• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BMGf Murder Mystery Endgame 24/10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulmaster

Notification King 1111
Reaction score
banner_zpsan0ktx8h.png

It finally happened
Somebody killed the Head Administrator
It happened while she was meeting with the Section Heads,
But they didn’t know which one did it.
Each thought it was the other.
So who dun it? Using what weapon? In whose section?

Rules and Mechanics:
Shamelessly stolen from Mintaka

There are 9 suspects: Joshawott, Eitarou, Hidden Mew, Winterdaze, AceTrainer14, Paperhorse, Enzap, Baf, and Kakuna Matata

There are 9 Weapons: the Knife, the Hammer, the Revolver, the Rope, the Wrench, the Broomstick, the Lead Pipe, the Candlestick, and the Screwdriver

There are 9 Rooms: Pokemon Video Games, Pokemon Anime and Manga, Pokemon TCG and Collectibles, General Pokemon Discussion, Writer’s Workshop, Art Gallery, Fun and Games, Entertainments Inc, and Outside the Box

This Mystery Game’s mechanics are close to the Clue/Cluedo game’s mechanics. If you know the board game, you’ll have a better understanding.

1. When the game is about to start, I will randomly pick from each category to create an answer – who murdered, with which weapon, and where the murder took place. This leaves eight innocent suspects, eight weapons, and eight rooms not related to the murder.

2. There will be eight players. Each player will be given one of the eight names, one of the eight weapons, and one of the eight rooms that weren't related to the murder.

3. Each turn, the players will either choose to move to a different area, make a suggestion or an accusation. Moving to an area and a Suggestion are done by sending a private message to the host. An accusation needs to be posted in the public thread.

4. When in an area, a player can submit a suggestion, consisting of a suspect’s name, a weapon, and the area. If there were any clues that were unrelated to the murder out of the three, host will reply with one of the clues.

5. When disapproving a suggestion with a clue, the host will run down the clues that other players have in a certain order. The order will be decided after everyone has signed up.

6. If a suggestion was disapproved, the player must move to a different area in the next Turn.

7. If a player makes a formal accusation, they must be in the area in which they think the murder took place.
The formal accusation must be stated as a post in the public thread. The host will then say if the accusation was right or wrong. If the accusation is wrong, the player will be eliminated from the game and the clues they had will be distributed randomly among the remaining players. There’s only one chance, so use the chance wisely.

8. Each turn takes 48 hours. A turn will end at 10 PM CST.

9. I will eliminate players if they do not send in an action for a second time. The clues they had will be randomly distributed among the remaining players.
Basically all you’d need to do at each turn is send me a Private Message for your next move, or make a post if you wish to make a formal accusation. There’s not much activity required to play this game. Please sign up only if you can maintain this minimal activity.

10. Discussion among players to find clues is fine, but all game-related talk has to be done within the game thread.

Players:
1) @Elementar
2) @jackatlasred
3) @Molten Eevee
4) @Soaringdylan
5) @WolfOwl
6) @Doctor Floptopus
7) @Zexy
8) @Calvin ッ

Disproving Order
returnofmastercrazyhand
jackatlasred
Molten Eevee
Elementar
Calvin
Soaringdylan
Doctor Floptopus
WolfOwl
returnofmastercrazyhand

and I started working on this over a year ago, which meant half of the things had to be updated. And isn't my 15 minute banner lovely?

Last edited:
Enzap did it, in Fun and Games, with a (Ban)Hammer. Trust me I know, I'm a mod there! Case solved :p

/in (unless I have to become a MoD, if so I'll tell you)

In, only ever played Cluedo once, an alternative I played was a harry potter version though [emoji14]

I have one from 2001 without the clue/cluedo branding.
Also in,
Why is KM in the game when she's considered retired by now?
...so she is. See strikethrough at bottom, didn't think that would have been the issue though. Eh, she's still a evil person though.

And holy crap guys, 10 hours after posting and completely full, plus 1. Actually took 7 hours to fill. And sorry MCH, you were spot number 9 : / Hopefully I'll host another one, especially if this is the interest levels.

1) @Elementar
2) @jackatlasred
3) @Molten Eevee
4) @Soaringdylan
5) @WolfOwl
6) @Doctor Floptopus
7) @Zexy
8) @Calvin ッ

So, let's go. I'll start rolling the clues and sending everything out now.

/out so MCH can play instead
I may also MoD this. Good luck, everyone.

1) @Elementar
2) @jackatlasred
3) @Molten Eevee
4) @Soaringdylan
5) @WolfOwl
6) @Doctor Floptopus
7) @returnofmastercrazyhand
8) @Calvin ッ

Zexy has given up his spot to be the MoD for this game, which means that @returnofmastercrazyhand is indeed in the game.

Everything has been sent out. If you didn't receive anything let me know. Please confirm in thread that you have received your starting clues. The 3 clues you have means that it was not done by that person, with that weapon, or in that room.

I'll go ahead and just start Phase 1 now as well. As none of you are in a room you must go to a room on the first turn. It will end Monday Night, so a slightly longer Phase 1. That is, unless everyone sends in stuff early. Once all 8 people have sent in actions, I will go ahead and update.

And the disproving order is
returnofmastercrazyhand
jackatlasred
Molten Eevee
Elementar
Calvin
Soaringdylan
Doctor Floptopus
WolfOwl
returnofmastercrazyhand

Last edited:
Status