• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Blastoise vs Torterra

Who do you like better?
Blastoise, I've never really liked the Grass starter lines, and I really love Blastoise's design.

Who's more useful?
I never use Torterra in in-game battles that didn't involve a run-through with it. I use Blastoise in-game for most of the games I play.

Who'd win in a battle?
With the right item and moveset, Blastoise could take down Torterra. Especially if Blastoise has an Ice-Type attack.

Uh, I really don't like Blastoise whatsoever. Squirtle and Wartortle are cool though. On the other hand, we have Torterra, which is one of my absolute favourite Pokemon ever. Not to mention it's got a cool dual-type, is a Grass starter (which always end up liking the most for some reason), and it's also great to use in-game. Blastoise would probably win in a battle with Torterra if it had Ice Beam, but battling ain't everything. Torterra has my vote.

I never liked Torterra or any of its pre evolutions. I don't like its design, I think it's really ugly tbh. Blastoise is not my favorite starter pokemon, but I still like it. With an ice type move, Blastoise would definitely win a battle.

I really like the Torterra line. Despite the double weakness it has in comparison to Blastoise, I found Torterra to be a bit more bulky. I'm not a fan of Blastoise, even though I like its pre-evolutions. :p

Blastoise has always looked dorky-it has this crazy, fleshy overbite. Torterra may have the same thing, but that looks more like a beak you'd see on a snapping turtle. Plus, though admittedly Blastoise's Ice Beam might send Torterra back to Arceus, if Torterra managed to go first with Frenzy Plant it'd be all over for Blastoise. Seriously, how the hell does ANYTHING Water-type survive that?

Torterra has better STAB, looks and good speed to make it useful in-game. In its game, Blastoise falls behind against Charizard. Competitively, they are both shafted, so it doesn't matter.

I'm Torterra hands down.

Torterra, it has a cooler design and a unique typing, even though it doesn't benefit from it that much. I still like Blastoise, though.

Blastoise vs Torterra

blastoise.png
VS
torterra.png

Battle of the turtle Starters (or are they toroises?) Anyway,

Kanto Water Starter vs Sinnoh Grass Starter. On the one hand, Blastoise is the original. On the other, Torterra has a unique type combination. Blastoise has freakin' CANNONS IN IT'S SHELL, but Torterra has AN ISLAND. Blastoise can defeat Torterra with Ice Beam, but Torterra can defeat Blastoise with STAB Grass attacks. So,

Who do you like better?

Who's more useful?

Who'd win in a battle?

I can't choose between them, so I'm just gonna cheat and pick 'em both. They're both too awesome for words anyway.
Torterra has been my personal favourite starter since its release. It may be a bit slow, but I had one as my starter in Diamond and he SWEPT teams. I think it’s the better design, as well. I love Blastoise, but apart from the cannons, it’s not much different from a blue bipedal tortoise. Logically, Blastoise would win in a battle, because of its speed advantage and 4x effective Ice Beam, but it depends. Either way my vote goes to Torterra for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom