• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Music Discussion

Do you like the music so far?

• Total voters
Re: How do you like the music in the game?

The game has really fantastic tracks. I always find myself flying to certain places just to listen to the music.

I believe there isn't a single song in this game that I don't like, and that's something special. Even the credits song is awesome (except for the one in original RGBY, they've been rather bland really). Other favourites are Driftveil City, Nimbasa City, normal and special wild battles, Gym Leader battle theme, Elite Four battle theme, Alder's theme, Black City, Opelucid City, the low HP music, and especially the Entralink theme. <3

Last edited:

There are some great ones and some boring ones. What BW's does have is the superior audio capabilities of the DS. If all the previous games' music was brought upto its quality, BW's music would become just plain decent.

The music in the game is the BEST in any pokemon game I've ever played. And I thought Platinum had good music! I love the Driftveil and Nimbassa themes. The team Plasma battle music is probably gonna end up on my ipod. Along with the event battle music. I dare you to try to listen the the event battle music while walking down the road and NOT feel like the most badass motherfrumper in your town. I DARE YOU.

My favroite music:
(6)Nimbassa
(5)Drifveil
(4)Ghetsis battle
(3)Team Plasma battle
(2)Event battle
(1)Village Bridge (with guitar and beatboxing dude)

Last edited:

Tracks I like:

- Wild Battle Theme
- Trainer Battle Theme
- Subway Trainer Battle Theme
- Plama Battle Theme
- N Battle Theme
- Rival Battle Theme
- Champion Theme
- Gym Battle Theme
- Nimbassa City Theme
- Route 6 Theme
- Dragonspiral Tower Theme (though for some reason I can't stand the animé adaption of it...)

I like a lot of the battle themes xD

Ones I don't like:

- Low Health Theme
- Gym Leader's Final Pokémon Theme
- Nuvema Town Theme (I can't put my finger on it, but it sounds really similar to a past theme.)
- Cheren's Theme

I wanna add a couple of tracks to my previously stated list.
I just went to the Entralink for the first time, and my Arceus, I could just sit there for hours listening to that music!
Also, Alder's theme is so...beautiful. I actually recorded it on my phone. :p

Alder's theme, the Opelucid City (White) theme and the Route 10 music are my favourites of the music included in the games.
I also really like the bonus tracks of the Black & White Super Music Collection. Lullaby for Trains and Sayonara (Refrain) are both incredibly lovely.

Since there's plenty of love for the music already, I'll comment on what I'm not so hot on thus far -

Nuvema Town - It's not bad, but it's not memorable either
Castelia City - Grates after a while. I think it's all that high pitch
Nimbasa City - Very similar all the way through so after the second rep it feels like you've heard it ten times

The best music is when you get low health (when the health bar is red).

The music is great. By far my favourite of the series.

I like Ghetsis' theme during the battle. I'd battle him again just to hear it.

However, I did not get the repeated chanting of DEEEEEEEEENIS! DEEEEEEEEEEENIS! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIS! throughout the entire battle.

One of the best aspects of the game, at least imo, was walking into a new town for the first time and hearing the type of theme music they had on offer. All of them were unique and, for the most part, really did leave a good impression and did a great job of capturing the atmosphere of each specific locale. Driftveil, Mistralton and Opelucid in particular were something else, to the point where I could just aimlessly wander around the town just to hear each piece all the way through.

If we're going to make lists, my personal favourites are;

The Battle Subway's remix of the Battle Tower music. Ordinarally, I absolutely LOATHE the battle tower theme, but this version is just too damn cool.

Prof. Juniper's lab (By far my favourite lab theme)
Nuvema Town (Gives of serious of Kakariko Village vibes)
Accumula Town (specifically with the piano and drums)
Nacrene City (specifically with the accordian)
Driftveil City
Mistralton City
Opelucid City (specifically with the violin)
Route 10
Sky Arrow Bridge
Village Bridge
Bianca's encounter theme
N's encounter theme + the Mother 3-esque music box version
N's Battle theme (final ver.)
Legendary battle theme
Wild Pokemon battle theme (both versions)
Gym Battle theme
Trainer Battle Subway ver.
The music that plays after you defeat a Plasma grunt

So far, so good. I really like the music that plays when you're lacking in HP. It makes me almost look forward to it. XD

I usually don't pay much attention to the music in any of the games (besides Miror B's themes:ksmile:), but I think the Team Plasma theme is pretty cool. The music change that takes place when your 'mons HP gets in the red is something different than what I'm used to, but it doesn't bother me either.

I'm not even halfway through the storyline of Pokemon White yet, but I find myself looking up the tracks themselves just to hear them. I really like many of the tracks, I think the first theme that got me focused on the musical aspect of the game was Accumula Town; when I arrived there, it had a very catchy beat, but it was only after I found the house with the Piano and Drums that it just made me think, "Wow! That's a nice addition to the theme, thanks GameFreak" and then started head bobbing.

Right now, besides Accumula Town, I'm liking:

Most of the character themes (especially Bianca's)
The Team Plasma theme (sinister, yet upbeat opening)
The extra 'low-health' and rare Pokemon remixes (small change, but cool)
The bike theme (this one was different from the old themes, more depth)
Pinwheel Forest (very calm, like Eterna Forest)
The cities: Castelia, Nimbasa, and Driftveil (each have a distinct theme)

I'm sure that I've skipped over some, but these are the great pieces off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll hear some more awesome mixes later on in the game, but for now I'm pretty content with the selection :D

The music in Black & White is the only Pokémon game soundtrack I actually recognised as being there! Ghetsis's theme, Kyurem's (and to an extent, Reshiram's), Alder's... etc. Many tracks are amazing.

I listened to Ghetsis' music again, enjoying the awesomeness... but still kept hearing all the weird chanting. I mean, what's with this:

dennnnnis___dennnnnis____by_theenglishgent-d3b6iha.png

I listened to Ghetsis' music again, enjoying the awesomeness... but still kept hearing all the weird chanting. I mean, what's with this:

dennnnnis___dennnnnis____by_theenglishgent-d3b6iha.png

I was under the impression it was chanting "Ghetsis". Mind you, I was also watching Glee at the time...so I could be wrong.

I love the music that plays when you encounter N, but his room remix of it kind of creeps me out.

Back
Top Bottom