• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia BMGf Mafia III: GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BMGf Mafia III (Day 1: The Dawn of a New Game)

Don't make excuses for Coasting Wingull. :p

Alright, he's free to defend his own claim.

BANDWAGON!
Vote: No lynch
There wasn't much activity night 0 so I haven't collected enough data on anyone yet.

VOTE: HELLION

HE WAS SEREBII BEFORE, HE MUST BE SEREBII AGAIN.

ROFL!

Urgh... I hate not voting. I don't mind a tie on day 1, I mind no votes. Voting for no lynch means that people don't get a vote on record and don't take positions, so afterwards, we can't draw conclusions from their votes. Plus, the mafia just jumps into the bandwagonand gets a free kill.

I'll hold my vote until later, but I will vote.

Except I feel it may be fine treating a No Vote to the equivalent of a typical vote, of course that carries much less punch than a full vote. I'd still draw conclusions from that.

Mmm. I'm willing to change my vote if presented with evidence that I agree with, otherwise I'd be fairly dumb by not abstaining.
Ugh. I should be truly abstaining.
Unvote: No lynch

Um... I have to explain a no-lynch on day 1?

-CuboneKing-: you have to bold your vote for it to count. Like this:

Vote: the mafia

I don't like the idea of no lynchings. How are you supposed to eradicate the Mafia without the vote? But I'll still follow the bandwagon this once: Vote: No Lynch.

I don't want to take a blind shot here.

Vote: No lynch

I'd still draw conclusions from that.

I'd do too, except they apply to both innocents and mafia. So far, people say they don't want to lynch one of their own, which makes sense, but at the same time, we lose our number one tool to finding out the mafia, which are votes. Therefore, it's also an advantage for the mafia since they gain anonimity, by not having to vote. But it's consequence-free, i.e. since there's no vote on record, there's no way to infer someone's alignment from that choice.

A blind stab on Day 1 also has advantages for both innocents and mafia. The innocents have a shot at getting mafia, the mafia get to target an innocent. Thing is, in this case, there's a vote on record and we get to use that vote later on.

I'll vote near the end of the phase.

vote: no lynch

With ~5 hours left in the phase, the votes stand at:

No Lynch: 8

Vote:Hellion
You are applying too much logic in this simple game. Just kill the mafia. So I'mma take a potshot and vote on a random person.

vote: Samurai

Hellion plays logically? Blasphemy! :V

(No I'm not just voting in retaliation - we all know which faction would really want to get rid of Hellion ASAP.)

How do I know?
Dude this is my first game............

*shrugs* Whether this is your first game or your hundredth, voting for someone because they use logic is 100% guaranteed to raise flags.

I'll concede that it may have been a thoughtless move from a newbie who doesn't completely understand the strategy that goes into this game, but I'm not quite ready to take back my vote on you yet. Rest assured that the votes for no lynch far outweigh my single vote for you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom