• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in Game ...

Game Freak director Junichi Masuda has updated his blog with an unexpected announcement. Pokémon Black and White Versions will only feature Generation V Pokémon up until the player acquires the National Pokédex.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

I still find this an exaggeration on Masuda's part. It's not like they haven't exaggerated before. Besides, we've already seen Pikachu's picture on a billboard in Hiun City. Why would they bother to include Pikachu there, if the species isn't going to appear in Isshu in the wild?

Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

I'm not too disappointed by this really. It makes you use new pokemon, so you mix it up a little instead of using the same ones over and over. It's going to feel a lot like RSE now, which will be nice since Ruby was my first game. My only wish is that they make nearly all other pokemon available after getting the national dex so you don't have to rely on the new transfer feature.

Well, that's not surprising. I guess the Luvdisc evo will only be available after you get the national dex then.

I'm psyched by this.

We might actually get the 130-150 new Pokemon instead of just the silly old 100.

Oh Junichi, what more crazy new stuff will you come up with?

It will be an extremely sad day when he dies.

I love how this just means no more Zubat and Geodude in caves and no more Tentacool in water until you beat the E4. JOY.

The fact that there were only new Pokemon so far hints to this, but this confirmation is a pleasant surprise because the thought that there will only be new Pokemon in Isshu is very exciting. The only thing I wonder is if there exists evolution or pre-evolutions, and they exist outside the dex, will this amount to more than 160 new Pokemon, as I expect the Isshu dex to have 150 Pokemon.

I love how this just means no more Zubat and Geodude in caves and no more Tentacool in water until you beat the E4. JOY.

Instead, it'll be Koromori and co until we beat the E4. JOY.

I think there has to be some loopholes. Like with pokémon receiving pre-evos.

I was glad about the Zubats and Tentacools going away, too. But I'm pretty sure there will be some new equally annoying pokemon that appear all the time.

Thank goodness, I don't have to run into Geodude and Zubat in caves, as well as Tentacool and Wingull in the sea pre-National Dex.

On a side note: from the looks of things, Koromori could be Zubat's Isshu counterpart.

I think there has to be some loopholes. Like with pokémon receiving pre-evos.

If Masuda says there will be no pre-V pokes, I believe it.

That's obviously fake.

Instead, it'll be Koromori and co until we beat the E4. JOY.

Better than Zubat regardless, which we have been running into over and over again since 1996.

...I'm still on the fence about the rumored Sandshrew pre-evo.

Why would they give Sandshrew a pre-evo? It's tiny enough. I wouldn't give any credence to that rumor.

...Interesting. Very interesting.

Although...

THIS MEANS I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET ZUBAT RIGHT AWAY D: It's actually pretty useful.

I do like the idea of no Zubat (although it was my first shiny), but I hate the idea of Koromori. I hate that thing.

I'm actually quite excited about this idea. Now, we can have 150 pokemon from Isshu, without the worry of having to have pre-Gen V pokemon in the game. I do wonder if the pre/evolutions of pre-Gen V pokemon will be availible before the National Dex.

Wow, this was unexpected. I was obviously expecting at least a FEW Pokemon to be carried over in the new region.

No more Tentacool.
No more annoying Zubat.
No more Magikarp.

It's like the franchise is getting a 'restart' or something, what with the Routes restarting at 'Route 1' and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom