• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black & White Speculation Contest - Week 1: Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my guess for the Gen V region. Until coming across this contest, I never realized that the regions in Pokemon were based off of those in Japan. Very cool.

Anyway, hope I win!

This is my guess, because of the tradition of islands and such but my hypothesis includes a little bit of mainland, not a lot, just for like the safari zone or pal park but still included in my hypothesis so if it includes a bit of the mainland i want to be counted as correct.

Last edited:
My guess doesn't fit on the map... because it isn't on the map!
I would like Nintendo to set the game where Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (preferably Red/Blue, because of the Friend Areas) takes place.
I could be in the past... before the Pokémon took over.

This is my guess. Exclude any parts of Sinnoh that have snuck into the pink boundaries pleez. thanks.

fkq.png

My guess. (the box without a name next to it, borders with Kanto)

I have two ideas:
Regions2.png

I like the idea of starting in one large Island, taking the first four Gyms there. Then you get surf and move on to the other Island and take on the last four Gyms. Then you go back to the other Island and Surf to the Tiny Island on the back and, as usual, use Waterfall. This would be the Elite Four. It's also connected to Johto and Hoenn, so you could visit one of the two, or both.

Or

Regions1.png

A lot of people have speculated this. It's large and stuff, and I see the region being based on this, but I'd much rather have the first one.

I think, due to the hint left in Embedded Tower, that this region will be located in between Hoenn and Johto. However, it could also be located between Sinnoh and Johto. My actual guess, somewhere in between all three

i think the gen 5 could very well be based on a more tropical area like Hawaii, there are a lot of Japanese in Hawaii and it would seem to be a good place to base a game.

I predict the area I marked in red....

Carefully leaving out the general area of Cianwood City and the Safari Zone...

I have two ideas:
Regions2.png

I like the idea of starting in one large Island, taking the first four Gyms there. Then you get surf and move on to the other Island and take on the last four Gyms. Then you go back to the other Island and Surf to the Tiny Island on the back and, as usual, use Waterfall. This would be the Elite Four. It's also connected to Johto and Hoenn, so you could visit one of the two, or both.

Or

Regions1.png

A lot of people have speculated this. It's large and stuff, and I see the region being based on this, but I'd much rather have the first one.
You can't have two guesses for the contest. You have to pick one.

In my mind, I envision the 5th generation to be nestled between the Hoenn and Johto regions. In terms of going back to other areas, it would be a given that you could take a ferry from the northeastern peninsula to perhaps Hoenn's Rustboro city or Route 115 be the sea. As for traveling to the east, the landscape would be naturally connected to Cianwood city, which is on the very southeast of the area, since Johto never expanded beyond the city, yet never stated that it was an island with nothing beyond the safari zone area. Similar to Sinnoh's Mt. Coronet, the river that splits the land into northern and southern parts will play a bit part in the diversity of this unexplored land.

...Wow, after actually thinking this one through, I hope this is what they do!
unduoh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom