• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White will take place in the future of the Pokemon world, right?

Absur'd

Simply Farfetch'd
Reaction score
Who wants to battle older versions of the old protagonists? :<

They could be like legendary far-off region champions visiting a new land.
D:

We don't and can't know at this point and time. Deciding when the games take place in relevance to the other games takes time and references to other games in the game.

Based on a line in RSE, the Dream World technology definitely hasn't been realized as of the Generation III time period, but I suppose that we may be expected to overlook that fact.

The Celebi in the Zoroa event is the same one as in the Giovanni event, but given its time travel ability, that isn't saying much.

Well, it could also be that the dream world isn't technological at all.

img_game_image_L.gif

There are definitely technological elements to it. There is a reason why the C-Gear is linked to it.

wait, so it's confirmed the C-Gear has to do with the dream world? I thought that's what dream smoke was for.

It has been confirmed that the Game Sync is accessible through the C Gear, and that this is how Pokémon are sent to the Dream World. The Dream Smoke is probably just seen when the communication screen shows up.

There is a computer linked to a bed, so I'm not sure why we're discussing minor details.

Based on a line in RSE, the Dream World technology definitely hasn't been realized as of the Generation III time period, but I suppose that we may be expected to overlook that fact.
What line was this?

The mention of dream world in Ruby and Sapphire and its implementation here is what fascinates me, because it does have some kind of connection, and some people's evidence to the Generation 3 remakes. Yeah, I suppose that the availability of Dream World in Black and White do have some futuristic elements.

Or, the ideas of a tired office worker, still hung over from the office party? Who knows?

Also to be honest, we don't know if Black and White are going to be set in the same time period for the entire game. For example:

Black has Reshiram. Tail looks like a torch; a symbol of life in the past.
Black has Black City. Pretty darn technological.

White has Zekrom. Tail is a turbine; a symbol of life in the present?
White has White Forest. Looks pretty olde world.

Then there's that town which looks older in White, but more modern in Black.

Time Travel was a a notable plot point in Ranger 3, and anything involving Celebi. (Speaking of which, isn't it odd how in-game, Dialga didn't do anything relating to time?)

The mention of dream world in Ruby and Sapphire and its implementation here is what fascinates me, because it does have some kind of connection, and some people's evidence to the Generation 3 remakes. Yeah, I suppose that the availability of Dream World in Black and White do have some futuristic elements.
I highly doubt when they were making Ruby and Sapphire they thought "lol, we'll remake this in 10 years. In 8 years, we'll make a game where you can see dreams. Hurr Durr" mainly because they would have had no idea how people would take the reboot, or how other remakes would have sold. The Dreams thing could have been an inside joke, that with BW, went a tad too far xD

It can hardly be used as evidence of remakes being on the agenda. If anything, it supports the sequel theory.

Ryu Shoji said:
Then there's that town which looks older in White, but more modern in Black.
But Hiun City is notably unchanged between the two versions, as are Team Plasma's medieval elements. I don't think there is anything more to the version differences than graphical fluff.

But Hiun City is notably unchanged between the two versions, as are Team Plasma's medieval elements. I don't think there is anything more to the version differences than graphical fluff.
*shrugs* You never know. Maybe Team Plasma's goal is slightly different in each version? Like Galactic's should have been. In Diamond, they should have wanted to go back to the Dawn of Civilisation and create it in their view, and in Pearl, to create an alternate dimension. The summoning of Dialga and Palkia just seemed random in both versions.

I do think that the story climax will take place in Black City and White Forest depending on the version, even though that hasn't been confirmed. But the other locations with version differences are probably not indicative of anything, since Hiun City is still modern in White version, as is that castle medieval in Black version.

I would definitely like to battle a red in his 20s/30s, but not against Lucas, I think it's too soon. Maybe the games have been moving on in time just like in gold and silver, just they don't point it out in the game.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom