• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Blaziken Or Infernape?

Infernape Or Blaziken?

• Blaziken

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • Infernape

Votes: 32 40.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that the poll (pool) is closed, but I'll reply anyway. I like Infernape better because
1) it is faster
2) it can learn Grass Knot via TM (one-shots many threatening Pokémon such as Rhyperior and Wailord)
3) its shiny form is slightly more creative, though both Blaziken and Infernape have boring shiny colours

Last edited:
I like Blaziken a lot better. Infernape is cool, but not at the "Blaziken" level.

Blaziken is so much cooler than Infernape

I think they both look nice and I think they should have a "Torchar". But if they get in a fight, Blaziken is gonna own Infernape with Brave bird.

True story. I was just embellishing to make Blaziken sound not as cool. Infernrape does pretty much top the scale of badass when it comes to pokemon though.
lol infern-rape

more on topic infernapes a better sweeper

Infernape isn't that good of a pokemon, my blastoise is a lot stronger. Blaziken served me well on ruby

Well it's the only fast of the Sinnoh trio plus Monkeys are cool!!! and it was useful in Sinnoh near the end when Blaziken in R/S/E was not

Well it's the only fast of the Sinnoh trio plus Monkeys are cool!!! and it was useful in Sinnoh near the end when Blaziken in R/S/E was not
I found Blaziken useful near the end, very useful but since I'm more comfortable with the fire monkey, Infernape it is.

Infernape isn't that good of a pokemon, my blastoise is a lot stronger. Blaziken served me well on ruby

We were speaking about Infernape vs. Blaziken. No matter how pwnz your Blastoise is, it does not matter and does not belong here.

My Vote goes to Infernape, because I hate the looks of Blaziken. It makes me say "GUH!!"... because its previous evolutions were so much more cute :/... Infernape is really cool though!

Were to start? In a one on one face off? Blaiken. Why? Simple - Blaziken can weild some pritty nasty attacks super effective against fighting types, (it learns Brave bird Come on!). However i have like 4 infernapes all set up diffrently as they are amazing!

everyone who dislikes some Hoenn pokémon because they're "rip-offs", and still voted infernape are hypocrits! Yes, you are. I would have voted Blaziken, but the poll is closed :/

Infernrape no doubt. Probably the best starter ever made in my opinion.

Infernape is a pokemon whose usefulness is only exceeded by his bad-assery. Blaziken is a fire chicken.

best starter final = blastoise its a bad ass canons on its shell come on u can't beat that

How is Blaziken better than Infernape? Infernape has everything Blaziken lacks. He has much more speed and a way better movepool. The extra power Blaziken doesn't make a bigger difference then Infernape's speed. Blaziken lacks a good fighting STAB move and is stuck with Superpower while Infernape gets Close Combat. His best stat up move is bulk up while Infernape gets Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. He can't support in any way while Infernape gets stealth rocks, encore, and a few other tricks. He is outclassed in every single role. Infernape will always have the better choice set due to U-turn. He will always have the better wall breaking set due to Grass Knot, and Close Combat as well as his stat up moves. Their is a reason one is OU and the other isn't. He is better, period. And for all of those saying Blaziken would win 1 vs. 1 it won't, Infernape will outspeed and OHKO with EQuake.

I understand some poeple feel Blaziken is better in-game but competitive battles show who is truly the best.

Last edited:
If the poll wasn't closed, I would vote Infernape. Fighting chicken? Maybe, but I don't like Blaziken's design. What's up with its feet? Fire monkey? Hell yes. I'm very fond of monkeys (barring all other Pokémon based off monkeys).

Blaziken. She has been carried over to my current team on Platinum. I still lack a final pokemon. I got 5/6

I can't vote on it but given the chance I'd choose Blaziken. It looks more intimidating than Infernape and is better at striking a fighting pose. PLus having used both in their respective games I found Blaziken to be of more use, although of course thats not entirely a fair test due to generation changes but all the same.

Unfortunately I'm a tad biased as I don't like monkeys or apes at all.

I personally MASSIVELY perefer Blaziken. Aesthetically, competitively, sentimentally, it's just awesome. Torchic was my first ever Pokemon in-game. I still have the Blaziken, heck I IV bred him and now his son is my favourite Platinum team member.

Much higher offenses, great movepool (Agility, Baton Pass, Brave Bird (although, he could use things like energy ball, an ice move and close combat in HG/SS). He can destroy pretty much any wall in the game, hurt faster yet frail Pokemon with Vacuum Wave or Quick Attack.

That and he came first, he was the original Fire/Fighting king. It's like Game Freak thought he was doing to well, and made something with more speed just to spite him. Infernape is basically an imposter, in that regard.

Plus I just love a martial arts master, fire breathing chicken. That, and I REALLY don't like monkeys. Especially when people start doing that stupid monkey noise. GGGGRRRRR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom