• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Strategy Guide to come in two editions

Check on amazon. I just ordered the collectors edition guide for 16 dollars. After shipping it came to about 21 dollarsish. I think it's a pre-order thing though so get it now!

AmazonUK have put the collector's edition to Email Notification only...

everything in the guide is on bulbapedia anyway.

I'm gonna be so poor after all this... I don't normally bother with guides but I've got my eyes on the collector's edition, along with getting my boyfriend a copy of White and B&W for myself. ='D Oh well, it looks to be made of some sort of win. I'll have a look around.

so as far as content (excluding the posters) is there any real reason to purchase the collectors guide and the Volume 2 guide?

Yeah, too bad they can't put all the stuff in one book, then again it might get too big so i suppose it is logical two have 2 editions.

so as far as content (excluding the posters) is there any real reason to purchase the collectors guide and the Volume 2 guide?

The Version 2 guide has all the post e4 guides, plus a more filled out pokedex including abilities and learnsets for lvl up, tm/hm and move tutors. I don't think the collectors edition has the filled out pokedex, and I know it doesn't have the post game info.

What would you guys estimate the chance of being able to pick up a collecters version launch day at either gamestop or fred meyers without a pre-order would be...

cause i like having a pokedex for quick access to what level moves are learned and such...and evo level cause i dont always have comp access

What would you guys estimate the chance of being able to pick up a collecters version launch day at either gamestop or fred meyers without a pre-order would be...

cause i like having a pokedex for quick access to what level moves are learned and such...and evo level cause i dont always have comp access

I have never in my life seen gamestop sell out of guides. More people buy them than you think, and less people buy them than you'd think...Sorry if that makes no sense.

I have never in my life seen gamestop sell out of guides. More people buy them than you think, and less people buy them than you'd think...Sorry if that makes no sense.

I kinda get it and im not worried that theyd be out of the normal guides (that would be insane) but my gamestop seems to order very, very limited supply of collecters editions of stuff but maybe guides are different i guess ill just have to try to get there early to snag a guide if i can :)

I guess it would probably be older players who would want collectors versions anyhow so maybe i have a greater shot at one then i think if im there early on launch day :D

The 2 volume announcement really should be no surprise to anyone as they have been doing it since Diamond and Pearl now. I still have all of the guides so far with the exception to Platinum and the second guide is only ever the one worth buying as it has a post-scenario guide as well as a full-on Pokedex listing moves and everything you can think of.

Collector's Edition: This limited hardcover edition will include everything in the first book plus the bonus of the Unova Region Pokédex. The regional Pokédex will include all 150+ new Pokémon. It will be available in the second book as well, but the Collectors Edition is the only place to find this information at game launch.
Sweet. I couldn't decide which one I should get, until I read this thread--definitely getting the Collector's Edition. :p

If this is not allowed this moderators please feel free to remove this post.

I have taken the liberty to type up the quotes available in the limited edition guidebook:
Bianca - “I’m the professor’s bodyguard! Well, that’s probably not necessary, but you have to protect important things!”
Cheren - “Taking people’s Pokémon by force is not right. That is not real strength!”
Prof. Juniper - “My name is Professor Juniper, and I am researching when and how the creatures called Pokémon came into existence.”
Cedric Juniper - “Heh! The professor who gave you the Pokédex is my daughter!”
Fennel - “I’m Fennel, and as you can see, I’m a a scientist. In fact, the subject I’m researching is Trainers!”
N - “I think my friends and I should test you to see if can see this future, too.”
Team Plasma Grunt (Male) - “If their Pokémon are liberated, Trainers will no longer be Trainers! We are in the right!”
Team Plasma Grunt (Female) - “We’re like Pokémon Trainers too, but we’re fighting for a different reason. Unlike you two, we’re fighting for the freedom of Pokémon!”
Ghetsis - “That’s right! We must liberate the Pokémon! Then, and only then will humans and Pokémon truly be equals!”
Cilan/Cress/Chili - “The fundamentals of Pokémon battling are type matchups! They’re important!”
Lenora - “Curiosity is the spice of life! Without it, life is bland!”
Burgh - “Umm … That’s right. You! Use Bug-type Pokémon!”
Elesa - “May you always continue to be a person who brightens your surroundings.”
Clay - “Ya always want to live honestly fer yerself and yer Pokémon.”
Skyla - “You’ll see smilies all around you, with the brightest skies above you!”
Brycen - “Don’t limit yourself to hot or cold, but use them both to your best advantage.”
Drayden - “Sincere Trainer, keep growing stronger!”
Iris - “Know what? You were very strong! I’ll never forget you, ever!”
Shauntal - “Beginnings are important, whether in a good novel or a good battle!”
Grimsley - “I never thought you would use that move … Not a bad choice at all.”
Caitlin - “I get the feeling a wonderful time is about to start. I’m excited!”
Marshal - ” Oh, so strong. That makes my heart dance!”
Alder - “I won’t lose! I’ll fight for all Trainers who love their Pokémon, and for all Pokémon who believe in their Trainers!”

Just a quick question, if someone could VM me with an answer because I need to know right away...
Does the Vol 2 guide (Unova Pokedex) contain ANYTHING that the Collector's Edition guide doesn't? if it does, what?

I need to know whether to refund my preorder at EB games or not... and I don't plan on paying $30 for a guide to the Pokemon Musicals.

I'm really hoping the ver 2 guide will have some better info. I wad disappointed in the collectors edition. It has a decent walkthrough, but it's pretty bad on what wild pokemon are where and what the trainers have. Pretty much the only helpful thing in the pokedex is lvl up learnsets. Also the guide doesn't have much of anything that's off the main storyline. I like how there's only like 2 lines of very fine print text about Zoura and zoroark, but it still doesn't really tell you what to do. Im just glad I've got bulbapedia along with this guide.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom