music is awesome, and I like how it changes on their last pokemon. I like how the music changes when your Pokemon's HP is in the red.

I really like the music when your pokemon goes in the red. It makes having low health epic instead of annoying sounding.

oh god the music is <3333333 definitely tied with the music from HG/SS as favorite

I love the rival battle music, last gym leader pokemon piece, Driftveil City, Celestial Tower/Dragonspiral Tower the most (from what I've heard so far)

From what I have heard on Youtube(Yes I still dont own the games yet =( ).

All I can say is BEST POKEMON GAME MUSIC EVER!

I was very inpressed with every track I heard on there just wow!

My favorite track is the remix of Blue's Champion theme they did.

Probably my overall favorite of the main series, and that is hard for me to say. I am sorry, RSE and GSC music. I love you, too. :C

Some of my favorites are Driftveil, Lacunosa, Undella (non-summer,) Emotion, Rival Battle, Team Plasma, Route 10, Castelia, Skyarrow Bridge, biking, and surfing.

I have to say "main series," though, because if I included PMD2... it would take forever for me to decide on which game had my favorite.

I love so many tracks in this game. Team Plasma Grunt Battle, Nimbasa City, Driftveil City, when a Gym Leader is on their last pokemon and Alder's Encounter Theme.

So beautiful, should...have...sent...a...poet!

I love it. Especially the rival battle music, it's so energetic and encouraging O___o

Back
Top Bottom