• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Blind or Spoiled - how much do you want to know?

I want to see all the new Pokemon (see, not just read details about them) but I don't want to know about anything else like locations, characters or story.

Pokemon are a big part of the experience for me, so playing through the story with a Pokemon I wasn't keen on wouldn't be enjoyable. So I at least want to know what they all look like before going into the game. (even if I haven't really decided on what I'm going to use)

It's a little too late for me to go into these games completely blind about the dex, like I originally wanted.

I LOVED the first few days of X and Y when information about new pokemon and their stats, moves, evolution methods, etc trickled out via potato cams; that was so damn exciting. But if this demo gets datamined I can't say I won't look.

I'm still relatively successful at my avoiding accidental Sun/Moon news coverage. I have unfortunately encountered a wild Pokemon name here and there, but I'm quick to divert my attention elsewhere to minimize how much impression it leaves.

One more month....

I want to know all the things in terms of the Pokemon themselves, but I don't want any of the story.

So if the entire Pokedex was leaked, along with stats, moveset and how it's caught, evolved, its abilities etc, I'd gladly read that, because I like to plan my team in advance.

But I wouldn't want any of the story revealed. I think the Ultra Beasts should have keen kept completely under wraps for example.

I also limit myself on pokemon alone. I never thought it had any bearing on how I play the game, and I'd rather play with pokemon I know I like than fumbling around like an idiot.

I'll take any spoiler. No matter what it's about and no matter how big it is.

That being said, I wouldn't actually want everything to be spoiled, because I know most people aren't like me when it comes to spoilers, and I don't need them. I just have no limits on which spoilers I'll indulge if any do come out.

let some be hiden in the games. I like to be spoiled in 50% , 50% blind trust.

But would want to know how a move or ability works or would work, they could ask fans more about that on forums and chatrooms, probably they are doing that in this moment.
But if they want to know the fans opinions and make changes before the game realese, then better let the fans say what type of pokemon they see, what effects and names they want (Wishiwashi-water/ghost wasted oportunity, Lycanroc-both forms would deserve secondary typing with immunities) not what they get like from a cannon in the face.

If this were a big story game like Persona 5 or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, maybe I'd care about spoilers, but it's bloody Pokemon.

I think that after this demo gets released, I'll stop looking at Serebii and these forums, as there's the high possibility of a Datamine. I just hope that the remaining month goes fast.

Even if the demo gets datamine, I probably won't complain much because the more I know about the game, the more hype there is to play them in my opinion.

I want to know all the Pokemon and everything about them, it's not taking away any of the fun for me and I like to plan my teams and Pokemon themselves. I like knowing when they evolve, what movesets they have, base stats and all that juicy good stuff.

Characters and locations I tend to find out about too, but not too much since that could always be potential story spoilers, which is what I try to avoid.

I want to know all the Pokemon and everything about them, it's not taking away any of the fun for me and I like to plan my teams and Pokemon themselves. I like knowing when they evolve, what movesets they have, base stats and all that juicy good stuff.

Characters and locations I tend to find out about too, but not too much since that could always be potential story spoilers, which is what I try to avoid.

Same here. I don't mind knowing the Pokemon but I want to know as little as possible about the story.

I wanna know all the new Pokemon as well as their movesets, base stats abilities etc. since I enjoy planning out my team before playing the game.

When it comes to plot details and characters I'd rather remain blind.

Blind would probably be very fun, but I just consider it to be way too difficult, with the internet and my friends and all... Plus, I'm already European, so I'm getting the game later than most of the world, making it even harder to avoid spoilers.

So, I usually try to get the info first so that I won't find out by less trustworthy or accurate sources.

I like to know my starter's final forms and version exclusive pokemon. i don't care if i find out the pokedex but everything else i prefer to be blind too.

Exactly one month until release, and the SM demo comes out... now the big question is, should I play the demo now or save it until closer to Nov.18th....

Initially I wanted to know as little as I could, but I know that I probably couldn't be kept in the dark since anything that is revealed will likely be seeped into other places, especially user avatars. I do manage to fend of certain information, so it's not a total spoil for me, but I wonder if I would enjoy the games more if I am in the dark from every information revealed and leaked.

So basically, spoiled a little bit, but blind for as much as I could.

Thanks for reading.

Welp. This feels like a sin bin now. I opened a few spoiler tags in the datamine thread. Although there aren't many story spoilers, I do regret it.

Blind to everything that isn't officially revealed before the games come out. ...which is now near impossible because of the dataminers...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom