• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Blastoise vs Feraligatr

Feraligatr has always really annoyed me because for some bizarre reason the designers thought it'd be better to not put a vowel between the t and the r. I hate that. I also think the look of it is pretty crappy. (Just my humble opinion).

The reason was the character limit. Feraligator is eleven characters long, but the game only has space for ten, so they had to remove a letter. It wasn't just a stylistic choice. The same thing happened to Victreebel.

Feraligatr has always really annoyed me because for some bizarre reason the designers thought it'd be better to not put a vowel between the t and the r. I hate that. I also think the look of it is pretty crappy. (Just my humble opinion).

The reason was the character limit. Feraligator is eleven characters long, but the game only has space for ten, so they had to remove a letter. It wasn't just a stylistic choice. The same thing happened to Victreebel.

I can't believe I've never realised that... thank you! I take back what I said.

Well, not the part about preferring Blastoise haha :)

Seriously though, thanks!

Blastoise is always going to win it out for me. He looks better, in my opinion. My first starter was a Squirtle on Blue version and I raised him to be a level 100 Blastoise.

IMO if a Pokemon's competitive lifestyle revolved around Rapid Spin, then there's not much to look at.

Sorry if I offended anyone there, but that's just how I roll when I compare.

Feraligatr on the other hand is looking quite good. Having used a Sheer Force Nidoking before, I can understand how the added power brought to the table by that ability can help. Boosting moves like Waterfall, Ice Punch, Crunch, and Rock Slide can really help in a Dragon Dance moveset.

Feraligatr. Blastoise looks lame in most of its artworks and sprites, plus it isn't as useful as the croc.

Blastoise naturally for has AMAZING Sp.Atk & Def ,and as my first level 100 blastoise is the king of the ocean

Feraligatr looks so much cooler, it's more offenisve which I prefer and I've used it alot. But I do like Blastoise.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom