• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

Who knows what will happen. While they're at it why not make the elite 4 the elite 6 since clearly 4 is not challenging enough. At least we'll have some consistancy.

Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

It's more than likely. Still that's why repels where invented.

Another thing that's troubling me with this is that ... the games are being released in an month and a half ... if Masuda is being 100% honest and that we are expecting about 100-150 new pokemon with no previous mons...

We know of about 25/30ish that are confirmed?

Are we waiting for a massive news leak?

Not all the pokémon will be leaked before the game is released.

Also, some people are saying 151 for the new regional dex, and 56 upgrades or babies to previous pokémon, brining the number to 600. Dunno if thats a rumour or wishlisting, seen it around a couple of times.

Also, some people are saying 151 for the new regional dex, and 56 upgrades or babies to previous pokémon, brining the number to 600. Dunno if thats a rumour or wishlisting, seen it around a couple of times.

Thats similar to what was said during the D/P speculation, where most people thought that the number would be rounded to 500. Close!

But since the new region wont have any of the preexistant pokemon, Im 97.6% sure that the gen V naitonal dex will surpass 600. By quite a lot, acutally.

Eh, I think it's going to be good, as long as they're not all expies of previous mons. I'm looking forward to figuring out new strategies and FINALLY being more educated about a game than my fiance is.

And I really don't care if koromori (if that's the fluffy bat's name) is the same a Zubat... I think it adds to the experience.

Plus... CHILLARMY. Who can freaking resist CHILLARMY?????

*pauses for a second*
Wait...... NO MORE EEVEE!?!?????? NO EEVEELUTIONS???????????????? *dies*

Mathfail.

s'okay I did that too.

This whole "no old pokemon" thing makes me both happy and sad, though it will be refreshing without zubats, geodudes and tentacools to bother me.

56 seems like way too many additional evos and prevos, given that they're going to be post-national dex. Personally, I think we'll see less than ten new evos, and no new prevos at all (since they've always been pre-national dex).

Also: I'm not convinced Koromori will be the new Zubat. The animal it's based on is a forest-dweller, not a cave-dweller, so I think there'll be something else bothering us in caves...

Also: I'm not convinced Koromori will be the new Zubat. The animal it's based on is a forest-dweller, not a cave-dweller, so I think there'll be something else bothering us in caves...

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier today. Why stick a forest-dweller in a cave? It's like filling a forest with Zubats (though I suppose, if you go into the forest at night, that will happen).

...I think that with the information provided by the blog, that something more than a new generation is befalling! What this is...

...is a Pokémon Rennaissance!

I'm really looking forward to having an all new experience. I think this will plan out like they wanted it to. I'm happy they did this.

(except that I won't be able to use eeveelutions :/ )

On the whole I think this is a good thing. It won't hinder my Dex at all since I already have a living Dex in HeartGold. (Thank God for PokeShifter!)

Just ALL pure new ones! This is brilliant.

Does anyone else think that this means that is ten years some fans will think of Black and White the same way we think of Red and Blue?

A lot of fans WILL start with Black and White, so yeah.

Ummm am I the only one who is going to miss those Pokémon?!
But on another note I don't think that that heart bat thing is going to replace Zubat in the form of bing in every cave you enter. Seriously I don't.

I'm surprised that no one has noted that this probably means that two types will be underrepresented in the Isshu Dex. It doesn't have to be that way, but that is what happened with Dragon and Ghost in Kanto and with Ice, Electric and Fire in Diamond and Pearl's Sinnoh.

I'm surprised that no one has noted that this probably means that two types will be underrepresented in the Isshu Dex. It doesn't have to be that way, but that is what happened with Dragon and Ghost in Kanto and with Ice, Electric and Fire in Diamond and Pearl's Sinnoh.

Huh? Explain. I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

If what Masuda claims is true, we'll have 150 Pokemon at best in the Isshu Dex. Kanto and Sinnoh (in Diamond and Pearl) had the same number, and several types were severely underrepresented in both regions as a result.

Ummm am I the only one who is going to miss those Pokémon?!

You know, when people word it like that it sort of implies that the Pokemon are going away forever... They're not. There'll be post National Dex Pokemon and you have PokeShifter.

I don't understand how that came out confusing, but what I meant was that due to the relatively low count of species (151), some types might have no more than three representing evolutionary lines in the Isshu Dex. Kanto only had one Ghost line (Gastly) for the Ghost type and one for Dragon (Dratini); Sinnoh originally had two for Ice (Sneasel and Snover), two for Fire (Chimchar and Ponyta) three for Electric (Shinx, Pachirisu and Pikachu) and three for Dragon (Gible, Dialga and Palkia).

Last edited:

You know, when people word it like that it sort of implies that the Pokemon are going away forever... They're not. There'll be post National Dex Pokemon and you have PokeShifter.

I know that but that's not my point. I've used a zubat before and when hey evolve they are a beast, honeslty they are. But depite most people not training or capturing them they are still there, IN EVERY SINGLE GAME. So I've got so used to Zubat (and even geodude and tentacool, even though I've never trained either of 'em) that I can't imagine NOT seeing them in a cave...

If what Masuda claims is true, we'll have 150 Pokemon at best in the Isshu Dex. Kanto and Sinnoh (in Diamond and Pearl) had the same number, and several types were severely underrepresented in both regions as a result.

Oh well...can't have everything. :-(

I'm not sure if some types WILL be underepresented though. We have that little dragon type one already and it looks like it might be available early in the game.

@Yumega
"I know that but that's not my point. I've used a zubat before and when hey evolve they are a beast, honeslty they are. But depite most people not training or capturing them they are still there, IN EVERY SINGLE GAME. So I've got so used to Zubat (and even geodude and tentacool, even though I've never trained either of 'em) that I can't imagine NOT seeing them in a cave..."

Oh, I see. Yeah, well... there'll be new Pokemon to take their place, don't worry. It will probably 'feel' a little weird not finding Zubat in a cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom