• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BMG Veterans

Reaction score
This is the thread for any members to share their happy memories of BMG in the early days - the Old Bulba Days.

I first came to Bulbagarden, during the Old Bulba days which was in November-December 2000 that I remembring seeing three images when I first came to the site - It's related to the nine Pokemon from Neo 3 binder.

It been a little over 5 years since I discovered the site. I was on Serebii for like 4 or so months longer than BMG

What was yours?

Two words: Pokemon Online :D. Let's never forget Konidias and his awesome dream.

I also remember my first seeing Archaic as a wee Moderator in Pokemon Anime Discussion on BMG oO

Used to float around the chat a bit, remember that it was my source for all Japanese anime news. In fact I can remember the last anime ep I saw them covering with their 'Next In Japan' bit, the one in Johto with Jessie and that Mask thing (No Idea what lame title it got).

But what always seperated the old Bulbagarden for me has to be the Pokemon Online project that died a death. :(

i was a frequent visitor to the old school BMG. It was one of the few other Pokemon sites i visited 'back in the day'
*sigh*
how we ALL seem to miss those days..

I think I started visiting BMG in or around 2001, shortly after the shipping debates. Then I found TPM, SPP, and OPS (in that order, I think). And here I am today.

In those days i wasn't a member, but merely visited and read stuff. That's why I was so confused when it disappeared and even more confused when it came back.

- FalconriderX

I've been here since early 2000, However not on the same Username (obviously). But the main thing i remember is the Original Fizzy Bubbles and P.O.L (Pokemon Online).

I had access to it one freakish night, methinks because the board was being hacked at the time. Couldn't believe I actually got in...but I was even more shocked at what I saw! Nothing but spam, spam, spam...there was also "Operation 1337", though. Wait, that was spam, too. Yet, despite such an advantage, I was still able to beat that lot. :spam:

OMG!

This thread brings me back!

*has a flashback of visiting BMG* XD

Yeah, I think I visited the BMG site every day.

I loved it!

I'd spend hours and hours, just reading episode guides for episodes that hadn't aired in the U.S. yet (I loved reading about future episodes, that was awesome). *still has an old print out of the synopsis for "Electric Soldier Porygon"*

And of course, I also looked at the pictures for future episodes too.

Oh yeah, and I also loved the download section. It was awesome.

I remember downloading that Pokemon clip from the Norm show, which did kind of a parody on the Pokemon anime. That was hilarious! And I have that on my computer, actually......

Anyway, I had so much fun back in the old BMG days. I miss that.

It's a shame the site had to shutdown.

It was one of the best websites ever!!! ^_^

*thinks someone should start a Bring Back BMG project, where people could donate money to bring the site back up*

I remember I used to be hosted by BulbaGarden way back in 2000/2001. :p

I never got involved with the community though.

Archaic said:
....methinks you missed 'pedia and BN.

Seriously now...these are the center of the site today. We are not your traditional kind of site. We're something different.
Yeah, that's true, Archaic.

Although, I was kidding about the site thing (especially with the donating money part, I know people would never go that far)......

I mainly just wanted to see what someone would say.

And you're actually right about me missing Bulbapedia and Bulbanews. I've only read like a few articles on the pedia, and I don't remember visiting Bulbanews (yeah, I'm way behind the times).

I think I was around sometime in 2001. The biggest thing I remember was meeting a good net friend here who I'm still in contact with today. He managed to pick me out of the whole board because we actually lived in the same exact town in England XD He doesn't live here anymore though, he moved a year or two ago but we still speak on MSN messanger and he's still a member of my message board ^^

Anyway when the site went down I ended up losing contact with him for a long while, we'd only been talking through PMs, we even started co writing a fanfic through it XD Then a while later he managed to find my site and message board and eventually we finished off the fic through e-mail :D

Archaic said:
Seriously now...these are the center of the site today. We are not your traditional kind of site. We're something different.

Perhaps not so different as you may think; the style of a "database" backed by a central forum is becoming predominant nowadays in the Anime-related community, from Shounen Jump fansites to Enterbrain's RPG Maker series. BMG appears to be among the first to convert to such a format, but if anything, this website is just the herald of a new internet era.

I remember being on the old BMG under SSJ something(SSJGotenks?) I wasnt really too active though

Kurenai, you weren't SSJupiter, were you? I might have the names confused.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom