• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Blind or Spoiled - how much do you want to know?

It'll be tough to avoid everything for several months, but I am determined to go into Sun/Moon 100% blind. All I wanna know is the release date, and if there are any pre-order bonuses/special editions at certain stores. That's it. I don't wanna know a single detail. Not one Pokemon, nor location, character, or screenshot. Nothing. 100% blind. I want to see the starters for the very first time when I check their Pokeballs in the professor's lab. Totes blind. But damn it'll be difficult.

I went into Gens V and VI completely spoiled on almost every detail, and that took something away from me. Last time I went into a Pokemon game totally blind was Sapphire, my first Pokemon game ever. I'm gonna get Moon version and go in blind, and it's gonna be beautiful. I just have to be strong in the coming months to avoid everything diligently.

Welp. This didn't happen. At all. Doesn't even sound like me looking back. I looked at friggin leaks and the datamined stuff. I'm all spoiled lol.

Damn you extra-lengthy, overzealous, internet encompassing, spoiler-y TPCi marketing season and your constant weakness to leakers!!!

Blind to everything that isn't officially revealed before the games come out. ...which is now near impossible because of the dataminers...

Nothing too spoiler-y here, no details, jut a general idea/statement.

Not to spoil anything, but I'll just say this: The dataminers didn't find tons of new things. We've already seen almost everything from TPCi. There wasn't a load of new content to be found, TPCi pulled an XY again.

Having played the demo, I'm obviously not totally blind to Alolan Pokemon, however I am pleasantly surprised by how few Alolan Pokemon actually appeared in it. So that little bird we first saw is called Pikipek, is it? Resident team Flyer confirmed.

I can personally deal with official trailers, but I want to play through the game's story so I don't wind up a spoiler victim.

I have mixed feelings. Up until the demo, I was just checking out all the new Pokémon and avoiding plot info - I haven't even watched the trailers. Now I'm torn as to whether to wait for the datamined Pokémon to be officially revealed or just look at them now.

Update: finally caved and looked at some of them. Nothing too surprising. No strong feelings about whether I should have looked or not. Hope there's more that are somehow hidden, though, lol.

Last edited:
I only want to know what has been revealed in the official trailers. Unfortunately, some of the datamined Pokemon were spoiled for me, but I think there might be more new Pokemon than just the ones from the datamine (or at least I hope so :)).

I got spoiled on the final evolved forms of the starters, but aside from that I managed to avoid all leaks so far. I'm really tempted to just click on the demo datamine thread and suck in all the spoilers, but I'm staying strong. I have watched all of the official trailers and streams though.

Spoiled!

I really want to know what's going on and what to expect as soon as possible. It's my anxiety that hates being in the dark, and the more I know, the more likely I'll enjoy the experience.

That is... for the most part.

Spoiled, been looking up information as its being posted; just want to know what will be in the game.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom