• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White to be enhanced on 3DS: Full 3D not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeta said:
Mana Ibe is but a Pokemon designer/art person. I'm not sure why she would even be involved in a third version, or anything at GameFreak aside from new Pokemon designs that would entail an new generation. She is not a part of the direction, production, or business end of the games. In other words, unless new Pokemon are being designed, she doesn't even need to be called into the office. It is very common for art workers to be divorced from any part of the game development that is not directly related to concept art production.
Mana Ibe was credited in Pokémon Platinum, even though she hadn't designed any of the Generation IV Pokémon.

Mana Ibe was credited in Pokémon Platinum, even though she hadn't designed any of the Generation IV Pokémon.

If she did design earlier species, it'd make sense that she'd be listed in the credits in subsequent games, considering those species still appear.

There is a separate interview (in German) with Junichi Masuda and Mana Ibe. No questions about future games were asked, but this shows that Ibe is not an obscure member of the staff.

If she did design earlier species, it'd make sense that she'd be listed in the credits in subsequent games, considering those species still appear.
The first game she worked on was Platinum, so she hadn't designed any Pokémon prior to Generation V. I don't know how she was able to contribute to Platinum's development, but it is obvious from this interview that she is knowledgeable on more things than just design.

Also, if Zeta is right about her only working on Generation VI at the moment, it still goes to show a lot. She wouldn't have to be designing new Pokémon so soon under normal circumstances; even though Black and White's development technically started in late 2006, it was only in 2008 that the team started to design the Pokémon.

Last edited:
Sweeeeeeet. I don't think I need full 3D features, I just needed to know that it will be enhanced to get me to actually get off my butt and get a 3DS quickly. Hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom