• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black & White Speculation Contest - Week 2: The Professor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the professor's a girl, I'd say Maple or Willow.

If they're a boy, then I think maybe Cypress, Linden, or Cedar.
Let's go with Willow.

Last edited:
If the professor's a girl, I'd say Maple or Willow.

If they're a boy, then I think maybe Cypress, Linden, or Cedar.

...only one name out of the 5 that you've guessed.

It should have occurred to you that some of us don't want to win, we just want to speculate and share our speculation with others.

It should have occured to you that this thread is titled:
Black & White Speculation Contest - Week 2: The Professor. This is a contest and if somebody posts they should at least make a serious attempt otherwise go to a speculation thread that isn't a contest.

EDIT: oops, just read your reply to Umeko when they said the exact same thing. Just disregard this one.

Last edited:
What about pokemon white?

Must... holf back... racist comment... before i get infracted...

I will put my bets on Maple aswell. and maybe a girl. im iffy on this with random Sexist people out there raving about it.

Edit: to extreme. i removed the name. if white it dosent really matter, Professor Maple would still go with it

Last edited:
Ebony? Will it be the first time a black person would be important in a mainstream Pokemon game?

Possibly.

My prediction was the japanese equivalent of Professor Ebony, with the unofficial part being the English translation as Professor Myrtle. What I didn't mention is that I could see there being two professors. The second professor's name would relate to "white" in the same way that ebony relates to black. This suggests Professor Spruce or Professor Aspen, both of which are generally white woods.

To be clear, though, my prediction is the Japanese equivalent of Professor Ebony (if they're different between the two versions, then the professor that gives you your starter in Black is this one, with the other one giving it to you in White), with the rest only being side-notes.

I'm going with prof Holly and it being a woman prof.

My guess is Prof. Hawthorn, which is close to another poster's guess BUT derived from the Rhaphiolepis family rather than from Crataegus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhaphiolepis

For the record, I also believe it will be a woman, with dark indigo hair and glasses. Just cause.

maybe to tie in with the more modern aspect of b/w maybe a synthetic plant not sure yet on name.
maybe prof lichen if female
and prof quince? all the male prof's trees are found in europe.

I'm going to say Professor Marigold. I can't think of a good reason other than it's a pretty name and a pretty flower.

Dr. Sakura

Perhaps there will be a female professor, like in the anime. Sakura being a Japanese flower, this may well fit. Never know.

Professor Maple. I'm not sure. It would make Canadians happy. Plus, maples are just nice trees in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom