• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White = The End of Pokemon?

Will this be the end of Pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. Pokemon is basically the money source of GameFreak. They'd need to have something really good up their sleeves to even think about ending the Pokemon series.

Pokemon won't be ending for a long time. Look at Mario his series is over 20 years old and is still doing great.

believe me if they did that I would pack my bags move to Japan and protest around there nintendo building until they make new ones again

I don't think it's major news that the DS outsells the PSP. Broccoli outsells the PSP. But those are impressive figures. 140K in 4 days? Jeez

How is it that all these people can afford/want an updated DS that's going to be obsolete as soon as the 3DS is released?

You must realize, the intended audience for the XL are people with bad eyesight, usually the same crowd that gets hooked on Brain Age type games only (read: old people). The DS has so many casual games and the XL finally gives the older crowd a way to enjoy them AND see them. Plus, old people don't care about 3D handhelds anyway. I mean, the old people who can't see a normal screen usually don't, because, you know, IF YOU CAN'T SEE A NORMAL SCREEN THEN 3D IS JUST NOT SEEING IN 3D

They must be all the rage in nursing homes...

Generation II was supposed to be the last. Then Generation IV. Pokemon is going to keep on keeping on.

Well, when you think about it, there are 493 pokemon now, there's probably gonna be 100 or 150 new pokemon. I don't see how they can keep going on making new pokemon and expect us to get them all. Now, I'm not saying this'll be the end of pokemon games, I'm just saying that 1. They might not be able to come up with very many new pokemon, and 2. It'll be extremeley hard to get them all. So there is a possibility it might be the end, but there's also a possibility that it won't be.

They don't expect us to get them all. Gotta Catch em all hasn't been used since RSE.

Well, when you think about it, there are 493 pokemon now, there's probably gonna be 100 or 150 new pokemon. I don't see how they can keep going on making new pokemon and expect us to get them all. Now, I'm not saying this'll be the end of pokemon games, I'm just saying that 1. They might not be able to come up with very many new pokemon, and 2. It'll be extremeley hard to get them all. So there is a possibility it might be the end, but there's also a possibility that it won't be.

Honestly, they're not going to run out of ideas any time
soon. There's tons of species ideas, mythological influences, etc they haven't done yet. There's hundreds of creative minds working on the Pokemon games; don't be so quick to discredit them. I don't really understand why so many people are actually complaining about new games being released...

This generation is the easiest to catch every pokemon in despite the larger list of pokemon to catch.

-There are 627 lilo and stitch experiments (all of them named, but not all of them have a design)
-Last I checked there were over 800 Digimon (although a lot of these are deferent forms of the same thing)

I think pokemon has got a couple more generations in it.

Well, I always have said that when they release "project moneymaker" (HGSS remakes) then that would mean the franchise is nearing its End. I reckon they'll do at least couple of games for the 3DS and then finish. I honestly cant see them going past Gen V, especially with this "back to basics" titling of Black & White. Its almost apocalyptic.

EDIT: However, I do remember someone (tajiri, presumably) saying they have at least 1000 ideas for pokémon so if that holds true then that sould take us upto around Gen 8 or 9, depending on how many pokémon they add each Gen.

Last edited:
Well its just a rumor. If Pokemon is still big at the end of Gen V, why stop then when GF could make more money with it?

Nope. In gen VI, there will be DP remakes, and more new games.

Hopefully no DP remakes please

especially with this "back to basics" titling of Black & White. Its almost apocalyptic.

That "back to basics" has no bearing on wether or not pokemon will end, just silly thinking, we have no idea yet why the games are named what they are (usually its a good reason) and names of the pokemon games have no bearing on the franchise ending or not, making money does, if they know pokemon will stop making money after Gen V (or VI or whatever), only then it will end

i think this will be the last gen for new pokemon, there will be future pokemon generations, but not new pokemon, just more lands, and stories, ect..

Out of commercial sense probably not,but whether the series retains its charm is a different question.
I'm optimistic about Gen V,though :)
(unlike with IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom