• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black & White Speculation Contest - Week 1: Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

I think it is above Johto and Kanto

I like Chugoku
350px-Japan_Chugoku_Region_large.png

This puts Gen V right in the between of Johto and Hoenn. This makes sense due to the links made to Johto in the upcoming movie (Beasts and Celebi) - this link is made even stronger due to the fact that the shiny dogs given out at the movie will unlock something in Black and White. Also, placing it near Hoenn makes sense with the remake pattern that has emerged (although DPPt showed us this wasn't necessary).

You should add the island below it(isn't it called Shikoku or something?). It'll make it bigger, and anyways, the area you outlined seems a bit small.

Plus, we get the first region with two different landmasses. :)

And perhaps the ability to go through every main series region except Sinnoh(DPPt's still here anyways, and they're on the same console).

This sounds fun. Let's see...
Each region is always following the culture or an event of its real world counterpart. Generation IV did end by adding a deity that started it all, so its a bit hard to guess what can surpass it. My guess is that the next region would follow a slightly modern event, the 20th century for example. The only event I can think of is the world wars, so I'm guessing the Chugoku and Shikoku regions, with the Hiroshima and all. The city was bombed but rose to a Metropolis who loved peace. The war part is a bit offensive(sorry about that, it is a guess after all). Whatever the story is, I'm guessing Chugoku and Shikoku.
(This is sort of embarassing, but I don't know how to upload the picture -_-")

As many have said, I choose Chugoku and Shikoku.

This is the outline I think will be included. I think maybe Cianwood will be there, but not sure about Johto as a whole.

PS: I vote that Xasun should get a consolation price IF we somehow end anywhere on the moon at least once in the game... xD

This thread will be closed in approximately 22 hours, and the 2nd round of speculation will begin. The winner of this contest will be known as soon as news is officially announced about the region for Black & White (whenever that is), and will be contacted by forum PM and email.

I think that you'll get to be able to go to all of the regions in pokemon black and white... Did you know? They'll have the newest pokemon in pokemon black and white version.
I guess that the game will probably be in the Sinnoh area... Do you want to know why? All newest pokemon games are in the sinnoh region like pokemon pearl and diamond...

I think that you'll get to be able to go to all of the regions in pokemon black and white... Did you know? They'll have the newest pokemon in pokemon black and white version.
I guess that the game will probably be in the Sinnoh area... Do you want to know why? All newest pokemon games are in the sinnoh region like pokemon pearl and diamond...
It's a new generation, and of course it will have the new pokemon, it's GEN 5

...well, unlike some people that have just signed up this part of the year, for some specific reason, I don't really expecct to win, but hell, it doesn't hurt to try! XD

So here's my new guess:

picture.php

My guess is that it will be based in the Chūgoku region, with bits of the Shikoku region present, just like in Jhoto. Any surrounding, smaller islands may also be present, as well as surrounding bodies of water! The borderlines may be found next to the Kansai region and in the northern part of the Shikoku region.

I would like to discard my first guess:
picture.php

My guess, like most, will be here, where other online maps label "Shikoku". I say so, because it seems like a reasonable size for a Pokémon region. I guess that some of the smaller, surrounding islands will be made into in-game locations as well, and possibly part of the main land above. Some cities, such as Uwajima and Matsuyama, may also have game counterparts. (P.S. I'm betting my money that the first city revealed is based on Uwajima!)

I suggest the island between Hoenn and Johto.
Route 47, 48 (modified version, e.g., the 4 stones in the river will be removed to make it possible to connect to new area) will be in the game, but new routes may count starting from 51. Safari zone will share the same one as Johto's. Cliff Edge Gate will be blocked in some way thus Cianwood city Gym will not be counted as a Gym in new region.

It's a new generation so you should know that it will be based in a new region and only include a maximum of two regions which means, if it's in the Sinnoh region, that it won't be the first region you can travel to and not all the newest games have been in the sinnoh region, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are in Johto and Kanto. Regarding "Did you know? They'll have the newest pokemon in pokemon black and white version." if it's based in a new region it will most likely have new pokemon and all the other pokemon and if it was in Sinnoh then of course it will have the newest pokemon, therefore it's a given that the newest pokemon will be in the game.

attachment.php

I think it is above Johto and Kanto

Um..You basically ripped my image! I know there's bound to be same guesses but the outline in the image you posted is EXACTLY like mine. At least outline it yourself. :mad:

They just have no possibility of winning unless the poster of original image posts again with a different idea.

Yea, I don't think so. Why would I have to be penalized for someone breaking the rule?

The goofball who ripped my image and link(not too bright eh?) should be disqualified.

Yea, I don't think so. Why would I have to be penalized for someone breaking the rule?

The goofball who ripped my image and link(not too bright eh?) should be disqualified.

He could win if you change your idea.

No, you're not the one whose penalized. Basically, unless you decide to change your guess he can't win. If your guess is right and you don't change, you win and he doesn't. That's if I understand the rules correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom