• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Blind or Spoiled - how much do you want to know?

Reaction score
It'll be tough to avoid everything for several months, but I am determined to go into Sun/Moon 100% blind. All I wanna know is the release date, and if there are any pre-order bonuses/special editions at certain stores. That's it. I don't wanna know a single detail. Not one Pokemon, nor location, character, or screenshot. Nothing. 100% blind. I want to see the starters for the very first time when I check their Pokeballs in the professor's lab. Totes blind. But damn it'll be difficult.

I went into Gens V and VI completely spoiled on almost every detail, and that took something away from me. Last time I went into a Pokemon game totally blind was Sapphire, my first Pokemon game ever. I'm gonna get Moon version and go in blind, and it's gonna be beautiful. I just have to be strong in the coming months to avoid everything diligently.
Welp. This didn't happen. At all. Doesn't even sound like me looking back. I looked at friggin leaks and the datamined stuff. I'm all spoiled lol.

Damn you extra-lengthy, overzealous, internet encompassing, spoiler-y TPCi marketing season and your constant weakness to leakers!!!

Blind to everything that isn't officially revealed before the games come out. ...which is now near impossible because of the dataminers...
Nothing too spoiler-y here, no details, jut a general idea/statement.

Not to spoil anything, but I'll just say this: The dataminers didn't find tons of new things. We've already seen almost everything from TPCi. There wasn't a load of new content to be found, TPCi pulled an XY again.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I couldn't go blind even if I wanted to. I go on pokemon sites all the time. And I can never ignore a spoiler tag.

Reaction score
Having played the demo, I'm obviously not totally blind to Alolan Pokemon, however I am pleasantly surprised by how few Alolan Pokemon actually appeared in it. So that little bird we first saw is called Pikipek, is it? Resident team Flyer confirmed.

I dare you to read this title
Reaction score
I can personally deal with official trailers, but I want to play through the game's story so I don't wind up a spoiler victim.

Team Rocket Grunt
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. Up until the demo, I was just checking out all the new Pokémon and avoiding plot info - I haven't even watched the trailers. Now I'm torn as to whether to wait for the datamined Pokémon to be officially revealed or just look at them now.

Update: finally caved and looked at some of them. Nothing too surprising. No strong feelings about whether I should have looked or not. Hope there's more that are somehow hidden, though, lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only want to know what has been revealed in the official trailers. Unfortunately, some of the datamined Pokemon were spoiled for me, but I think there might be more new Pokemon than just the ones from the datamine (or at least I hope so :)).

Space rock
Reaction score
I got spoiled on the final evolved forms of the starters, but aside from that I managed to avoid all leaks so far. I'm really tempted to just click on the demo datamine thread and suck in all the spoilers, but I'm staying strong. I have watched all of the official trailers and streams though.

Reaction score
Spoiled!

I really want to know what's going on and what to expect as soon as possible. It's my anxiety that hates being in the dark, and the more I know, the more likely I'll enjoy the experience.

That is... for the most part.

Reaction score
Spoiled, been looking up information as its being posted; just want to know what will be in the game.