• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Blastoise vs Empoleon

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Blastoise vs Empoleon

blastoise.png
VS
empoleon.png

Blastoise and Empoleon don't have much in common other than being Water Starters. Still, Blastoise does envy Empoleon's typing and Empoleon envies Blastoise's speed. There's really not much to say here.

Who's more useful?

Who'd win?

Who do you like better?

I'm a fan of Empoleon, I really am. I just like Blastoise much better. Blastoise is my favorite Water Starter, Empoleon is at number three. I admit, it's purely aesthetic since Empoleon outperforms Blastoise most of the time, but I just can't say no to those damn sexy cannons. I still think Blastoise should have been Water/Steel too. Also, he needs a good healing move (why didn't GF give him Slack Off?)

Other Blastoise Starter matchups:

Blastoise vs Feraligatr

Blastoise vs Swampert

Blastoise vs Daikenki

Other Empoleon Starter matchups:

Feraligatr vs Empoleon

Swampert vs Empoleon

Empoleon vs Daikenki

Last edited:
Empoleon. A steel penguin is a sexy concept. Coincidentally, Empoleon has the much better movepool, too.

Who's more useful?
The blue one.
Who'd win?
See previous answer.
Who do you like better?
The sea turtle with freakin' cannons in its shell.

Originally Empoleon was my favorite Sinnoh starter, but now I'm more "meh" towards it. It's still a good Mon, I just prefer Blastoise.

Blastoise is my favorite starter, and has a great appearance.

Maybe going a little overboard Envoy?

I voted for Blastoise, my Blastoise in Red Version was the best.

When I first saw Piplup, I expected a Water/Ice-type, due to the whole penguin thing. Empoleon and its Water/Steel-typing was a pleasant surprise.

Emperor penguin for me.

Blastoise. They fact that they have a turtle with a pair of cannons is brilliant.

Empoleon is pretty cool, but I've always preferred Blastoise as the turtle Pokemon holds good memories from my childhood. Additionally, you have to admit that a turtle with huge cannons on its back does look rather intimidating.

Blastoise can hit Empoleon with Earthquake, but Empoleon is more powerful and has great defense. Maybe Blastoise would win barely.

I like Empoleon better though. I never really liked Blastoise. Empoleon is a metal Penguin named after a French dictator.

I find Blastoise better in all categories, but it doesn't matter anyway. Whenever there's a contest involving Blastoise, I choose him. ^^

I love them both, and Blastoise is my favorite starter. However, Empoleon does better in battle, and looks more interesting. So, Empoleon.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom