• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Blind or Spoiled - how much do you want to know?

For me it was Bergmite and Avalugg, although I'd heard the name Avalugg before that. But seeing a wild Bergmite having never seen it before was so so exciting.
For full disclosure, I'd heard rumors of an alleged Fighting/Flying type combination and at some point prior to release the name "Hawlucha" was leaked, but standard rumor policy applied so I just ignored them out of hand. Which probably only increased my hype upon discovering it was actually real.

Anyway, as far as my media blackout goes, now I realize that I can't check Youtube.com normally because I can guarantee that several of the channels that pop-up on the various homepage widgets (popular, recently uploaded, etc.) will obviously be covering every bit of Sun/Moon info that comes out.

...and is there any way to switch off user avatars on this forum?

Last edited:
I don't mind either way. I wasn't too spoiled for X/Y compared to the other games, so I will admit that was a bit refreshing (though because of it I almost choked when I encountered a wild Klefki for the first time).

Spoilers has never really bothered me, but I would prefer, the starter evolutions to be a suprise.
Pokémon games don't tend to have the most complicated plot. So it's not like there is a whole lot to spoil, apart from the new Pokémon.

I like to see Pokemon Sun and Moon news to see what's there and it makes me more excited on what's in the games that we don't know about. My brother wants to go into Sun and Moon blind because he wants to see it for himself. I don't think my brother pays attention to Pokemon news anyways.

I do like to be spoiled on the final evolutions of the starters. Hell, even brand new Pokemon releases are great, too!

Plots and walkthroughs... those I don't like to be spoiled on. I'll stay away from all walkthroughs until I beat the main storyline and whatever side quest they have post game.

I don't care either way, but this is the first generation that I really want to know more information on. Me getting spoiled doesn't ruin the excitement I'll have when the games come out anyway, so I don't care if I get spoiled on the plot, Pokemon, etc.

I like planning my teams out in advance so I like to know as much as I can about the new monsters and their evolutions (esp. when it comes to the starters) asap.

Otherwise, I gladly just fly in blind as I take my sweet time and thoroughly squeeze as much available to me during the main events. The only time a Pokemon game punished me for that was BW and its damnable Black City White Forest.

Pokemon, evolution methods, movesets: spoiled 100%

Otherwise, the most I want to know is whatever the trailers show. I don't want any major plot points.

As far as I'm concerned, the story is a given (badge quest and villainous B-plot) but the new Pokemon are a surprise.

This doesn't mean I'm okay with plot or story spoilers -- every generation has put a different spin on the basic formula -- it's just that we all know what to expect from the main series formula when it comes to narrative.

I'll follow all oficially released news, but once the games launch I'm getting away from the internet until I finish the main story. Maybe I'll take a look at the starter evolutions, but that's only a maybe.

Everything I can learn. The more I learn about a game, the more hyped I am.

One of my favorite parts of a new generation, as I learned from X and Y (even when I couldn't get the game until almost a year after), is discussing and speculating new and different aspects of the game. Though i don't have too many friends who play pokemon, and I love to text back and forth with the ones that do about every new thing. And I love going here and talking about each new thing that gets introduced. It excites me more and more.

Is it just me or did today's trailer showcase basically just the legendaries, the region, a few NPCs, and no new Pokemon?

I am okay with that.

Hmm ... anyone game for assembling a "reveal-free" digest of the official news?
Meaning no images, no revealed names. Just generic descriptions of what got revealed. Like this:

May 11 trailer
- Revealed the Grass-Fire-Water starter trio.
- Revealed legendary mascots.
- Pokemon Sun mascot is a lion whose mane resembles the Sun logo.
- Pokemon Moon mascot is a bat shaped like the Moon logo.

June 2 trailer
- Revealed typings, abilities, signature moves of the legendary mascots
- Revealed region map
- Revealed a few NPCs, including the regional professor

Blind as I can be. I am trying to avoid spoilers. I watched top 10 that had no warning in it that it would have gen 7 pokémon as soon as metioned 1 I existed the video. Avoiding spoilers is hard.

I want to know what is in the games so I know what is so exciting about them. Going in blind is not the same as learning of new stuff to get hyped for me.

The things I typically want to know before the release of the games are general things about the dex total number, but not specifics really (with a few surprises left for me to discover), the starter evolutions and their details such as typings and whatnot, and a very general explanation of how many gyms/trials we'll be getting in the games. That last one is more so to tell me how much I should expect in the game. It's just nice to know. Anything else is all stuff I'd rather go in blind to. Any story stuff I don't want to hear unless it's incredibly minor and character details are a no no too lol

In the past I stated I wanted to be spoiled somewhat, such as learning about 25-30 of the new Pokemon, but no more than that. However, ever since the Dragon Quest 8 remake for the 3DS got pushed back to next year, I've been desperately craving a new game, which causes me to crave info on Sun/Moon. So now my tune has changed a bit: I want to be spoiled in terms of new Pokemon, as it makes team building and general strategy easier, but be almost completely blind to the story and other gameplay events. While obviously I'm not completely blind to the story, as things like Ultra Beasts and tidbits from various media have given me a general idea of what to expect, I won't touch any info on other story elements until I actually get the games. I'd rather find out how the story plays out on my own, as that's more enjoyable, than have it told to me beforehand. So as long as any other reveals are just things like Pokemon and maybe Trial Captains, I'll be happy, but any story elements are completely off-limits from this point forward.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom